Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Andy
Just spoke to Elmira I think she already emailed you this morning to sort thing out. I am sure you will be up and running soon.

thanks Peter

Hi Peter,

It did take a long time to get my live next gen account opened, and I had to supply a load of documents for compliance, but I'm now up and running and have placed a few trades.

So far I like the performance of the platform, it's everything that you promised in terms of execution, which is impressive especially around the news. OK there is an amount of slippage, but it's an acceptable amount so far, and a guaranteed fill is such a rare sight to see these days on a spreadbetting platform, that alone is worth me sticking with CMC this time.

Keep up the great work and constant improvements!

One question: Are there any plans to add a real time "squawk" news functions to the platform? That would be another first for a spreads platform.

Regards,
Andy.

Hi Andy
Thanks for your feed back.
No plans for live squawk but it is good idea but want to get as many client features out there as possible so this would be a bit of time off for the moment.

thanks peter

Hi Peter,

It did take a long time to get my live next gen account opened, and I had to supply a load of documents for compliance, but I'm now up and running and have placed a few trades.

So far I like the performance of the platform, it's everything that you promised in terms of execution, which is impressive especially around the news. OK there is an amount of slippage, but it's an acceptable amount so far, and a guaranteed fill is such a rare sight to see these days on a spreadbetting platform, that alone is worth me sticking with CMC this time.

Keep up the great work and constant improvements!

One question: Are there any plans to add a real time "squawk" news functions to the platform? That would be another first for a spreads platform.

Regards,
Andy.

hi mark
oh so very near now. I would say it will be weeks not months and I would say less than five weeks. almost ready to submit it to apple for approval. it is awesome

tks peter

QUOTE=Mark212312;1520396]So Peter when we getting to play with the iPad edition?[/QUOTE]

Hi pms
I have been away for a couple of days. have been tom and dick. I will look into this but is it okay now. nothing personal I promise

pc

Hey Peter,

i was satisfied with my new live account so far. I like the new platform.

But one hour ago you raised the spread for Ger30 from 1.3 to 1.6 (close of trading). No problem wih me, BUT: the spread chart still shows a constant spread of 1.3.

It gives me the feeling that im the only one who has to deal with a higher spread!

If you have a good explanation for this ill be satisfied again ;)

hi lance
sorry to late reply but all your messages go to my junk mail folder lol :cheesy:
pc
Hey Peter,
I remember you mentioning that if I go for a demo account I won't get junk mail from CMC Markets.

Could you please clarify why you use my e-mail address to inform me of the latest developments at CMC??? So much for a promise... LOL.

Good thing for me is that CMC mail goes directly to junk folder from now on... Ha ha.

ok Lance you win, I should know better than try to be smart with a seasoned campaigner like you.
We send you CMC Markets information updates like the release of our new next gen platform. However, I think in your case it is waste of time sending you anything about CMC Markets. Still it gives you an incentive to delete your junk folder now and again

pc

Hmmm, so I guess all the promises on the thread about great platform and customer service are true as 'We won't use your e-mail address'? :cheesy::clap:

ok Lance you win, I should know better than try to be smart with a seasoned campaigner like you.
We send you CMC Markets information updates like the release of our new next gen platform. However, I think in your case it is waste of time sending you anything about CMC Markets. Still it gives you an incentive to delete your junk folder now and again

pc

Just realised that you had 'unsubscribe' option... fingers crossed it works.
If you do know that you send that information then why tell people in this thread that you don't???

Hi lance
I thought you were finished with CMC on this post. Seems to me you spend your days looking at ways to be negative about us. As a company we are trying constantly to keep developing the spread bet/cfd industry. We are launching new technology, new products, new tools, new charting, ipad, iphones etc. We are constantly trying to improve what we do and set a high target for the industry.
I really prefer to answer constructive posts even if they are critical of what we are doing, in terms of technology etc. You just seem to me looking for a wind up and to be negative about us despite the fact that we are trying to do so much for the industry and clients.
Why don't you have a few days off, it's Easter, have a couple of beers and relax. who knows you might come back next week with some thing positive to say. But don't worry I wont hold my breath.

Peter

If you do know that you send that information then why tell people in this thread that you don't???

So, as a demo account holder you've received perhaps one or two e-mails over the past couple of months bringing you up to speed with new developments from CMC and you can't 'cope' with that and thought you'd make a point..What is the point exactly? Are you Victor Meldrew, do you chase the postman down Acacia Avenue with the junk mail from Dominos Pizza and write a letter of complaint to the ombudsman?

Here's a thing, it is incumbent for traders to keep themselves up to speed with any developments in the industry they work in. If their intellectual curiosity doesn't extend to receiving a few e-mails a month, from all the firms they engage with, then they're not fully engaged with the industry.

Suppose fxcm, cmc, rbs, ig, etx, alpari, deutsche, dukas, one of the CS new white lables suddenly decide to give you 200 quid with absolutely no strings attached, you don't have to match it, use it over a short period of time, it's just free..would you Victor refuse it on principle?

One more thing, I receive/d a morning and afternoon newsletter from Dukas, suddenly noticed the two sentiment indices on it, valuable tools that indicates supplier and consumer sentiment for FX, now used for the past 18 months or so. All from an e-mail.

hi Black swan
of course I agree. I suppose we cannot win. if we ignore our clients (demo or live) we get criticised and if we contact them we get criticised (well by lance anyway)
Anyway hopefully he has taken my advice and taken a couple of days off to chill.

have a good break

regards Peter

So, as a demo account holder you've received perhaps one or two e-mails over the past couple of months bringing you up to speed with new developments from CMC and you can't 'cope' with that and thought you'd make a point..What is the point exactly? Are you Victor Meldrew, do you chase the postman down Acacia Avenue with the junk mail from Dominos Pizza and write a letter of complaint to the ombudsman?

Here's a thing, it is incumbent for traders to keep themselves up to speed with any developments in the industry they work in. If their intellectual curiosity doesn't extend to receiving a few e-mails a month, from all the firms they engage with, then they're not fully engaged with the industry.

Suppose fxcm, cmc, rbs, ig, etx, alpari, deutsche, dukas, one of the CS new white lables suddenly decide to give you 200 quid with absolutely no strings attached, you don't have to match it, use it over a short period of time, it's just free..would you Victor refuse it on principle?

One more thing, I receive/d a morning and afternoon newsletter from Dukas, suddenly noticed the two sentiment indices on it, valuable tools that indicates supplier and consumer sentiment for FX, now used for the past 18 months or so. All from an e-mail.

hi Black swan
of course I agree. I suppose we cannot win. if we ignore our clients (demo or live) we get criticised and if we contact them we get criticised (well by lance anyway)
Anyway hopefully he has taken my advice and taken a couple of days off to chill.

have a good break

regards Peter

Yes, I'm appalled that I've only beem contacted twice in several years by CMC to ask why I haven't been using my account.

hi Peter.

Calling from France.

Recently, you launched your business activity in France (congrats) and opened an office in "champs élysées Paris" (good place mate !)

I intend to open an account (not so big at first) to test your potentiality (compared to Ig markets france).

Allow me to ask questions that french support was unable to answer :

Since 01 February 2011, AMF (french regulation body) allows short selling on financial shares, any update on french platform to align with other local brokers? or do you follow exclusively US/UK rules ?

1) On the french site i don't find the no-short-selling list of your products, I would appreciate if you could provide me a link , on the UK one (?).

2) what's happening for CFDholder with a stock split operation ? and in term of dividend ?

best regards.

btw : i really appreciate the fact that a CEO comes down from his perch to clarify certain points, it's a rare behavior.

Last edited:
Bonjour Mon ami

comment ca va.... J'espere que tous va bien. Okay thats it for now. Although I do speak french a bit.....

Thanks for your post. I really enjoyed opening our Paris office, lovely location and very good team there, hard working. They do not have next gen yet they are working with market maker Next gen will come there over next two or three months. We just launched in UK next gen cfds.

Your questions I will need to refer to compliance sorry about that but really I do not know the answers but I will find out. All closed down in London now until Tuesday so it will have to be on Tuesday.

Have a great Easter. Murkey Bucket Peter. :D:cheesy:
hi Peter.

Calling from France.

Recently, you launched your business activity in France (congrats) and opened an office in "champs élysées Paris" (good place mate !)

I intend to open an account (not so big at first) to test your potentiality (compared to Ig markets france).

Since 01 February 2011, AMF (french regulation body) allows short selling on financial shares, any update on french platform to align with other local brokers? or do you follow exclusively US/UK rules ?

1) On the french site i don't find the no-short-selling list of your products, I would appreciate if you could provide me a link , on the UK one (?).

2) what's happening for CFDholder with a stock split operation ? and in term of dividend ?

best regards.

btw : i really appreciate the fact that a CEO comes down from his perch to clarify certain points, it's a rare behavior.

Hi,

Just curious as to why you stopped deal 4 free and the no commission trading. I used to think it was great.

Was it because it was too easy for traders to make money ? I remember other brokers making negative comments about the spreads but I never found your spreads any different from the actual market price. I understand they were just trying to talk other traders out of it........you didn't fall for it by any chance ?

That was a great service.

Hi Mr Gates.

We branded our entry into cfds (1999) as deal4free which was extremely successful, in fact the most successful product campaign we ever did. The company's name was CMC Group Plc so there was never a company name change.

We just got bigger and the market just broadened into more and more products and clients demanded a much broader service so we just incorporated cfds as part of the company product offering. The same way we did when we launched on-line spread betting (2001) On the back of our entry into cfds we went global with over 20 offices around the world.

we started life as forex company, launched internet trading, added cfds and spread bet and now we have next gen trackers with all the new functionality.

we just keep innovating and moving on. have been doing it for 22 years and will continue to do so.

thanks Peter

Hi,

Just curious as to why you stopped deal 4 free and the no commission trading. I used to think it was great.

Was it because it was too easy for traders to make money ? I remember other brokers making negative comments about the spreads but I never found your spreads any different from the actual market price. I understand they were just trying to talk other traders out of it........you didn't fall for it by any chance ?

That was a great service.

Hi Duxis
Here with reply

Our restrictions on short selling reflect regulatory considerations both in the UK and locally (France), depending on the instrument in question, and additional factors surrounding instrument availability.

Unfortunately, we are not able to publish the restricted list publically on our site due the (potential) frequent changes involved to keep the list up to date. However, our clients are alerted to instruments that are restricted.

In the case of a stock split, the price and number of CFDs will change depending on the terms of the stock split, the economic value of the position however, will not change. With regards to dividends, the client account is adjusted in his favour or not depending if the client is long or short. Rate of dividends depends of country and tax criteria (for example: France: 100% for short position and 85% for long position, UK: 90% for short and long position. Rates can change)

For further details, do not hesitate to contact CMC Markets Paris Team.
hope that helps pc
hi Peter.

Calling from France.

best regards.

Thanks for your answer , i see more clearly now, you win a free drink.

In front of this lack of information, I heard from the french team they will update the "
terms of use".
After all, YOU owe me a free drink !

Hi Duxis
Here with reply

In the case of a stock split, the price and number of CFDs will change depending on the terms of the stock split, the economic value of the position however, will not change. With regards to dividends, the client account is adjusted in his favour or not depending if the client is long or short. Rate of dividends depends of country and tax criteria (for example: France: 100% for short position and 85% for long position, UK: 90% for short and long position. Rates can change)

For further details, do not hesitate to contact CMC Markets Paris Team.
hope that helps pc

Dear Peter,

thought I'd bid you a fond farewell and let you know why, after several years with MarketMaker, I'm off to IG.

I like MarketMaker a lot and have found both it and your HelpDesk to be highly professional. I've made a reasonable amount of money and I'm sorry to go but here are the reasons:

1. Reduced number of futures: spot bets and daily roll-overs are fine for short-term trades but I often hang on for months and I want to be able to model the financing costs. I can do this with futures bets but I have no way of guessing the overnight costs for spot bets. For this reason, I've been opening new futures bets on IG as my CMC bets get stopped out.

2. Closure of MarketMaker Web. I had six bets left on CMC (go Silver!) and was going to let them run their course but the closure of the web platform without an Android alternative means I can't keep an eye on them during the day. It's time for me to pack up and go.

I hope my trades have been profitable for you, too, but I can't help thinking that you prefer excitable day traders with their trendy iPhones. I don't think you really want boring long-term traders like me.

It's been fun, though. And rather scary. Thanks,

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.