Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can cope with that amount of time, at least its not 4/5 months :)

any chance you could drop me an email once theyre online ?

thanks

Thanks Paul. some more improvements coming on the live platform including charting upgrades and things.
if you use demo on your iphone you can keep up with markets any time.

cheers pc

I heard a whisper that chart colours will be customisable -- the future's looking bright!

PS. Congrats on the new job, PC.

Im looking forward to the updates, when can we see the new companies / forex coming online too?
Im a mac user so the live platform with via the web is nice for my 27" imac, and yea iphone app is super nice too. All in All great user interfaces.

Used one briefly for the first time a few weeks back, totally converted..

Used one briefly for the first time a few weeks back, totally converted..

LOL ill never be using a PC again (only in the office) with iOS 5 and the new Lion OS being released, Apple are at the top of their game!

With CMC having such a nice GUI too, it does look stunning on the glossy mac

could not agree more. the functionality across apple mac is amazing. also we wrote our own iphone and ipad apps rather than bridge iphone to existing platform. in effect we have two platforms.
1. flash flex for desk top
2. iphone/ipad app.

enjoy
pc

LOL ill never be using a PC again (only in the office) with iOS 5 and the new Lion OS being released, Apple are at the top of their game!

My only issue with the CMC web platform is that multi screen is pretty much useless (as far as I can tell).

It seems the only way is to stretch the browser window over to the second screen but thats not ideal.

With IG you can open advanced charts in a new window which I normally keep on one screen and the trading main window on the other...

Still useable though.. but could be a bit better!

My only issue with the CMC web platform is that multi screen is pretty much useless (as far as I can tell).

It seems the only way is to stretch the browser window over to the second screen but thats not ideal.

With IG you can open advanced charts in a new window which I normally keep on one screen and the trading main window on the other...

Hmmm i think thats abit unfair, because if you have two screens at the same size and res. It shouldnt really matter about dragging it over two monitors if you have enough screen real estate.

Not sure if you can log in twice? Because you could log into two browser windows?

Ah, but I don't! Not yet anyway..

Using a 26" as a main and an 19" LCD TV as a secondary.

But even if I did, and stretched the browser window, I still would not have independent control over 'areas' ...

Still a fan of the interface, dont get me wrong, but as with anything, it can always be improved. IMO!

Hmmm i think thats abit unfair, because if you have two screens at the same size and res. It shouldnt really matter about dragging it over two monitors if you have enough screen real estate.

Not sure if you can log in twice? Because you could log into two browser windows?

Hi Tar,

Thank you.
So in effect you can have one click trading with the screen shots you posted if you
1. only do a market order
2. if you can pre-set the amount to default to your amount.
anything else you have to set the ticket. eg change the amount (if the pre-set amount is not what you want to trade and if you want to enter limit or stop. so maybe we should re name one click trading to

''one click trading providing you can trade on the amount already displayed and it is market order''

As far as I know none of the system you displayed have functionality to pre-set your amount.

I rest my case. can we now have a response from Mr Truth Seeker. as I have been accused of being evasive would be nice to hear response from Mr Truth seeker on posting 1924 or is Mr Truth seeker being evasive.

thanks tar
Peter :clap:
congrats PC you win :party::party::D

Looking at the apple store the 27" i7 looks dear at circa 1300 quid, but then I remembered that I paid that for a Dell 12 years back..Seen them on e-bay from reliable guys (good feedback etc) for 1100..My 2 eldest kids rave about the I-mac..

Hi Mrtan,

we are releasing soon some improvements so you can have multiple charts and screens with tabs so you can monitor more charts and products.
not sure of release date but we are talking weeks not months.

tks pc

hi black swan
next gen was built with iphone, ipad and apple mac in mind. the clarity is fantastic. most of our developers and in house users of next gen have mac desk tops. looks beautiful. might even have non-black charts to display on them soon. now that would be progress but at least we listen on this forum.

tks pc
Looking at the apple store the 27" i7 looks dear at circa 1300 quid, but then I remembered that I paid that for a Dell 12 years back..Seen them on e-bay from reliable guys (good feedback etc) for 1100..My 2 eldest kids rave about the I-mac..

Excellent!

great news.. :)

Glad I've not asked for some far out, ultra unique request there!

Its great you take the time to answer things on here, shame you have to waste so much on people just out to moan.

I'd also like to say well done for doing a U Turn on the margins last week too.

PS, any luck on that PM I sent?

Hi Mrtan,

we are releasing soon some improvements so you can have multiple charts and screens with tabs so you can monitor more charts and products.
not sure of release date but we are talking weeks not months.

tks pc

Hi Tar,

Thank you.
So in effect you can have one click trading with the screen shots you posted if you
1. only do a market order
2. if you can pre-set the amount to default to your amount.
anything else you have to set the ticket. eg change the amount (if the pre-set amount is not what you want to trade and if you want to enter limit or stop. so maybe we should re name one click trading to

''one click trading providing you can trade on the amount already displayed and it is market order''

As far as I know none of the system you displayed have functionality to pre-set your amount.

I rest my case. can we now have a response from Mr Truth Seeker. as I have been accused of being evasive would be nice to hear response from Mr Truth seeker on posting 1924 or is Mr Truth seeker being evasive.

thanks tar
Peter :clap:

on the other hand , with CMC's new platform to make a trade you have to click 3 times plus you have to use the keypad once ( to choose the size ) , which means extra few seconds comapred to other platforms :clap:

With Oanda and Fxcm you can have a pre-set default order size , stop loss distance and take profit as well !

Last edited:
hi Mrtan,
I passed your private email onto the team. they came back to me and said looking into it. should have reply soon.
regards Peter
Excellent!

great news.. :)

Glad I've not asked for some far out, ultra unique request there!

Its great you take the time to answer things on here, shame you have to waste so much on people just out to moan.

I'd also like to say well done for doing a U Turn on the margins last week too.

PS, any luck on that PM I sent?

game over tar you already conceded. lets move on. just waiting for Mr Truthseeker to comment...

pc
on the other hand , with CMC's new platform to make a trade you have to click 3 times plus you have to use the keypad once ( to choose the size ) , which means extra few seconds comapred to other platforms :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.