Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tar,
You are correct. Trackers are cfds and we launched them on next gen platform. they are different from normal cfds in that you can trade high leverage or low leverage by choosing the leverage you want. but trackers are the product (CFD)
tks pc

OK, thanks. I received a 'valued customer' mail ('Our New Tracker Platform is here...') and it looked like that's what the new platform was called.

hello Peter,

I am just trying out the new platfrom on demo account.
In the history window the entry and exit trades are on different lines, could you not put the entry price/exit price and profit or loss on the same line.Their is a gap between the product and unit columns.you could also get rid of the margin column, I don't think it's needed.

Hi Breadman. will pass onto the team.
I think you can get rid of margin column yourself by selecting what columns you want to view.
I presume you are talking about new cfd tracker platform not spread bet. although they function basically the same
pc

hello Peter,

I am just trying out the new platfrom on demo account.
In the history window the entry and exit trades are on different lines, could you not put the entry price/exit price and profit or loss on the same line.Their is a gap between the product and unit columns.you could also get rid of the margin column, I don't think it's needed.

Hi Ross.
I think you got the wrong email. Valued customer was not meant for you. ha ha ha only joking I promise.
Try out the new tracker (cfd) platform let me know what you think.
We have called cfds trackers because they are slightly different to the old gen cfd.
with trackers you can di-leverage the product by selecting the leverage you want. You can have fractional ownership of a share or any product by selecting an amount you want to buy not units. E.g £5000 of oil etc. You can build a basket with your own leverage, your own fractional ownership, commission is built into the execution price so you dont get extra charge on your account. Lots of changes to the old style cfds. We think they offer clients more control over their investments.

let me know what you think
have a good weekend. going to Arsenal tomorrow to see us turn over Liverpool and this bloke Andy Carrol who kicked hell out of us last time. He is big bully and should not be allowed to kick our young team. ha ha

cheers pc

OK, thanks. I received a 'valued customer' mail ('Our New Tracker Platform is here...') and it looked like that's what the new platform was called.

Hi Ross.
I think you got the wrong email. Valued customer was not meant for you. ha ha ha only joking I promise.

I knew it must have been a mistake.:)

Try out the new tracker (cfd) platform let me know what you think.
We have called cfds trackers because they are slightly different to the old gen cfd.
with trackers you can di-leverage the product by selecting the leverage you want. You can have fractional ownership of a share or any product by selecting an amount you want to buy not units. E.g £5000 of oil etc. You can build a basket with your own leverage, your own fractional ownership, commission is built into the execution price so you dont get extra charge on your account. Lots of changes to the old style cfds. We think they offer clients more control over their investments.

let me know what you think

Interesting idea, but I've never seen the point in trading CFDs when you can spreadbet, if the spreads are the same.

have a good weekend. going to Arsenal tomorrow to see us turn over Liverpool and this bloke Andy Carrol who kicked hell out of us last time. He is big bully and should not be allowed to kick our young team. ha ha

cheers pc

Don't worry, he's a big softy really, and will soon wilt in the heat tomorrow.

Hi,

I also received an email inviting me to try the new Tracker CFD so I opened a demo account today. To be brutally honest I think its sh*te. Maybe thats because I only played with it for a short time, on a Saturday afternoon when the markets aren't open, and haven't become familiar with it, but my first impression is that its not for me. I'm happy to continue using MarketMaker so I don't intend to use the Tracker CFD for live trading. If MarketMaker is to be withdrawn then I'll have to find myself another broker.

It seems to me that CMC will finish off MarketMaker at some point and accept the loss of those existing customers who don't want to use the new tools, in the belief that more customers will arrive who favour the new tool.

I daytrade US stocks and with MarketMaker I have multiple charts spread over two monitors (even two isn't enough), I can't see how to use multiple monitors with the new tool. I often look at charts for the same stock simultaneously on different time frames but there does not seem to be a a way to open another chart from an existing chart within the new tool. When I tried to place an order to buy or sell there appeared to be a preset stop loss so I didn't confirm the order as I rarely use auto stops. I note that in 'preferences' there is an option to enable/disable Transaction Based Stop Loss. Thats as far as I got until the session timed out :rolleyes:, an option came up to restart the session after which my charts had reverted to a mountain form instead of the bar chart I was previously looking at :cry:. I didn't feel inspred to trade with the new tool or spend more time playing with it, so when the markets open on Monday I'll be using MarketMaker.

Do not trust cmcmarkets, they may reverse any winning trades with one that they will drop in to your account, no matter where the market is! They also widen spreads so that they knock you off, frequently they will not allow you to come out of your positiion as the market is going against you. Frankly they are a nightmare! Don't trust them.

Hi,

I also received an email inviting me to try the new Tracker CFD so I opened a demo account today. To be brutally honest I think its sh*te. Maybe thats because I only played with it for a short time, on a Saturday afternoon when the markets aren't open, and haven't become familiar with it, but my first impression is that its not for me. I'm happy to continue using MarketMaker so I don't intend to use the Tracker CFD for live trading. If MarketMaker is to be withdrawn then I'll have to find myself another broker.

It seems to me that CMC will finish off MarketMaker at some point and accept the loss of those existing customers who don't want to use the new tools, in the belief that more customers will arrive who favour the new tool.

I daytrade US stocks and with MarketMaker I have multiple charts spread over two monitors (even two isn't enough), I can't see how to use multiple monitors with the new tool. I often look at charts for the same stock simultaneously on different time frames but there does not seem to be a a way to open another chart from an existing chart within the new tool. When I tried to place an order to buy or sell there appeared to be a preset stop loss so I didn't confirm the order as I rarely use auto stops. I note that in 'preferences' there is an option to enable/disable Transaction Based Stop Loss. Thats as far as I got until the session timed out :rolleyes:, an option came up to restart the session after which my charts had reverted to a mountain form instead of the bar chart I was previously looking at :cry:. I didn't feel inspred to trade with the new tool or spend more time playing with it, so when the markets open on Monday I'll be using MarketMaker.

I think you can just expand the platform across two monitors, but agree that there are plenty of things not to like about next gen. Having said that, I didn't like MM either.

just posted this at the gurdian

n my opinion they are looking in the wrong place to make cuts and should make more popular cuts such as the FSA. According to the FSA it is perfectly legal for cmcmarkets to place a trade in to your account that you did not put there and to lose your money as a result. Now if that is not incompetent and a good reason to make cuts then I really don't know what is!

... and you can add to that the obvious incompetence concerning the banking crisis. I invite you all to complain to your local MPs

I think you can just expand the platform across two monitors, but agree that there are plenty of things not to like about next gen. Having said that, I didn't like MM either.

I know what you mean, and I've tried it but that isn't a good way to use multiple monitors. I recall last Friday that I had a total of 8 charts active on two monitors while using MarketMaker and I could make the charts large or small as I wished. I can't do that with the new tool. The charts can't be made small enough as there seems to be a minimum size below which they can't be reduced. I can't put 4 charts on a single monitor (1280x1024) without then overlapping. :cry: That is possible with MarketMaker. (y)

Generally I would say that the new tool doesn't make good use of the available screen space. The title bar on each chart takes up too much space in height and could be combined with the second bar, the tabs of which are unnecessarily wide. :rolleyes: As a minimum the tool should allow 4 charts to be tiled on a single PC screen.

I thought it locked out at the side of the screen - got to say multi monitor support would be great from any browser based platform I use three news/broker/esig.

CMC, do not give good customer service, the execution is poor and they do not hedge.....they want you to loose. They hate when you win because you take money directly from them....

The hedge so little it hardly anything....

why did the guy whos running this thread not reply to me?

This is just a PR exercise that everyone is attempting to polish his name...DEAL4FREE used to be nicked named something very different in the city so they changed their name to CMC as they merged

I absolutely agree with you. The reason the guy is a billionaire is so obvious, it's because idiots like us trusted the hype and gave him our hard earned cash. If only it was the middle ages. I am currently starting a campaign to close them down citing bad practice so the more of us that can get together the better. They are involved with a lawsuit to stop me saying these things but I shall look forward to the publicity and use it to shame the powers that be to take some notice and act as they have in USA

Do not trust cmcmarkets, they may reverse any winning trades with one that they will drop in to your account, no matter where the market is! They also widen spreads so that they knock you off, frequently they will not allow you to come out of your positiion as the market is going against you. Frankly they are a nightmare! Don't trust them.

Ok Sally, calm down, just take the liquid cosh and sleep it off.. you'll feel better in 8 years when you next come back to post..

hommedia.ashx

Ok Sally, calm down, just take the liquid cosh and sleep it off.. you'll feel better in 8 years when you next come back to post.

Yes, I don't think the ranting nature of your posts is helping your cause, whether it's justified or not.

I absolutely agree with you. The reason the guy is a billionaire is so obvious, it's because idiots like us trusted the hype and gave him our hard earned cash. If only it was the middle ages. I am currently starting a campaign to close them down citing bad practice so the more of us that can get together the better. They are involved with a lawsuit to stop me saying these things but I shall look forward to the publicity and use it to shame the powers that be to take some notice and act as they have in USA

As others said this is not good for your campaign.
You need to watch your language and post some proofs.

Hey Peter,
I remember you mentioning that if I go for a demo account I won't get junk mail from CMC Markets.

Could you please clarify why you use my e-mail address to inform me of the latest developments at CMC??? So much for a promise... LOL.

Good thing for me is that CMC mail goes directly to junk folder from now on... Ha ha.

Hey Peter,

i was satisfied with my new live account so far. I like the new platform.

But one hour ago you raised the spread for Ger30 from 1.3 to 1.6 (close of trading). No problem wih me, BUT: the spread chart still shows a constant spread of 1.3.

It gives me the feeling that im the only one who has to deal with a higher spread!

If you have a good explanation for this ill be satisfied again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.