Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ross

Sorry no prize just the pleasure of my company.
Lets get the next release out there and see what you think and we can take it from there, although I am not sure you will come over to the dark side ever...

cheers pc

Thanks - do I win a prize?

Like the piles of paper surrounding me, my phone has a white background and black text. Would anyone choose to read a book with white writing on black paper?

If you have to stick to dark backgrounds, why not at least put an outline on candles? At the moment they seem to have faded edges, which doesn't make much sense.

On another tack, is there any way of making the next gen MACD look more 'normal'

Thanks - do I win a prize?

Like the piles of paper surrounding me, my phone has a white background and black text. Would anyone choose to read a book with white writing on black paper?

If you have to stick to dark backgrounds, why not at least put an outline on candles? At the moment they seem to have faded edges, which doesn't make much sense.

On another tack, is there any way of making the next gen MACD look more 'normal'
I usually do not use the SB charts. The problem or more like the advantage with CMC nextgen is that you have the ability to move the stop and target directly on the chart (Peter like that statement). So you are in a way "forced" to use the black background chart, in order to take advantage of that special feature.

Hi Ross

Sorry no prize just the pleasure of my company.
Lets get the next release out there and see what you think and we can take it from there, although I am not sure you will come over to the dark side ever...

cheers pc

You could be right.:)

Actually, I'm still trying next gen, so don't give up on me completely. Of course, if it had customisable chart colours no-one could moan about it. Personally, I prefer the simple look of NinjaTrader, although ADVFN's charts are also clear (and free!).

hi gle101

bloody ell just picking myself up off the floor. I accept your good words gratefully.
If you like to move stops and limits from charts you will love the next gen release of spread betting and cfds coming soon. cannot say too much but I think you will like.
Hey I am beginning to think I am winning you over must be my imagination or maybe because I had a couple of beers last night when the wife was out at the theatre. Don't worry will come to my senses soon. ha ha

regards Peter

QUOTE=gle101;1411894]I usually do not use the SB charts. The problem or more like the advantage with CMC nextgen is that you have the ability to move the stop and target directly on the chart (Peter like that statement). So you are in a way "forced" to use the black background chart, in order to take advantage of that special feature.[/QUOTE]

Hi Ross
I will never give up on you. Don't worry one day you will come over to the dark side (then you will flip it to the white side once we give you the tools)

Seriously it is not going to be a big job for us to give you different coloured back grounds just there are a lot of major releases going on a the moment but it will come. cheers pc

You could be right.:)

Actually, I'm still trying next gen, so don't give up on me completely. Of course, if it had customisable chart colours no-one could moan about it. Personally, I prefer the simple look of NinjaTrader, although ADVFN's charts are also clear (and free!).

It is a total bore if you ask me.:)

I agree, these constant charts questions = very, very boring...Strange how you and Ross are back and the questions on charts start again..Anyhow...as you were...:rolleyes:

Hi Blackswan.
give them time they are coming around. I think they secretly love the charts but are just finding it hard to back track and admit it. ha ha

regards Peter

I agree, these constant charts questions = very, very boring...Strange how you and Ross are back and the questions on charts start again..Anyhow...as you were...:rolleyes:

Hi Blackswan.
give them time they are coming around. I think they secretly love the charts but are just finding it hard to back track and admit it. ha ha

regards Peter

Next stage, charts that take the trades for you, make your money, heh they could even book the villa in Aruba for 2 weeks and baby sit the kids...Just make sure the candles aren't too thick/without borders and the background isn't too dark, otherwise you wouldn't be able to see them too well on the deck of the Sunseeker Manhattan that the charts have bought for you..:D

hi blackswan.
do you want it to be able to pour you a gin and tonic as well
just need to know to pass onto the team.

ha ha

pc
Next stage, charts that take the trades for you, make your money, heh they could even book the villa in Aruba for 2 weeks and baby sit the kids...Just make sure the candles aren't too thick/without borders and the background isn't too dark, otherwise you wouldn't be able to see them too well on the deck of the Sunseeker Manhattan that the charts have bought for you..:D

With the greatest possible etc, the purpose of this thread is to give feedback on the next gen platform directly to PC. What do you expect to find here, a discussion about nanotechnology or the Spanish Inquisition?

hi gle101

bloody ell just picking myself up off the floor. I accept your good words gratefully.
If you like to move stops and limits from charts you will love the next gen release of spread betting and cfds coming soon. cannot say too much but I think you will like.
Hey I am beginning to think I am winning you over must be my imagination or maybe because I had a couple of beers last night when the wife was out at the theatre. Don't worry will come to my senses soon. ha ha

regards Peter

QUOTE=gle101;1411894]I usually do not use the SB charts. The problem or more like the advantage with CMC nextgen is that you have the ability to move the stop and target directly on the chart (Peter like that statement). So you are in a way "forced" to use the black background chart, in order to take advantage of that special feature.
Yes the beer might have done it, ha ha.

I agree, I am waiting for the live reports, so we can skip this chart thing.:)

too late Ross already very popular. Just looking at one of my dash boards showing we had record number of log ons today.
come on, come on over to the dark side you know you want to.

pc

Maybe the live users are keeping quiet so next gen doesn't get too popular?

too late Ross already very popular. Just looking at one of my dash boards showing we had record number of log ons today.

pc
I am not for or against you, I am just doing my homework, I always read up on reviews before I buy a computer or parts, don't you? No maybe not, as the price might not be a deciding factor for you. But, I bet you, that the technical aspect is, even if the price tag appears initially to be too high. I admit, the later usually wins in the long run, but will this also be the case for CMC nextgen platform? The story continues....

pc
I notice that Spreadco has an ad on this page, friend of yours, they apparently love black as well.:)

hi gle101
well I am helping you with your home work by telling you how popular next gen is. I welcome next gen clients to give their views on this site. However, normally next gen clients contact our support team with their requests but hopefully some will post here.

thanks pc

I am not for or against you, I am just doing my homework, I always read up on reviews before I buy a computer or parts, don't you? No maybe not, as the price might not be a deciding factor for you. But, I bet you, that the technical aspect is, even if the price tag appears initially to be too high. I admit, the later usually wins in the long run, but will this also be the case for CMC nextgen platform? The story continues....

competitors not friends but apparently t2win site will not favour any advertiser they pop up in sequence which is fine, we all get treated the same. I am fine with that because it works the same for everybody. These t2win guys are all heart, especially the moderators on this site. big kiss for the moderators x x x x

tks pc

I notice that Spreadco has an ad on this page, friend of yours, they apparently love black as well.:)

competitors not friends but apparently t2win site will not favour any advertiser they pop up in sequence which is fine, we all get treated the same. I am fine with that because it works the same for everybody. These t2win guys are all heart, especially the moderators on this site. big kiss for the moderators x x x x

tks pc
Yes I know, I thought I just tease you a little bit about it. To tell you the truth, this forum was awful a couple of years back, you wouldn't have enjoyed it at all. Today almost all the really bad guys are gone, and information seekers are here, discussion and entertainment is a big part of it. Notice I said entertainment, ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.