Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also makes the Brent/WTI Spread trade a pure gamble to trade as you have NO idea what it will cost you to rollover.

Please feed this back and bring back futures Peter.

It all makes perfect sense but is a huge disadvantage for the punter.

P.S. Happy to sit down and have a discussion about this if you are interested.

Hi Nigel

I have fired off your two replies to the quants.
Have to say rolling cash commodities are very popular but I am considering bringing back the futures bets. I am going to have meeting with the guys to see how long it will take to get futures back so you can choose what you want to trade
will let you know what quants have to say. It might be good idea if you had chat with them but lets see what they say.

tks pc

It also makes the Brent/WTI Spread trade a pure gamble to trade as you have NO idea what it will cost you to rollover.

Please feed this back and bring back futures Peter.

It all makes perfect sense but is a huge disadvantage for the punter.

P.S. Happy to sit down and have a discussion about this if you are interested.

Hi Nigel

Have to say rolling cash commodities are very popular but I am considering bringing back the futures bets. I am going to have meeting with the guys to see how long it will take to get futures back so you can choose what you want to trade
will let you know what quants have to say. It might be good idea if you had chat with them but lets see what they say.

tks pc

That is a good decision give the trader the choice and you will still offer cash commodities as well , that's a good step . Regards .

Hi Nigel

tks pc

Good response.

I think the point here is in normal circumstances the cash commodity would be fine and it IS a good idea but with the huge contangos/backwardation in oil it is FAR better for the trader to judge when to roll the position into the next month and take the "hit" on the cost of doing this rather than through the overnight carry charge which is based on something outside of their control.

Oh, and P.S. don't be surprised if your volumes on oil go through the roof assuming you do bring the futures back - I'll happily take an ipad as a fair trade ;-)

Hi Tar,
am trying to find out how long it will take but seeing great volumes on cash commodities. it might just need a bit more time to bed in cash commodities and gain acceptance. I think cash commodities are awesome. technically you do not lose out because if there is backwardation then you get the cash adjustment but I accept that this is not what spread betters are looking for.
so will look at the futures and try to get them established asap.

cheers pc

That is a good decision give the trader the choice and you will still offer cash commodities as well , that's a good step . Regards .

Reactions: tar
Hi Nigel,

There are arguments for both sides and what we need to do is give choice so let me look into it.
tks pc

Good response.

I think the point here is in normal circumstances the cash commodity would be fine and it IS a good idea but with the huge contangos/backwardation in oil it is FAR better for the trader to judge when to roll the position into the next month and take the "hit" on the cost of doing this rather than through the overnight carry charge which is based on something outside of their control.

Oh, and P.S. don't be surprised if your volumes on oil go through the roof assuming you do bring the futures back - I'll happily take an ipad as a fair trade ;-)

Hi Twinj
You can disable the ticket conformation in preferences.
for us whether you select buy or sell it makes no difference. the system is not angled towards knowing whether you are buyer or seller before you trade it is to make it easier for clients to buy or sell. remember this is betting product. the prices and execution are all generated via computers and algorithms. the computer does not read your position before you trade to see whether you are long or shot.

you can also trade using stop entries, trailing stops etc.

tks pc

Is this only available in the live account? Because in the demo account, you can disable 'order confirmation' but when you go to trade, you'll click on buy GBPUSD, it then brings up a BUY window for stake size and then has a confirmation button. But you can't sell in this window. You also can't open a buy window and a sell window at the same time. So you're forcing the client to tell you in advance his direction. Whether the underlying technology cares or not whether you go long or shot is a separate matter.

Is the live account the same?

I have been using Tradefair for spreadbetting over the past few years after having a few problems with Marketmaker. After being moved over to the new platform, on a few occasions opening the same trades on both. This morning a tesco trade reached the same take profit position on each, with Tradefair closing at set price and CMC slipping past for an extra 4p (thats a first). Also the overnight charge Trade fair 30p, CMC 20p.
May be time to come back.
Credit where credit is due as they say.

P.S. Peter,

Another one for you - IG have released their Android app today and very nice it is too.

When is CMC's android app coming?

Thanks Biffo you are wel come back any time.
regards Peter

I have been using Tradefair for spreadbetting over the past few years after having a few problems with Marketmaker. After being moved over to the new platform, on a few occasions opening the same trades on both. This morning a tesco trade reached the same take profit position on each, with Tradefair closing at set price and CMC slipping past for an extra 4p (thats a first). Also the overnight charge Trade fair 30p, CMC 20p.
May be time to come back.
Credit where credit is due as they say.

Hi Nigel

yes saw that, havent had a chance to look at it yet.
To be honest not sure yet when we will release ours but so much going on,all good stuff and we will have it soon. we released ipad ahead of competition.
You can run our flash flex across tablets etc but we have android app in production.
we are concentrating on lowering spreads as we believe that is the most important issue for trading clients. at the end of the day, iphone, ipad, android is personal choice. if our spreads are lowest and rollovers very competitive (see biffos post) then it would probably pay you to get iphone just for trading with CMC because of the savings you make on spreads and rollovers but I guess it depends on trade size etc and number of trades you do. do the sums and decide.
above is personal view, remember that you should understand the risks before trading. regards peter.

P.S. Peter,

Another one for you - IG have released their Android app today and very nice it is too.

When is CMC's android app coming?

refers to deleted post/QUOTE]

Ross you and Gle have 'taken on' CMC on this thread from early days, however, despite my thoughts on you guys going around in circles over the platform usability and then the one click nonsense, the delivery of any criticism has been very constructive, well mannered and at times funny, at no times has it 'crossed the line' and entered into bizarre ad hominem personal attacks.

If I were at CMC towers and was passed the feedback from this forum I might not agree with most of it but as I stated a while back re Bill Gates; "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning..."

As I've said before I liken Peter's initative on this thread to Undercover Boss on C4, he doesn't have to *do this*, but he does, similar to Simon at CS they deserve a lot of credit for sticking their neck on the block and being prepared to deal wih it all. As you know I don't SB anymore, but I tell you what, I could do given I only swing and position trade the Euro, the Euro is only 0.9 whilst knowing that if I do have any problems I could flag it up on this forum and speak to the main man..

Now i like the SB industry, never done me any harm, all the harm was self inflicted whilst I learnt on the job so I honestly struggle with all the attacks, we have a great opportunity in this business to make money with little risk and zero overheads, I met with a mover and shaker in the SB industry this time last year he was telling me of how ten-twelve years ago his spread 'over the phone' on cable was 25 pips..

This thread has imho come on leaps and bounds with the constructive imput over the past week or so, given it's where you mostly post perhaps its up to you, Nigel and a couple of the other guys to keep it 'clean' and to set a standard for your own benefits?

truth seeker

Just to correct you it is me who has been deleting your posts since they have been going OTT in your comments about CMC. You have made your views very clear in earlier posts and those remain.

I have also deleted the latest responses which refer to posts of yours that have been deleted.

jon

refers to deleted post/QUOTE]

Ross you and Gle have 'taken on' CMC on this thread from early days, however, despite my thoughts on you guys going around in circles over the platform usability and then the one click nonsense, the delivery of any criticism has been very constructive, well mannered and at times funny, at no times has it 'crossed the line' and entered into bizarre ad hominem personal attacks.

If I were at CMC towers and was passed the feedback from this forum I might not agree with most of it but as I stated a while back re Bill Gates; "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning..."

As I've said before I liken Peter's initative on this thread to Undercover Boss on C4, he doesn't have to *do this*, but he does, similar to Simon at CS they deserve a lot of credit for sticking their neck on the block and being prepared to deal wih it all. As you know I don't SB anymore, but I tell you what, I could do given I only swing and position trade the Euro, the Euro is only 0.9 whilst knowing that if I do have any problems I could flag it up on this forum and speak to the main man..

Now i like the SB industry, never done me any harm, all the harm was self inflicted whilst I learnt on the job so I honestly struggle with all the attacks, we have a great opportunity in this business to make money with little risk and zero overheads, I met with a mover and shaker in the SB industry this time last year he was telling me of how ten-twelve years ago his spread 'over the phone' on cable was 25 pips..

This thread has imho come on leaps and bounds with the constructive imput over the past week or so, given it's where you mostly post perhaps its up to you, Nigel and a couple of the other guys to keep it 'clean' and to set a standard for your own benefits?

Is that almost a compliment from you? Thanks, if it is.:) The problem now is that it looks like my last post has been deleted by the mods on censorship grounds. Oh well.

barjon note: not censorship, ross - just because it qoted and commented on a deleted post

Is that almost a compliment from you? Thanks, if it is.:) The problem now is that it looks like my last post has been deleted by the mods on censorship grounds. Oh well.

barjon note: not censorship, ross - just because it qoted and commented on a deleted post

Unfortunately posts get deleted in a *string*, mine got caught in the crossfire too, Jon'll re-instate it for you I'm sure.

In relation to; you, gle, tar, Nigel et all keeping the SB industry on its toes, helping shape solutions that we're all happy with, (leaving the only complaint that we're acutally 5hite traders :LOL:) who could possibly disagree with that? ;)

Again I reckon we're getting some serious clues from PC as to where the SB industry is headed over the next few years, we may be left with a situation were the only failing will be us..and then they'll have to address that as they really do need a fair proportion of their clients to succeed, esp. as the industry changes..

truth seeker

Just to correct you it is me who has been deleting your posts since they have been going OTT in your comments about CMC. You have made your views very clear in earlier posts and those remain.

I have also deleted the latest responses which refer to posts of yours that have been deleted.

jon

Why the censorship, are we now in China? OTT? I don't think so at all. But hey, it's your playground and you make the rules, I now see the whole picture.

Ross

Divide and conquer, look it up, Black Swan has.

hi Black swan,
Many thanks for your input and feed back. I have to tell you that I am listening to people on this forum. I am trying to get quarterly oil bets reinstated alongside our cash commodities because Nigel made a very good point. Also although the one click debate was nonsense and the way it was handled didnt come across well, I have looked at another part of the technology that I think will be good for clients but I cannot say what it is because I am still discussing it with the team to see how quickly we can get it up and running.
also all the feed back on charting has been passed onto the team and they are taking into account what has been said on this forum. Hey Ross, you might even get white back grounds if you keep on at it ha ha.
I have to admit also that part of what I learnt on this site has shaped our new spread reductions. There have been some very good points made about minimum spreads and now we are stepping up to the plate.

I actually love this forum, it really does tell me a lot about the industry and what I should be looking at and most of the time the feed back is constructive.
I know there is the odd rant and to be honest that spoils it for every body else but I try to seperate the stupid comments from the constructive comments and try to keep moving the industry and CMC Markets forwards.

well done to the people on this forum who give good feed back and help me shape CMC Markets. Sorry getting all mushy now but love is breaking out all over.

remember the above views are personal, you should understand the risk of spread betting for you trade.

thanks peter
:love::love::love:
Unfortunately posts get deleted in a *string*, mine got caught in the crossfire too, Jon'll re-instate it for you I'm sure.

In relation to; you, gle, tar, Nigel et all keeping the SB industry on its toes, helping shape solutions that we're all happy with, (leaving the only complaint that we're acutally 5hite traders :LOL:) who could possibly disagree with that? ;)

Again I reckon we're getting some serious clues from PC as to where the SB industry is headed over the next few years, we may be left with a situation were the only failing will be us..and then they'll have to address that as they really do need a fair proportion of their clients to succeed, esp. as the industry changes..

Hi Ross,

You are very perceptive and yes you are right I am trying to give feed back on where I want to see this industry.
I am tired of the special offers, the hype about head line spreads. What counts is consistency of execution and the daily typical spreads. these points I need to get across and we are working on it.

also the investment I have made in next gen I think takes the industry to another level.
The execution and pricing we now offer I think is excellent. The execution is automated, there are no requotes and in effect you are dealing with a computer with alogrithmic execution. you get precision pricing and you can trade on less than 1 pip on majors on top of that it is tax free (subject to your tax status).
The industry is getting more and more professional and that means lower trading costs for clients and more chances to make money. long may it continue.

thanks peter

Status
Not open for further replies.