Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi gle101

As a UK company we cannot accept non uk residents to spread bet. That I understand is the regulation, that is one of the reasons we have two products here, spread bet and cfds, as a non-resident you can trade cfds. However I have asked compliance to send me their over view and I will post what they say. It is my understanding that if you are spread betting with Uk spread bet company then they should not accept you as a client if you give your Swedish address. Compliance have confirmed this but will give you overview when received.

anyway will get back to you.

thanks peter
I have signed up with quite many UK SB companies and Worldspreads are ardvertising like crazy in Sweden. Capitalspreads are very active through their white label outfit. Have you been correctly briefed? Are you really going to stand by the sideline again when it comes to SB, Europe is a huge market for SB.
You owe me a beer.:)

are you sure it is spread bet not cfd account and it is with their London office.

I have signed up with quite many UK SB companies and Worldspreads are ardvertising like crazy in Sweden. Capitalspreads are very active through their white label outfit. Have you been correctly briefed? Are you really going to stand by the sideline again when it comes to SB, Europe is a huge market for SB.

hi gle101
got it wrong you can spread bet in Sweden. I know there are some European countries you cannot but you can in your neck of the woods. sorry got that wrong. However, there are no tax advantages to spread betting like in Uk.

tks pc

hi gle101
got it wrong you can spread bet in Sweden. I know there are some European countries you cannot but you can in your neck of the woods. sorry got that wrong. However, there are no tax advantages to spread betting like in Uk.

tks pc
Yes it is OK, you got the first part right but not the last. Financial spread betting is still categorized as gambling and such not taxable in Sweden, as long as it is not you sole income (although a case have not brought to court yet). You still owe me that beer.:)

hi gle101
Lucky one of us is on the ball...

Happy to buy you a beer any time but don't bring Ross with you. ha ha

let me know when you are in town and I will let you know when I am in hurdy gurdy land

pc
Yes it is OK, you got the first part right but not the last. Financial spread betting is still categorized as gambling and such not taxable in Sweden, as long as it is not you sole income (although a case have not brought to court yet). You still owe me that beer.:)

hi gle101
Lucky one of us is on the ball...

Happy to buy you a beer any time but don't bring Ross with you. ha ha

let me know when you are in town and I will let you know when I am in hurdy gurdy land

pc
Thanks a lot, but how can I leave out Ross, it seems like you still need our help.:D

Hi Lovejoy and Blackswan.

I would say that your analysis is probably correct about spread betting on forex. I have never done the analysis myself but there is a lot of truth in what you say. However, I think that this type of analysis does not apply to our next gen platfom. I know you are thinking, I knew he would say that. But if you look at my previous blogs sorry posts you will see that we have set up our next gen platform as a high frequency trading platform built by the ex-head of Goldmans who built their ready platform (along with others). The team that has built next gen for spread bet (and cfds) have built it in a way that we can compete with exchanges and ECNs. We see Exchanges and ECNs as the competition, not other spread bet firms. Obviously at the moment our spread bet spreads are not as tight as an ecn for forex but then we have to build into the spreads the spread bet tax and in non forex products exchange fees, commissions etc. It has to be an all inclusive price where as ecns and exchanges offer a net price with commissions etc added on.

I am here posting these messages because I want to get across to the spread betters that next gen spread bet is a different level. It is not about head line spreads, it is about execution, technology and precision pricing. I believe that we are there with the execution technology but need to tighten up the commercials a bit with tighter spreads and that is coming. It is all about getting the technology right for tighter spreads on no requotes, no fill or kill no ticket time outs, no dealer referrals, filling the ticket every time. some more work to be done but it is coming and there will be tighter spreads.

I have to say that i do not believe that the spread bet industry will exist in it's present form, in the next couple of years. Competitors will have to follow what we are doing because of the higher standards of execution, precision pricing, no requotes etc. and tighter spreads. I have looked at all competitors technology, across all the products and I see no body with the technology that we have developed. It is very high level and will get better. The aim for all spread bet firms is to compete with ecn's and exchanges and make it viable to trade any financial product as a spread bet without pricing latency, execution latency, precision pricing etc. That is achievable but it is only achievable through technology. If you do not have the technology then you will not be able to compete with ecns, exchanges and CMC Markets. We made that commitment over one year ago and we are now delivering the technology that will lift the spread bet industry. it is still early days but i believe one day all spread betters will work this way. you heard it here first.

cheers peter

Hi Peter, just looking at the losses IG have reported, and the fact that City Index have just been given a slap from the FSA I reckon you are ahead of the curve in getting your house in order and a march on your competitors. I've posted up a couple of fresh threads on that subject in this spread betting section, with the press releases and FSA notice, if anyone is interested..

In relation to my specific point I don't (can't?) scalp/trade FX off small TFs. But imho that's not (scalping and or small TF trading) how to get the best out of what SB firms offer.

okay okay you can bring Ross we will have a wonderful time.
I thought we would start the evening off with a game of Bingo and then down the pub. hope that suits. ha ha

pc

Thanks a lot, but how can I leave out Ross, it seems like you still need our help.:D

hi John
thanks for your blog. No we have no plans to shut down market maker. you can have two accounts with us and trade on market maker and next gen at the same time.
what dont you like about the new platform

peter

Is there any truth to the rumour you will shut down Market Maker?

I tried your new platform and do not like it.

okay okay you can bring Ross we will have a wonderful time.
I thought we would start the evening off with a game of Bingo and then down the pub. hope that suits. ha ha

pc
Yes that would be nice, great Bingo, no slippage or re-quote or whatever you have, ha ha.

Hi Black swan

Yes it has been a very interesting week for a couple of our competitors but really I cannot comment on the IG situation and City Index situation. It is not fair and is not right. If you post stuff about any company it is not fair for me to comment.

thanks for your posts.

regards Peter

Hi Peter, just looking at the losses IG have reported, and the fact that City Index have just been given a slap from the FSA I reckon you are ahead of the curve in getting your house in order and a march on your competitors. I've posted up a couple of fresh threads on that subject in this spread betting section, with the press releases and FSA notice, if anyone is interested..

In relation to my specific point I don't (can't?) scalp/trade FX off small TFs. But imho that's not (scalping and or small TF trading) how to get the best out of what SB firms offer.

hi John
thanks for your blog. No we have no plans to shut down market maker. you can have two accounts with us and trade on market maker and next gen at the same time.
what dont you like about the new platform

peter

Thanks for that.

Basically the new platform just doesn't cover enough of the UK equities market.

wouldn't that be good, spread bet, cfds and bingo all on the same platform, would appeal to mum, dad, granddad and grand ma we would have the markets surrounded
also if we could integrate with xbox and wii then we could include the kids.
see always thinking ahead around here

pc

Yes, and I guess you will not get a "price no longer valid" message either. You should be thinking about migrating.

wouldn't that be good, spread bet, cfds and bingo all on the same platform, would appeal to mum, dad, granddad and grand ma we would have the markets surrounded
also if we could integrate with xbox and wii then we could include the kids.
see always thinking ahead around here

pc
Absolutely, don't forget the Nitendo Wii, got one for the kids last Christmas, they love it. Tried it and got hocked on tennis (play live as well). Might be increasing the time on that, now that I can't spread bet with CMC, ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.