Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Peter.
Have still been demoing your CFD platform. Firstly I think the product is fantastic, especially being able to change the financing! It makes CFd's a genuine alternative for normal share dealing for the slightly longer term.
For some constructive criticism I would say that the platform still seems to be clunky. I'm not sure about the whole Flash thing as a whole. It is very difficult to just browse of flick through charts without opening a new window for each product. Also the lack of instruments is a bit worrying.. particularly only 330 uk shares? I really hope you have some more on the way at least to cover most of the LSE and maybe sector indices/etf's also?
anyway you will have one more live customer in me a soon as more instruments are available. I can live with the software (you cant be perfect afterall!) plus I use sharescope to.

Thanks Jester for your constructive comments. They have already been passed onto the team. Lots more to come from next gen including more products. we have to get the technology right for pricing and automated execution but so much more to come.
welcome to the world of next gen.
regards Peter
hi Peter.
Have still been demoing your CFD platform. Firstly I think the product is fantastic, especially being able to change the financing! It makes CFd's a genuine alternative for normal share dealing for the slightly longer term.
For some constructive criticism I would say that the platform still seems to be clunky. I'm not sure about the whole Flash thing as a whole. It is very difficult to just browse of flick through charts without opening a new window for each product. Also the lack of instruments is a bit worrying.. particularly only 330 uk shares? I really hope you have some more on the way at least to cover most of the LSE and maybe sector indices/etf's also?
anyway you will have one more live customer in me a soon as more instruments are available. I can live with the software (you cant be perfect afterall!) plus I use sharescope to.

hi geewcee

yes you are right geewcee I do want to. would love to send all trading clients a free ipad and maybe we will one day. watch this space. but you have to be serious about working with us. There are too many characters on this site who just use it to have a pop at us so never know who is serious and who is just a wind up merchant.
still lots to come from next gen.
regards peter
Joking aside, theres no reason why they couldnt send you an ipad once you've paid a certain amount of spread on your account. Poker sites have been giving bonuses like this away for years based on their 'rake' (equivalent to spread) and its about time spread betting companies did the same!
C'mon Peter start a new trend you know you want to!

hi geewcee

yes you are right geewcee I do want to. would love to send all trading clients a free ipad and maybe we will one day. watch this space. but you have to be serious about working with us. There are too many characters on this site who just use it to have a pop at us so never know who is serious and who is just a wind up merchant.
still lots to come from next gen.
regards peter

Why do you seem to think anything remotely critical posted here is a wind-up or having a pop at you? If just about every other SB has some sort of promotional offer (and CMC used to), why not now when you're trying to sign people up for a new platform?

Hi Ross,
please see last two sentences on post 1705 applies to you

pc

Why do you seem to think anything remotely critical posted here is a wind-up or having a pop at you? If just about every other SB has some sort of promotional offer (and CMC used to), why not now when you're trying to sign people up for a new platform?

Hi PC,

I was looking at the "Sell financing example" http://www.cmcmarkets.co.uk/how-tos/our-products-explained/spread-betting-explained

and basically what it says is that the direction of trade is irrelevant, you will always charge for holding position overnight.

I am not sure but it seems to me that the accepted way in industry is to give the client opportunity to earn interest on short positions.

Here is some examples.
Igindex http://www.igindex.co.uk/spread-betting/dfb-examples.html
interest in respect of short positions is either credited or debited from a client's account

Capital spreads http://www.capitalspreads.com/generic/faqs.shtml
If you are short of a share/index contract, an interest return may be paid on these equivalent cash funds.

Am I missing something here?

Thank you.

Hi Ross,
please see last two sentences on post 1705 applies to you

pc

As this thread was started by you to answer questions (the hint is in the title), how about not going round in circles and saying that next gen is fantastic.
Why is a wind-up to ask about promotional offers? If it wasn't cost-effective, other SBs (the ones who've taken business away from CMC) wouldn't do it, presumably.

please refer to thread 1705
thanks

As this thread was started by you to answer questions (the hint is in the title), how about not going round in circles and saying that next gen is fantastic.
Why is a wind-up to ask about promotional offers? If it wasn't cost-effective, other SBs (the ones who've taken business away from CMC) wouldn't do it, presumably.

The mods might as well close this tread, then, unless the title can be changed to: CMC Markets Owner Doesn't Answer Your Questions.

finally account opened with CMC France.

first bad trick and bad faith from french customer service :

after a week of "free risk trading" , i decide to convert my EUR account in an US dollars account, i clearly expressed by email : "Account and Balance " in USD.

In answer they said to use the tool included in MM platform : Trading>>>balance ticket conversion.
Confident, I respected the setpoint, balance was converted.
The next day my balance was in EUR again :sneaky:
WTF ?
this was not the correct procedure and each time they took a 40 pips commission :(

Last edited:
Sorry if this overlaps but from my experience using the old platform, during the promotional period, I was in a nice trade with a good size profit. Then a news announcement came. The spread widened so so much. I think it was one of the major currency pairs. I think it was well over 10pips wide. But the remarkable thing was that the market had not even started to be volatile. If I had known such a thing would happen, I would have got out well before the announcement. Does such a thing happen say during non farm payroll release?

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think the interbank rate widens so much does it?

Hi Everybody.
I decided to start my own thread to answer questions regarding CMC Markets.
For those of you who do not know my name is Peter Cruddas.
I started CMC Markets in 1989 and owned 100 percent of the company up until December 2007 when I sold ten percent to Goldman Sachs. I still own 85 percent, Goldmans ten percent and the staff own the rest.
I work at CMC Markets full time, I am executive Chairman and I wanted to create this thread so you could have direct access to me to ask me questions about the Company.
I will answer all the threads personally, I type them myself and I will answer your questions as best and as honestly as I can. So if you have any questions fire away.

regards Peter Cruddas. :)

I hope to do business with ya. Keep in touch and let us see how to expand your business.
All the best.
Tempted

Can the new Web based platform be used on Tablets as well as Computers and if so, which do you recommend? Also, which Web browsers does the new platform support?

Hi Peter,
Is there a plan for an app for Blackberry (Torch) - my phone contract expires soon and I'm not to keen on iPhones.
Also, I see there are no volume indicators - is this in the pipeline? Or can I only get this via level 2 elsewhere?
Steph

Hi Steph

I prefer blackberry for business and iphone for trading. If you could afford both I would go for it. No immediate plans for blackberry but should know later in the summer when you can expect this. Also ipad is superb because of bigger screen
pc

Hi Peter,
Is there a plan for an app for Blackberry (Torch) - my phone contract expires soon and I'm not to keen on iPhones.
Also, I see there are no volume indicators - is this in the pipeline? Or can I only get this via level 2 elsewhere?
Steph

Hi Gaugerer

We havent released an android app at the moment but working on it. If you have tablet that runs windows application then you can get our trading platform to work. By way the ipad app is the best.

thanks pc

Can the new Web based platform be used on Tablets as well as Computers and if so, which do you recommend? Also, which Web browsers does the new platform support?

The mods might as well close this tread, then, unless the title can be changed to: CMC Markets Owner Doesn't Answer Your Questions.

People here are not to wind anybody up but discusss the issues and questions they might have about CMC, taking into account that CMC owner answers the questions (supposedly).
I totally agree that the thread should be renamed to something like CMC Market Owner Promotes CMC.
Virtually every post from the owner states how fantastic their system is and how much he loves it (it's OK to mention it now and then but not everytime). There's enough spam on the internet so everybody expected CMC owner to be more discrete and professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.