Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Greg,

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to post your views. I would like to respond to your points.
Many thanks for your compliments on market maker. But it is getting old and we needed to replace it at some stage and I think next generation technology is far superior and will be possible for us to keep improving our services going forwards.

Next gen. software allows clients to place margin stop losses automatically, adjust financing with our variable financing tool, create baskets and create fractional ownership of different asset types. In addition our daily cash products allow you to keep positions open indefinitely. You can check your daily finance charges in the back office window on a daily basis.

automated execution, precision pricing, charts in deal tickets for placing stops and profit takes, improved charting are just some of the new features we have added. there is a lot more to come. ipad coming within....

Good luck with your new account. I hope you are successful with your trading and if you ever want to come back to us the door is always open.

regards peter

Dear Peter,

thought I'd bid you a fond farewell and let you know why, after several years with MarketMaker, I'm off to IG.

I like MarketMaker a lot and have found both it and your HelpDesk to be highly professional. I've made a reasonable amount of money and I'm sorry to go but here are the reasons:

1. Reduced number of futures: spot bets and daily roll-overs are fine for short-term trades but I often hang on for months and I want to be able to model the financing costs. I can do this with futures bets but I have no way of guessing the overnight costs for spot bets. For this reason, I've been opening new futures bets on IG as my CMC bets get stopped out.

2. Closure of MarketMaker Web. I had six bets left on CMC (go Silver!) and was going to let them run their course but the closure of the web platform without an Android alternative means I can't keep an eye on them during the day. It's time for me to pack up and go.

I hope my trades have been profitable for you, too, but I can't help thinking that you prefer excitable day traders with their trendy iPhones. I don't think you really want boring long-term traders like me.

It's been fun, though. And rather scary. Thanks,

Greg

Dear Greg,

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to post your views. I would like to respond to your points.
Many thanks for your compliments on market maker. But it is getting old and we needed to replace it at some stage and I think next generation technology is far superior and will be possible for us to keep improving our services going forwards.

Next gen. software allows clients to place margin stop losses automatically, adjust financing with our variable financing tool, create baskets and create fractional ownership of different asset types. In addition our daily cash products allow you to keep positions open indefinitely. You can check your daily finance charges in the back office window on a daily basis.

automated execution, precision pricing, charts in deal tickets for placing stops and profit takes, improved charting are just some of the new features we have added. there is a lot more to come. ipad coming within....

Good luck with your new account. I hope you are successful with your trading and if you ever want to come back to us the door is always open.

regards peter

Peter, you are going to loose customers if MarketMaker is phased out before the next gen CFD is greatly improved - its not the holy grail that you keep saying it is.

I won't contemplate using next gen as it isn't possible to view multiple charts per screen without them overlapping, and only using one screen too - those two points make next gen CFD unusable for me.

Peter, will you put a plan in place to improve the charts on next gen CFD so that charts can be resized to fit on a screen - at least 4 non-overlapping charts is the minimum per screen, and also allow charts to be 'undocked' from the web application and dragged onto other monitors?

Hi,

I'm using CMC markets through an IB - Tradeville Romania (you might know it as Vanguard, it changed name last year).

I use MarketMaker on desktop (the IB branded version), and CMC markets Flex application on my Android phone - works perfectly (https://uk.cfd.cmcmarkets.com/cfd/home).

One question. Is it possible to get a login for my current live account for your new generation software? If yes, how, and can I keep using the old MarketMaker app?

Thanks,

hi gigikent

Thanks for your comments. Not yet ready to extend next generation to partner clients. But this will happen over coming months. The plan is to replace market maker with next generation right through the business.
Thanks for your comments. regards peter

Hi,

I'm using CMC markets through an IB - Tradeville Romania (you might know it as Vanguard, it changed name last year).

I use MarketMaker on desktop (the IB branded version), and CMC markets Flex application on my Android phone - works perfectly (https://uk.cfd.cmcmarkets.com/cfd/home).

One question. Is it possible to get a login for my current live account for your new generation software? If yes, how, and can I keep using the old MarketMaker app?

Thanks,

Hi Xec10

Thanks for your post. We already have a plan to create tabs so you can have multiple charts without over lap. Just not sure when we will have that but it is something we have on the agenda. I suspect it will be a couple of months.

Appreciate your comments about phasing out market maker but I can only go on numbers and stats and next gen is extremely successful and will replace market maker in time with a bigger client base. it is growing. Just give us time and I am sure you will grow to love it.

tks peter

Peter, you are going to loose customers if MarketMaker is phased out before the next gen CFD is greatly improved - its not the holy grail that you keep saying it is.

I won't contemplate using next gen as it isn't possible to view multiple charts per screen without them overlapping, and only using one screen too - those two points make next gen CFD unusable for me.

Peter, will you put a plan in place to improve the charts on next gen CFD so that charts can be resized to fit on a screen - at least 4 non-overlapping charts is the minimum per screen, and also allow charts to be 'undocked' from the web application and dragged onto other monitors?

Next gen. software allows clients to create baskets and create fractional ownership of different asset types.
OK, I created a basket. How do I actually buy or sell it? I could not find a button to buy/sell performance of my basket. Is it possible to do that?

Call me old-fashioned, but I reckon CMC should sort out the basics of the platform before bothering about features that few people will use.

Hi 6am

The baskets are only for mixing products at the moment. the execution of the basket portfolio is being worked on as we speak and will be released in next four weeks or so. for now it is for monitoring a portfolio but soon you will be able to execute on the products as a weighted basket.

glad you are using the demo platform to understand the technology

thanks Peter

OK, I created a basket. How do I actually buy or sell it? I could not find a button to buy/sell performance of my basket. Is it possible to do that?

okay then.
YOU ARE OLD FASHIONED....

basic features are sorted out that is why we are seeing 300 percent increase in business.

but hey why let the facts get in the way of a good post....:LOL:

pc

Call me old-fashioned, but I reckon CMC should sort out the basics of the platform before bothering about features that few people will use.

The baskets are only for mixing products at the moment. the execution of the basket portfolio is being worked on as we speak and will be released in next four weeks or so.
Thank you for your answer. I believe it will be a unique feature when implemented.

okay then.
YOU ARE OLD FASHIONED....

basic features are sorted out that is why we are seeing 300 percent increase in business.

but hey why let the facts get in the way of a good post....:LOL:

pc

Thanks, PC, but you have to listen to those of us who have computers made out of Bakelite and i-Pods that play 78s. I can't repeat myself again because Black Swan will call me autistic, but how about putting it to a poll?

So, are there any other BOFs here who don't like next gen's basic functionality and look, and haven't opened an account for that reason?

Hi 6am.
I agree it will also allow you to build a portfolio by amount rather than products. so you can select say £5000 and buy as many products as you like. each will be weighted evenly and total amount will not exceed £5k for the portfolio. This will also give you fractional ownership of each product. so if you select five products you will get £1000 of each product which might equate to say 571.43 shares in vodafone as opposed to a round amount of shares. you manage your basket by amounts not round amounts of assets.

also as you know you can re weight the products within the basket. it is new concept for clients and I think will ultimately prove more efficient than etfs.....

tks pc

Thank you for your answer. I believe it will be a unique feature when implemented.

Hi Ross. There is already a poll and it is called live clients and demo clients
and you are in the minority. I am listening to you but you are not listening to me. Sure there are some clients that do not like next gen but there are many more that do. I am not an idealist, I am businessman and I have to go on facts and figures and the numbers are awesome as far as I am concerned and every penny spent on next gen has been worth it, based on the numbers.

so you have your poll. I think you should give up on knocking next gen, work with another firm and enjoy them and let us get on with trying to improve the industry and technology. next gen is a success whether you like it or not.

tks pc

Thanks, PC, but you have to listen to those of us who have computers made out of Bakelite and i-Pods that play 78s. I can't repeat myself again because Black Swan will call me autistic, but how about putting it to a poll?

So, are there any other BOFs here who don't like next gen's basic functionality and look, and haven't opened an account for that reason?

Hi Ross. There is already a poll and it is called live clients and demo clients
and you are in the minority. I am listening to you but you are not listening to me. Sure there are some clients that do not like next gen but there are many more that do. I am not an idealist, I am businessman and I have to go on facts and figures and the numbers are awesome as far as I am concerned and every penny spent on next gen has been worth it, based on the numbers.

so you have your poll. I think you should give up on knocking next gen, work with another firm and enjoy them and let us get on with trying to improve the industry and technology. next gen is a success whether you like it or not.

tks pc

Yeah, Ross, Peter told us many times that members of T2W are minority and all the people who like next gen stay away from it.... LOL.
It is no surprise that CMC see some rise in revenue as they run a massive advertising campaign... their ads are everywhere.

Hi Peter

Done a few weeks on UK demo and got to say I prefer some features of next gen to MM however I would like to see all of the products migrated from MM to NG:CFD especially high street names like game (gmg) also though rolling prices is nice for dipping your toe price diffrences exist on commodities strike dates for a reason (for me watching for buying intent etc or expectation of rises 3 months in the future) Perhaps its possible to have a choice? Would also like to see the possibility of using multi monitor full screen charts and full screen watchlists/portfolios would be great - also where did price depth go?

I think you can just expand the platform across two monitors, but agree that there are plenty of things not to like about next gen. Having said that, I didn't like MM either.

I do find it rather amusing that you seem to be on this thread as much as PC but don't actually trade with CMC :cheesy:

You have earned your brokerage analysis badge ;)

I do find it rather amusing that you seem to be on this thread as much as PC but don't actually trade with CMC

How do you know that? Actually, I've had a CMC account for about six or seven years. The basic idea of next gen sounded very promising, but it's so far failed to live up to expectations.

Hi lance
welcome back. Glad you took a few days off but probably you didnt take enough days off. you still seem to be coming up with the same old things.
Still I suppose you and Ross have to support each other being in the minority.

pc

Yeah, Ross, Peter told us many times that members of T2W are minority and all the people who like next gen stay away from it.... LOL.
It is no surprise that CMC see some rise in revenue as they run a massive advertising campaign... their ads are everywhere.

Hi Ross.
Clearly you didnt pay attention to the poll you commissioned. see my previous thread about success of next gen. still I suppose you only see what you want to see.

have a nice evening
peter

How do you know that? Actually, I've had a CMC account for about six or seven years. The basic idea of next gen sounded very promising, but it's so far failed to live up to expectations.

Hi Mark,

Will build up next gen product range shortly. not possible to have price depth on next gen spread bet. Price depth on cfds is something we might release but most products eg forex, cash commodities do not offer price depth but lets see about others
tks pc

Hi Peter

Done a few weeks on UK demo and got to say I prefer some features of next gen to MM however I would like to see all of the products migrated from MM to NG:CFD especially high street names like game (gmg) also though rolling prices is nice for dipping your toe price diffrences exist on commodities strike dates for a reason (for me watching for buying intent etc or expectation of rises 3 months in the future) Perhaps its possible to have a choice? Would also like to see the possibility of using multi monitor full screen charts and full screen watchlists/portfolios would be great - also where did price depth go?

Status
Not open for further replies.