Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi fleetwood,
not sure why that is but you can always open account with iphone or ipad if that helps.
If not you can call our help desk and they will sort it out for you.

peter

thought id just have a moan.
Used to have an account with you guys a few years ago. Got an email recently telling me about 0.9 spreads and thought it would be good to comeback. Anyway your website doesnt seem to fit right on my laptop. So as im filling out the questions I get to the 4th bit and I cant press the continue button because its off the screen lol. Dont seem to have any problems with other websites.

I wondered if anyone else is unable to Login to CMC. I can access other websites as normal including the CMC website. It is just the login page which is not working as I have the circle rotating endlessly. If anyone can suggest a solution I would be grateful.

yes the question is how do they make their money on zero spreads or do they make money on zero spread trades.

They make a profit because the vast majority of SBers will lose money, anyway, whatever the spread. Those who don't lose will be nobbled by delays and rejections.
Also, in my experience WS's platform is so clunky that zero spread is effectively an illusion.

It used to be but not clunky any more Ross. For small orders at least. Must have an excellent hedging mechanism to minimise any losses and as you say most people lose. Plus it is a good way for them to attract betters on other instruments.

For all the crazy ranting that Truth Seeker has been doing the last few weeks it seems that Peter is slowly implementing his suggestions. So good on you for sticking to your guns TS!!
Peter I think I asked you before Xmas about when you were going to add more stocks to your platform and you said 'around 4 weeks'... Any news on that? Once you have the range of stocks that IG Index have I'm switching over purely cos I'd love to use your ipad app.

Hi Peter,

I am thinking of trying out an Apple Mac with 4GB. How many charts could be opened at the same time? Also, is it possible to save the layout? Thanks in advance.

Hi geewcee.
We have more products ready to launch but because we reduced spreads recently we have brought forward some pricing and trade your amount software which was sneaked in ahead of products launch. Have to say there is demand for more products but not that much demand from existing clients and potential clients. I know we need more products but generally not that much more. Not sure we want to be everything to every body but we are preparing new products so might as well launch them. I am hoping for update soon from the tech team. so much going on do not know what is coming next but all good stuff.

tks pc

For all the crazy ranting that Truth Seeker has been doing the last few weeks it seems that Peter is slowly implementing his suggestions. So good on you for sticking to your guns TS!!
Peter I think I asked you before Xmas about when you were going to add more stocks to your platform and you said 'around 4 weeks'... Any news on that? Once you have the range of stocks that IG Index have I'm switching over purely cos I'd love to use your ipad app.

Hi Twinj,
You can only open charts within the quote panel and you can put in probably half a dozen. we are working on pop outs which is high priority on charts. Had to put white back grounds ahead of the pack for Ross ha ha.
Yes you can save layouts providing you do not close the charts you have set. when you log out and log back in again, studies will have been saved. again we are working on some things to make sure you can have more charts, that pop out and you can save them. we should have done this before launch but it go lost in the fog of next gen. for now you will have to be content with 0.9 spreads and a lot more

tks peter

Hi Peter,

I am thinking of trying out an Apple Mac with 4GB. How many charts could be opened at the same time? Also, is it possible to save the layout? Thanks in advance.

Just tried the Tracker demo again, to see if multi-monitor support had been added, and with charts that can be tiled without overlapping. Obviously not, so I will continue using Marketmaker.

With Marketmaker there is a link to PLUS+ Market Information/Financial Diary Summary which I find useful as it simply gives the times when various economic announcements will be made, but on Tracker there does not seem to be the same info, instead there are verbose news stories which I don't need.

In fact right now I think the only possible reason for using the tracker platform is the order entry system with lack of requotes. Everything else about the Tracker platform is just awful, too cluncky I think, so I won't be opening a live account.

Obviously PC will provide the service to clients that is of most benefit to the CMC business, and given that most retail traders are clueless loosers that means the main driver of the CMC business is to satisfy the demands of the clueless majority.

Hi Mysteron,
Thanks for your comments although do not agree with all of them.
You are right about economic news. we are building that to go with the ipad. To be honest we released the ipad early because lots of clients were asking for it so we got it out there without the complete picture. there is more to come especially on the content side. pricing and no re-quotes and automated execution were the main priorities and now we are building up the content.

thanks Peter

Just tried the Tracker demo again, to see if multi-monitor support had been added, and with charts that can be tiled without overlapping. Obviously not, so I will continue using Marketmaker.

With Marketmaker there is a link to PLUS+ Market Information/Financial Diary Summary which I find useful as it simply gives the times when various economic announcements will be made, but on Tracker there does not seem to be the same info, instead there are verbose news stories which I don't need.

In fact right now I think the only possible reason for using the tracker platform is the order entry system with lack of requotes. Everything else about the Tracker platform is just awful, too cluncky I think, so I won't be opening a live account.

Obviously PC will provide the service to clients that is of most benefit to the CMC business, and given that most retail traders are clueless loosers that means the main driver of the CMC business is to satisfy the demands of the clueless majority.

On the subject of what we lost, I used to be able to access Level 2 through the MM InvestorEdition platform, but apparently that function has been removed, with no warning or plans to provide the service by other means. As the Level 2 offer was the reason I was tempted to try CMC again after my account had been dormant for years, that doesn't seem fair, to say the least, and is the main reason why I haven't tried Next Gen live now the spreads are better.

Any thoughts about this, PC?

Hi Ross. There is a push on to get more content into next gen. hopefully we will be releasing more stuff soon. In meantime you will have to put up with 0.9 spreads and consistent daily typical spreads.
Sorry for late reply on this I was away the weekend and it was one of those weekends when I switched off the phones and emails and just unwound. didnt help the golf mind you, still sprayed it around the golf course every where. struggling to maintain a 3 handicap now due to age and next gen but will keep trying.

How were your ballet classes ha ha

pc

On the subject of what we lost, I used to be able to access Level 2 through the MM InvestorEdition platform, but apparently that function has been removed, with no warning or plans to provide the service by other means. As the Level 2 offer was the reason I was tempted to try CMC again after my account had been dormant for years, that doesn't seem fair, to say the least, and is the main reason why I haven't tried Next Gen live now the spreads are better.

Any thoughts about this, PC?

Hi Mysteron,

Could not agree with you less. I do not think next gen is clunky. it works great across iphone and ipad but I accept it is not perfect. We are building some new stuff like economic calendars etc hopefully you will have them soon.

tks peter

Hi Ross. There is a push on to get more content into next gen. hopefully we will be releasing more stuff soon. In meantime you will have to put up with 0.9 spreads and consistent daily typical spreads.
Sorry for late reply on this I was away the weekend and it was one of those weekends when I switched off the phones and emails and just unwound. didnt help the golf mind you, still sprayed it around the golf course every where. struggling to maintain a 3 handicap now due to age and next gen but will keep trying.

How were your ballet classes ha ha

pc

We're all pleased that CMC gave in to public pressure and reduced spreads, but that has nothing to do with why Investor Edition Level 2 should be terminated without even telling your customers (or ex-customers) about it.

(My grand jetes are doing OK, but my teacher says I need to work on glissades and entrechats, thanks for asking.)

I like the new spreads. I don't like having to migrate to the new platform which isn't yet ready for serious trading.

How long will it be before the new platform is able to store default position sizes? This small addition would make it so much more usable.

Hi Timm,
new charting release coming soon. I think within three to four weeks.
that should help

glad you like the new spreads.

regards Peter

I like the new spreads. I don't like having to migrate to the new platform which isn't yet ready for serious trading.

How long will it be before the new platform is able to store default position sizes? This small addition would make it so much more usable.

Hi Mysteron,

Could not agree with you less. I do not think next gen is clunky. it works great across iphone and ipad but I accept it is not perfect. We are building some new stuff like economic calendars etc hopefully you will have them soon.

tks peter

The way I see it is that anyone who is serious about trading to make a profit should not be trading with an iphone or ipad, anyone doing so puts themselves at a disadvantage and deserves what they get.

Having said that I do understand why you keep hyping up next gen on iphone and ipad, its because the clueless idiots actually want to trade that way, and its good for your business too, but of course the majority will loose.

The way I see it is that anyone who is serious about trading to make a profit should not be trading with an iphone or ipad, anyone doing so puts themselves at a disadvantage and deserves what they get.

Having said that I do understand why you keep hyping up next gen on iphone and ipad, its because the clueless idiots actually want to trade that way, and its good for your business too, but of course the majority will loose.

Hmm, can't see why anyone would trade if they're not "serious about trading to make profit", as for your other points yes and no..

I reckon I-phone and or android devices are excellent on any platform that supports them if you're out and about you get an alert and need to close a trade...I've done it several times using my HTC. Not sure I'd take a trade, despite the fact that I'm mainly a *levels* trader (Pivot, S&R, 200MA etc) so could take trades effortlessly.

As for trading on an I-pad 2 (with a 3 mobile sim in it) I've done it, works a treat, not SB-ing but can't see why, with most SB's offering spreads of between 0.9 - 2 pips on the most popular pairs, it'd be an issue versus an ecn broker.

I don't reckon I'm clueless, I can spell lose though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.