Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi 6am
The demand is there based on the number of clients we have trading from iphones so it is not gimmick. However, the demand will increase once we launch our ipad app because the screen is bigger it will be more useful to our clients.
tks pc
Hi PC,

My main SB provider has a mobile platform and I installed it but I found I do not use it at all. And it is not a lack of features. I just do not need it. Therefore the question is how important do you think for traders to have ability to trade from ipad or other mobile devices? Is it just gimmick?

Thanks,

6am

I tried your "Live" help feature and after 5 minutes waiting for response got an error "Sorry, the Live Help service is currently unavailable". What is an expectation here? Should I be able to contact you via "Live" help anytime or is there a time slot when it is available?

Another feature which is a "must" for Live help. The transcript should be automatically sent by email. I was not able to test it. Will I automatically receive transcripts of all "Live" conversations by email?

Being a bit backward, I don't have an i-anything. Trying to trade using one tiny screen is asking for trouble.

btw, any ideas why the chart trader doesn't always work (the order line won't 'select' and can't be dragged)?

You're lucky you don't have any i-things. I got iPhone and can't stand it.
I agree with you that analysing graphs on iPhone is a bad idea but I agree with Peter as it's useful to have iPhone and iPad apps as I use CapitalSpreads and find it useful to monitor my positions when I'm out in a pub.
I think InterTrader released iPad app but I'm not sure how successful it is... I'm not a fan of iPad... or iPhone if it comes to it.

bad pricing? oh dear, poor cmcmarkets! I thought that when a contract is made and won they simply paid out, I had no idea that as the client I must check that they gave "the right price" would that be a price whereby I lose I wonder! What about the dumped in to my account trade? with a contract I did not make at prices that bore no relation to the real market whatsoever! cool eh? Wish I could run a business like that - When is their licence re-newed ? I feel I must drop them a line!

It has to be inline with the underlying market price.

Peter,

Why is there no online facility for withdrawing funds from my Marketmaker account. Funds can be paid in online from my debit card but to withdraw funds its necessary to phone :( CMC and ask them to make a payment back to my debit card?

Peter,

Why is there no online facility for withdrawing funds from my Marketmaker account. Funds can be paid in online from my debit card but to withdraw funds its necessary to phone :( CMC and ask them to make a payment back to my debit card?

You could probably use "Live" help instead of phone.

Meanwhile, the chart trader facility still only works intermittently on my next gen (various XP/Vista/Win 7 computers). Anyone else find that they sometimes can't select and drag orders?

Meanwhile, the chart trader facility still only works intermittently on my next gen (various XP/Vista/Win 7 computers). Anyone else find that they sometimes can't select and drag orders?

Have not used it more than a few times on demo so i dont know

But make sure that you click on the trade icon (triangle) and highlight the trade and then move the lines

Maybe when the snow and ice is gone it reaches sweden and i can try it live ;)

Have not used it more than a few times on demo so i dont know

But make sure that you click on the trade icon (triangle) and highlight the trade and then move the lines

Maybe when the snow and ice is gone it reaches sweden and i can try it live ;)

That's the problem: sometimes clicking on the triangle just doesn't highlight it.

Hi Guys.
I cannot find the posting but couple of you guys were asking when are we going live with ipad version. Just released it ten minutes ago if you want to check it out.
regards Peter

Hi Peter iPad edition looks great, my one very minor thing would be to have half the screen as the chart half as the watch list and order etc can be brought up and dropped back down.

That just me well done to your team looking forward to giving it a go live tomorrow.

hi Mark
thanks for your very quick response to our ipad launch.
I will pass your comments onto the team but I agree you should be able to have bigger charts. I think we have some tabs coming so you can flip to bigger screen with charts and save them in your watch list etc.
this is just our first version so easy to keep upgrading it. we are having big launch tomorrow in frankfurt big trading fair there so will be nice to launch in germany. Uk is soft launch till next week.
thanks for your comments keep them coming.
regards peter
Hi Peter iPad edition looks great, my one very minor thing would be to have half the screen as the chart half as the watch list and order etc can be brought up and dropped back down.

That just me well done to your team looking forward to giving it a go live tomorrow.

Peter

on reflection I think having your orders up would be useful when your in a position I think my eye was on the watchlist as I didn't have any open positions and it was just a blank space.

For a first crack I think its a damn fine effort and with you adding (potentially) full screen charts it would look all the better - is it possible to add a default chart like in next gen so that you can set it to show RSI, 5 minute, 1 day when launched?

Hi mark,
You can save chart settings. Once you open your chart and add the tools you need do not close down the chart just flip to news or product information as required. if you close down charts before you log out then data is lost. we will be doing a lot of work on charts to add all the functionality that clients need. to be honest the work is simple and straight forward because we have integrated the charts into the desk top, iphone and ipad apps. problem is, is that we have hundreds of other things to do but we will try to get additional functionality out asap.

thanks for your compliments on the ipad version. I think it is awesome. I love next gen especially now you can see it working across ipad.

cheers peter
Peter

on reflection I think having your orders up would be useful when your in a position I think my eye was on the watchlist as I didn't have any open positions and it was just a blank space.

For a first crack I think its a damn fine effort and with you adding (potentially) full screen charts it would look all the better - is it possible to add a default chart like in next gen so that you can set it to show RSI, 5 minute, 1 day when launched?

Hi mark,
You can save chart settings. Once you open your chart and add the tools you need do not close down the chart just flip to news or product information as required. if you close down charts before you log out then data is lost. we will be doing a lot of work on charts to add all the functionality that clients need. to be honest the work is simple and straight forward because we have integrated the charts into the desk top, iphone and ipad apps. problem is, is that we have hundreds of other things to do but we will try to get additional functionality out asap.

thanks for your compliments on the ipad version. I think it is awesome. I love next gen especially now you can see it working across ipad.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/images/smilies/icon_surprised.gif
cheers peter

In the absence of a credit offer, how about a free iPad for new customers?

Status
Not open for further replies.