Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was obviously too busy watching the profits to worry about the costs:cheesy:

Spread is important to me, but at the end of the day it is a business expense that has to be paid in order to enter a trade - I mostly concentrate on getting good entries and exits, but thanks for the advice.

You are welcome:)

Hi 4x4

Really many thanks for your posting. I am glad you like our next gen technology and most of what you are asking is in production. We are looking to launch one lick function very soon and will look into your points regarding tickets etc.

Keep your posts coming good or bad and thanks for giving us a try. I am particularly happy with your comments about execution because we have invested a lot of money in our execution process. Lot of work gone into the infrastructure to deliver fast accruate pricing and automated execution with no requotes.

Good luck with your trading.
Peter
I've traded with IG for about 10 years, but have this week opened an account with CMC.

My first impression of the CMC trading platform is excellent.

Very tight spreads and lightening fast times on both entries and exits - superb.

Very tight stops and an excellent trailing stop option - love it.

Not mad on the fact that the tickets are either Buy or Sell tickets - much prefer a ticket that I can prepare and keep for either direction. I would also prefer the Confirm button be renamed to Buy or Sell accordingly - I know they're colour coded but somehow the trigger button labelled Buy/Sell would be far more logical - at least to me!

As previously mentioned by Timm, it would be fantastic if a default stake size could be pre-set to choice and even better if this option could also be extended to the stop loss size and type - if these features were added it would be an unbeatable platform.

Thus far, I'm well pleased I finally made the change.

Hi Peakoil
of we are not removing gold it is on the system.

pc

First oil futures, now gold. My theory is this - after all those years of success, Mr. Cruddas started feeling sorry for his competitors, so he hatched a plan to give them some of his customers.
;-)

Hi Peakoil;
you are right about feeling sorry for our competitors, they dont have Next Gen.

pc

First oil futures, now gold. My theory is this - after all those years of success, Mr. Cruddas started feeling sorry for his competitors, so he hatched a plan to give them some of his customers.
;-)

Hi 4x4
You are right it is already growing.
We have not removed gold.
pc
I think CMC haven't got the best reputation (that was certainly true in my case and that of several people I know) - but that could soon change due to their tight spreads and excellent platform. I'm sure they will soon grow their customer base and likewise, their profits.

Hi 4x4

Really many thanks for your posting. I am glad you like our next gen technology and most of what you are asking is in production. We are looking to launch one lick function very soon and will look into your points regarding tickets etc. gone into the infrastructure to deliver fast accruate pricing and automated execution with no requotes.

Peter

'One lick function...? I'd prefer to use a mouse.

Credit where its due although I still don't like the chart set up to have such low spreads on a stable platform is a major step forward and am sure will give the competition something to think about!

Hi Tim3
Many thanks for your post. The charts will be changed soon so you can have white back ground. There are other changes as well that I believe enhance the platform.
But at the end of the day it is the spreads and execution that count the most with clients. Also typical spreads and the quality of the pricing and execution. I think we are taking spread betting to the next level and only time will tell whether I am right or not but so far the results are very encouraging and it is good to get some very positive feed back on this forum. I should also say that there are more things to come across the whole next gen platform that will continue to enhance the platform. It is getting exciting now but I do think the spread bet industry was crying out for a next gen platform to take it to take spread betting (and cfds) to the next level. we are well on our way.

regards Peter

Credit where its due although I still don't like the chart set up to have such low spreads on a stable platform is a major step forward and am sure will give the competition something to think about!

Peter,

Ah! It was the Gold Aug 11 Q bet that was finishing. Just the way your company's email popped up (never had one on Gold before) and it looked like you were taking Gold off. That's good you are keeping it!

Benny

Hi - I have just come across this thread and haven't read the entire thing, life is too short..) so apologies if this is a repeat..
I started using your demo web SB platform - I like the charting package and have watched you add a number of useful features, and the spreads seem pretty competitive. I'd like to see a few more options on these before I'd use it live, but my biggest concern to date has been that the platform often seems to hang up, and I have to re-log in - I'll click for a chart and nothing happens, or on the buy/sell option and ditto. Don' t know whether you have any comment on this ?

Hi Noviceuk

Thanks for your post. I run Next Gen across google chrome and I have never had this problem. I only have time out issues which is more to do with chrome than our platform and we are building a fix for this. what browser do you use.

thanks peter

Hi - I have just come across this thread and haven't read the entire thing, life is too short..) so apologies if this is a repeat..
I started using your demo web SB platform - I like the charting package and have watched you add a number of useful features, and the spreads seem pretty competitive. I'd like to see a few more options on these before I'd use it live, but my biggest concern to date has been that the platform often seems to hang up, and I have to re-log in - I'll click for a chart and nothing happens, or on the buy/sell option and ditto. Don' t know whether you have any comment on this ?

Ross, problem with you is that even when we listen to what people want
we have to put up with your sarcasm. it is summer why don't you take a couple of weeks off and give us all a break.

pc

Hurrah. Fantastic news for everyone except Specsavers and Vision Express.

Hi Noviceuk

Thanks for your post. I run Next Gen across google chrome and I have never had this problem. I only have time out issues which is more to do with chrome than our platform and we are building a fix for this. what browser do you use.

thanks peter

Time out issues exists with IE and firefox as well but it takes longer than Google Chrome ...

You'll give your competitors something to worry about once you include their larger range of markets...;)

hi geewcee,
You have a point and we will be adding more products but generally we find that because we list the most traded and popular products then that is enough.
I suppose we could take the view that we will offer everything but if we listed everything most of the time there are a lot of dormant products.
We are doing incredibly well on the products we have, yes there are more to come but we are putting most of our resources into delivering 0.9 spreads on the most popular products.

thanks pc

You'll give your competitors something to worry about once you include their larger range of markets...;)

Hi geewcee,

welcome aboard, yes we have all FTSE 250 stocks.
Please feed back your experiences on the platform back here. Good luck with your trading.

regards Peter

Have you got all UK FTSE250 shares on your platform? If so I'll give your company a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.