Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What specifically is the problem with Next Gen? It looks pretty swish imho (would like to see the full product range and comms rather than a spread on cfd also price depth :)) but on the whole charting is really interactive and quick - shortly to have an ipad edition what more do you want??

Just my thoughts anyway

What specifically is the problem with Next Gen? It looks pretty swish imho (would like to see the full product range and comms rather than a spread on cfd also price depth :)) but on the whole charting is really interactive and quick - shortly to have an ipad edition what more do you want??

Just my thoughts anyway

if you go through this thread u will c what we want from next gen .

What specifically is the problem with Next Gen? It looks pretty swish imho (would like to see the full product range and comms rather than a spread on cfd also price depth :)) but on the whole charting is really interactive and quick - shortly to have an ipad edition

what more do you want??

Ah...you haven't heard about Next Next Gen have you?..It travels back in time..picks the lottery numbers too, you do nothing except pick a profit limit and watch as your account grows exponentially, best not to be too greedy though, otherwise it'll crash the markets..

But in test mode Ross didn't like the colour scheme, Sally the farmer could find her lost trade in the hay, and Sir Lanceloser didn't like the constant e-mails telling him he'd exceeded his account limit and needed to transfer out his winnings. CMC are now debating whether or not to go with it.. :D

lol - Peter may be a cheeky question but do you have a link to the MM download software? I reformatted and lost it ;)

See your putting the prices up too :)

Wow, I see your going to put up your margins big time, e.g gold from 1% to 3%, silver from 1% to 8%, wheat from 3% to 10%! Why is this? I've been with you for quite a few years but do you just want me to go to IG Index?

plus side to the higher margin though is overnights will be cheaper and encourages better risk management for newcomers to CFD/SB which I think is what CMC want.

Mate of mine has started spreadbetting simply because the platform is easy to understand like betfair. He has no interest in finance he sees it as a pick up put down thing and when I showed him my IG account he said it looked to 'financial & detailed' different horses for different courses. IG I think wins hands down if you want a platform that enables a medium/fairly experienced trader who explores fundamentals/earnings/world events to access the market (DMA, L2) CMC I think are going for the betfair/something to do on your lunch hour crowd.

Hi Ross, would like to be Lance will want a raise as well so best keep it
where it is for the moment. Still at least you have the best job satisfaction rating out there with next gen. in fact you should be paying be for that previlige
:cheesy:
pc
Glad to help. It's about time you raised my salary.:)

Dear Black swan ,

I love your comments but I think you are on the wrong thread. You need to go where life is reasonable, that people have reasonable expectations and the level of posts reflects the real world. many thanks for your posts hope our paths cross again in the future. In the meantime i will carry on here on this thread. :)
regards Peter
Ah...you haven't heard about Next Next Gen have you?..It travels back in time..picks the lottery numbers too, you do nothing except pick a profit limit and watch as your account grows exponentially, best not to be too greedy though, otherwise it'll crash the markets..

But in test mode Ross didn't like the colour scheme, Sally the farmer could find her lost trade in the hay, and Sir Lanceloser didn't like the constant e-mails telling him he'd exceeded his account limit and needed to transfer out his winnings. CMC are now debating whether or not to go with it.. :D

Hi mark,
Thanks for your positive feed back. Next gen has to stack up on numbers not on what you and I think of it and what others think of it.
The numbers are awesome. The vote is that clients like it based on take up and to be honest I think our competitors know this. big time.

thanks Peter
#

Just my thoughts anyway

plus side to the higher margin though is overnights will be cheaper and encourages better risk management for newcomers to CFD/SB which I think is what CMC want.

Mate of mine has started spreadbetting simply because the platform is easy to understand like betfair. He has no interest in finance he sees it as a pick up put down thing and when I showed him my IG account he said it looked to 'financial & detailed' different horses for different courses. IG I think wins hands down if you want a platform that enables a medium/fairly experienced trader who explores fundamentals/earnings/world events to access the market (DMA, L2) CMC I think are going for the betfair/something to do on your lunch hour crowd.

Cheers Mark, you've put things in perspective for me

wITH NEXT GEN, DO YOU STILL HAVE THE OPTION AS CMCMARKETS TO RE-ORGANISE PRICES ALREADY GIVEN TO YOUR CLIENT IE: CONTRACT ESTABLISHED THAT TURN OUT NOT TO GO IN YOUR FAVOUR PROFIT WISE?

But in test mode Ross didn't like the colour scheme

There's plenty I don't like apart from the colour scheme. AN Other SB has black background charts, but they're still clearer than next gen's. Actually, I'd probably give CMC another go if the direct from chart trading feature worked reliably.

with next gen, do you still have the option as cmcmarkets to re-organise prices already given to your client ie: Contract established that turn out not to go in your favour profit wise?

they can all do that if there's been a 'manifest error'.

Thanks Ross and very soon you will be able to do all that from the ipad. days away now.
pc

There's plenty I don't like apart from the colour scheme. AN Other SB has black background charts, but they're still clearer than next gen's. Actually, I'd probably give CMC another go if the direct from chart trading feature worked reliably.

Thanks Ross and very soon you will be able to do all that from the ipad. days away now.
pc
Hi PC,

My main SB provider has a mobile platform and I installed it but I found I do not use it at all. And it is not a lack of features. I just do not need it. Therefore the question is how important do you think for traders to have ability to trade from ipad or other mobile devices? Is it just gimmick?

Thanks,

6am

Last edited:
pc

Being a bit backward, I don't have an i-anything. Trying to trade using one tiny screen is asking for trouble.

btw, any ideas why the chart trader doesn't always work (the order line won't 'select' and can't be dragged)?

Status
Not open for further replies.