Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tar
There is balance to be had here. We can remove layers from the ticket but we need to make sure that clients do not execute trades by accident. It wouldnt take much for us to remove a layer from the ticket. lets see how it progresses with our platform but for now stats are saying that we are on the right tracks.
thanks pc

well it takes time , i wouldnt mind this if buy and sell is ready at the same ticket which is the way with Oanda , Fxcm , IG , cityindex , capitalspreads , which is better especially at fast moving markets .

Regards

Hi Tar
There is balance to be had here. We can remove layers from the ticket but we need to make sure that clients do not execute trades by accident. It wouldnt take much for us to remove a layer from the ticket. lets see how it progresses with our platform but for now stats are saying that we are on the right tracks.
thanks pc

He,
This is the same issue i raised few weeks back. all competitors have got both sell and buy orders on the same ticket. but CMC for some reason does not want it because they want to be different. Show me one company who doesnot have it!!
It makes sense for the people who trade in a fast moving market or during news releases.
by the way, my first attempt at your new platform today, sold ftse at US open,but lost!!!
Take care

hi ft
so why did you lose on bet
pc

He,
This is the same issue i raised few weeks back. all competitors have got both sell and buy orders on the same ticket. but CMC for some reason does not want it because they want to be different. Show me one company who doesnot have it!!
It makes sense for the people who trade in a fast moving market or during news releases.
by the way, my first attempt at your new platform today, sold ftse at US open,but lost!!!
Take care

He,
Take care

Sorry PC, I've given it another shot but to me nothing about the trade opening and order setting procedure seems convenient, logical or intuitive. Selecting a deal ticket that goes only one way is at best pointless (no pun intended). Once past that stage, even the 'confirm' box is confusing, because it looks like it's inactive. Compare next gen with some of the other SB platforms, which have far simpler and quicker ways of opening trades and setting stops/limits.

I suggest you watch people using next gen for the first time and note where they run into problems!

Hi Ross
Thanks for your posting. As I say so far it is proving a big success but you do have a point and I will pass it onto the team.
regards Peter
Sorry PC, I've given it another shot but to me nothing about the trade opening and order setting procedure seems convenient, logical or intuitive. Selecting a deal ticket that goes only one way is at best pointless (no pun intended). Once past that stage, even the 'confirm' box is confusing, because it looks like it's inactive. Compare next gen with some of the other SB platforms, which have far simpler and quicker ways of opening trades and setting stops/limits.

I suggest you watch people using next gen for the first time and note where they run into problems!

Peter, I emailed you the other day and didnt hear back. If you couldreply it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Marcus

Hi Marcoose
I havent received an email from you. can you resend it please and let me know when you have so I can look out for it.
many thanks Peter

Peter, I emailed you the other day and didnt hear back. If you couldreply it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Marcus

Hello peter,
Continuing to use your new platform and it is throwing more and more surprises!!
Placed a limit order on dow yesterday night and to my surprise the order was closed after sometime.
I would have made money if the order was executed. Your staff told me that i did not have enough money in my account. I was under the impression that your system works like your best friend IG and others, if you put a stop loss close enough,the margin comes down. It is pretty much a standard thing with all SB companies which you know anyway.
so, for £1 on dow you need 1% or around £117 today. How strange!! your Market maker requires only £100 on dow. on ftse you need around £56 for £1 and with Market maker it is £50 and your frineds at IG and LCG is less than £30!!..... all in all it is expensive to trade indices with your new glossy platform or am i missing some trick?
Also, when you reduce the screen ( reduce the size of your browser for whatever the reason) your system reduces the screen space.i.e, if you have many things on your screen it stays on top of each other. It does not go back to normal when you maximise your browser. So every time i have to do the layout from the scratch.

Any experience from other users? I stick to Marketmaker though the spread is more

Hi Peter, I am still after a response to post #1087 about financing charges for short positions. From what you are saying CMC charges +2% to longs AND shorts, therefore if I have a sell bet on a UK share you will charge financing at 2.5%, so not credit to the account?

I agree there is better platforms out there , Fxcm station is much better, has many facilities , user friendly and better charts , also IG puredeal is much better , i dont think CMC's platform could be called next gen . Thats me .

Hi Peter,
I have been a long term client of yours up till now but i have to say you are now straining my patience regarding your charting capabilities.The new platform still does not allow you to use some most basic operations so i have tried to use the old platform .Now when i log on to it i am told the server is not available.How can anyone trade successfully with such a service?,

Hi Peter,
I have been a long term client of yours up till now but i have to say you are now straining my patience regarding your charting capabilities.The new platform still does not allow you to use some most basic operations so i have tried to use the old platform .Now when i log on to it i am told the server is not available.How can anyone trade successfully with such a service?,

couldnt login to the demo , but Marketmaker is working ...

Hi Peter
Next gen charting up grades coming in next couple of weeks.
thanks Peter

Hi Peter,

Hi Tar
Thanks for your opinion but next gen sign ups are very impressive. Like I have said before three times more spread bet sign ups than year ago and growing.
I presume you are client of fxcm and ig to give this opinion.
thanks Peter

I agree there is better platforms out there , Fxcm station is much better, has many facilities , user friendly and better charts , also IG puredeal is much better , i dont think CMC's platform could be called next gen . Thats me .

To cut the chase... does anybody like new gen plaftform from CMC?
It seems to me that except Peter (and his imaginary followers) everybody else is minority and can't stand the new platform.

Still trying to find somebody who likes it :) :) :) :)

Hi lancenicolase
I wished imaginary money paid for staff and rent and over heads. Unfortunately creditors do not accept imaginary money so have to pay them real money.
Next gen is real, it is increasing our business.
If you know anybody that will work for imaginary money send them our way.
thanks Peter

To cut the chase... does anybody like new gen plaftform from CMC?
It seems to me that except Peter (and his imaginary followers) everybody else is minority and can't stand the new platform.

Still trying to find somebody who likes it :) :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.