Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi lance
welcome back. Glad you took a few days off but probably you didnt take enough days off. you still seem to be coming up with the same old things.
Still I suppose you and Ross have to support each other being in the minority.

pc

Thanks, I think I took too many days :LOL:.
I and Ross agree that you've done a great job at CMC and instead of providing the same trading platform as everybody else you decided to beat your competition by introducing a new, supposedly more advanced platform. I do think it was a great idea to grow through innovation and better service (really surprised to hear some negative feedback about your customer service though).

We're saying that it was a good endeavour but you got the basics wrong on your platform, you built what YOU liked, not people who trade with you. It's your business and you will deal with the consequences, whereas we, members of T2W, exress our own opinions and judgements about next gen.

I think I'm desperate to trade with CMC and hope you'll improve next gen :cheesy:

We're saying that it was a good endeavour but you got the basics wrong on your platform, you built what YOU liked, not people who trade with you. It's your business and you will deal with the consequences, whereas we, members of T2W, exress our own opinions and judgements about next gen.

Agree , i dont know why its called next gen , if this platform is "next gen" then what Fxcm's and IG's should be called ? miracles ?

Agree , i dont know why its called next gen , if this platform is "next gen" then what Fxcm's and IG's should be called ? miracles ?

Someone else suggested it should be called DeGen, but that's unfair because no doubt CMC put a lot of effort into it. IMO the problem is that they didn't understand the basic needs of clients, and also released the live version far too soon.

Hi Andy
Thanks for your feed back.
No plans for live squawk but it is good idea but want to get as many client features out there as possible so this would be a bit of time off for the moment.

thanks peter

Hi Peter,

I switched on my TV this morning and saw you in your front row seat at the Royal wedding. You are so lucky!

I hope you had a great time.

Andy.

I've had a CFD account with CMC for about a year now and I choose CMC as a broker because I liked the look of MarketMaker and especially because the software could be downloaded and installed rather than having to use a web browser.

I've tried the next gen CFD Tracker demo and it does look sleek but it does not yet seem to be an overall improvement over MarketMaker. With next gen I did not see any option for placing an audible alert when a price is hit. Also right clicking on a chart just brings up the flash player settings which seems to have no practical use, surely a better use would be something trading related such as setting an alert, quick access to drawing a line on a chart, bringing up another chart for a different time frame etc. I get the impression that next gen CFD is not yet mature as a product and has been rushed for release.

As has been pointed out by others MarketMaker charts can be distributed over multiple monitors but that isn't possible with the next gen charts.

Order execution of next gen is supposedly better than with MarketMaker. I've not traded live with next gen but I can say that with MarketMaker order execution is at times dismal. Yesterday a limit order to buy 200 shares of the US stock CLF failed to execute even though price dipped below the limit price a couple of times - eventually I cancelled the limit order and placed a market order successully. Also stop loss orders with MarketMaker often fail to be placed. As a result I generally rely on market orders only.

Dispite the difficulties with MarketMaker I still intend to use it as the better chart layouts outweigh the order execution problems. Before trading live with next gen CFD I'll wait until its improved enough for the charts to be neatly placed over several monitors.

Perhaps a good option in the interim would be to use MarketMaker for its convenience in viewing multple charts but use next gen CFD for order execution. I've not tried that as I don't want to have to fund a seperate account for next gen CFD.

Questions for PC: is it possible to have a single CFD account with CMC for use with MarketMaker and also with next gen CFD, perhaps subject to the restriction that open positions were only allowed for one or the other. Also a suggestion is to retain MarketMaker as a source of real time charting even if the order execution side is eventually disabled.

I'm curious to know what other people who trade with multiple monitors think of the next gen CFD charts. The stereotype trader is one who has a bank of monitors but the next gen trading platforms from CMC seem to go against the grain, providing just one display with one clear chart. It makes me wonder what type of potential customer is being targeted - probably not professional traders. Maybe the targets are those who trade surreptitiously from an iphone while at work :LOL:.

Last edited:
Hi Peter,

I switched on my TV this morning and saw you in your front row seat at the Royal wedding. You are so lucky!

Andy.

What a slacker. Let's hope he doesn't miss any important questions on this thread.

As long as MM isn't disabled before all the products are migrated :)

Peter does the demo start locking out instruments after a certain time? I was tracking ARM on demo but now it shows as 'only available in live'

Mysteron I personally use esignal/CMC/news

stocks are only available on live system not on demo.
you can play currencies and commodities and indices on demo system
tks pc

As long as MM isn't disabled before all the products are migrated :)

Peter does the demo start locking out instruments after a certain time? I was tracking ARM on demo but now it shows as 'only available in live'

Mysteron I personally use esignal/CMC/news

Hi Andy,

yes you are right I was right there. it was awesome day. loved it and the wife got a chance to buy new outfit. not quite sure why I was at the front something about putting all the good looking people in front of the cameras for the t.v audience ha ha :LOL:

tks pc

Hi Peter,

Andy.

Hi Ross.
#
Dont worry I was still able to monitor the markets from next gen iphone so was on top of things. Works very well in the Abbey. It was an awesome day. cannot believe the wife and I were so close to the royal couple and other royals. even the Prime Minister said hi to me. seems only you and lance dont like me ha ha. But dont worry I have powerful friends. ha ha

pc

PHP:

pc
Hi Andy,

yes you are right I was right there. it was awesome day. loved it and the wife got a chance to buy new outfit. not quite sure why I was at the front something about putting all the good looking people in front of the cameras for the t.v audience ha ha :LOL:

tks pc

Hi Lance
Have you been some where you sound like the voice of reason, a spokesman for the common man. Where it falls down is that you just do not listen. You are welcome to your opinion but the stats prove the complete opposite to what you are saying. Still listening probably never was one of your strong points.

keep on banging away with the say old points if it makes you happy. I go on stats not words. If I went on words I would be out of business very quickly. 22 years later I am still here. We are giving clients what they want (generally) and a three hundred percent increase in business in less than one year on new technology has some kind of story to tell dont you think. Think you need to move onto another thread. maybe your current broker will have a thread and you can stay on that all day and tell them how wonderful they are.

pc

Thanks, I think I took too many days :LOL:.
I and Ross agree that you've done a great job at CMC and instead of providing the same trading platform as everybody else you decided to beat your competition by introducing a new, supposedly more advanced platform. I do think it was a great idea to grow through innovation and better service (really surprised to hear some negative feedback about your customer service though).

I think I'm desperate to trade with CMC and hope you'll improve next gen :cheesy:

Hi Ross.
#
Dont worry I was still able to monitor the markets from next gen iphone so was on top of things. Works very well in the Abbey. It was an awesome day. cannot believe the wife and I were so close to the royal couple and other royals. even the Prime Minister said hi to me. seems only you and lance dont like me ha ha. But dont worry I have powerful friends. ha ha

pc

PHP:

pc

Yeah but wait 'til they see you in your Speedos after you take the toupee off..:eek: then you'll be off the guest list, the police will have you under section 60 ;)

Hi Mysteron,

You have to open new account for next gen trackers as they are different to market maker cfds.

Charting updates happening all the time. we will have multiple screens soon.
thanks Peter

I've had a CFD account with CMC for about a year now and I choose CMC as a broker because I liked the look of MarketMaker and especially because the software could be downloaded and installed rather than having to use a web browser.

I've tried the next gen CFD Tracker demo and it does look sleek but it does not yet seem to be an overall improvement over MarketMaker. With next gen I did not see any option for placing an audible alert when a price is hit. Also right clicking on a chart just brings up the flash player settings which seems to have no practical use, surely a better use would be something trading related such as setting an alert, quick access to drawing a line on a chart, bringing up another chart for a different time frame etc. I get the impression that next gen CFD is not yet mature as a product and has been rushed for release.

As has been pointed out by others MarketMaker charts can be distributed over multiple monitors but that isn't possible with the next gen charts.

Order execution of next gen is supposedly better than with MarketMaker. I've not traded live with next gen but I can say that with MarketMaker order execution is at times dismal. Yesterday a limit order to buy 200 shares of the US stock CLF failed to execute even though price dipped below the limit price a couple of times - eventually I cancelled the limit order and placed a market order successully. Also stop loss orders with MarketMaker often fail to be placed. As a result I generally rely on market orders only.

Dispite the difficulties with MarketMaker I still intend to use it as the better chart layouts outweigh the order execution problems. Before trading live with next gen CFD I'll wait until its improved enough for the charts to be neatly placed over several monitors.

Perhaps a good option in the interim would be to use MarketMaker for its convenience in viewing multple charts but use next gen CFD for order execution. I've not tried that as I don't want to have to fund a seperate account for next gen CFD.

Questions for PC: is it possible to have a single CFD account with CMC for use with MarketMaker and also with next gen CFD, perhaps subject to the restriction that open positions were only allowed for one or the other. Also a suggestion is to retain MarketMaker as a source of real time charting even if the order execution side is eventually disabled.

I'm curious to know what other people who trade with multiple monitors think of the next gen CFD charts. The stereotype trader is one who has a bank of monitors but the next gen trading platforms from CMC seem to go against the grain, providing just one display with one clear chart. It makes me wonder what type of potential customer is being targeted - probably not professional traders. Maybe the targets are those who trade surreptitiously from an iphone while at work :LOL:.

ha ha nice one black swan. I didnt have the toupee on today just gave the head a good polish and trimmed the eye brows. amazing how you look after that ha ha

pc

Yeah but wait 'til the see you in your Speedos after you take the toupee off..:eek: then you'll be off the guest list, the police will have you under section 60 ;)

Sounds like you had a lovely day Peter.

Has William switched over to next gen yet or is he still plodding away with market maker? :)

hi Tim
was truly a magical day, a day that the wife and I will never forget.
we were there from 08.30 am in the morning, in our seats and just watched the whole thing from the front row.

loved it

cheers pc

Sounds like you had a lovely day Peter.

Has William switched over to next gen yet or is he still plodding away with market maker? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.