Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
spread bet pricing is minimum £1 per point and if you take the underline market contract say ftse which trades approx £60 per point (depending where market level is) then £1 per point on spread bet is pretty low. going below £1 per point on spread bet is possible but there is little demand for it.
I think we might offer that later but for now it is low enough, generally for our clients.
I am quite sure many would try out your next-gen service if you would have a possibility to offer micro lots, at least on a intruductory level. And ones the traders are convinced of what you are saying hold truth, they will certainly stick to CMC. Peter, you need real live heavy traffic in order to see how well you are performing, you cannot tell from just a few test pilots (no offend intended). This could be a cost effective way to obtain new clients, instead of bonuses, which you are opposed to.

Last edited:
Hi neil

Like the picture, I have two singapura cats.
Yes you can expand the whole chart by dragging the bottom right hand corner. at the moment you have to over lay it over the whole screen in front of other products but in next few weeks we will be launching tabs so you can have multiple charts and just tab between them.

what do you think of the dark back ground of charts.

peter
Can one expand the chart to fill the screen as per IG?

hi gle101

thanks for your suggestion we already have heavy traffic over the platform and it is selling itself. no need for special offers or head line rates.

thanks peter

I am quite sure many would try out your next-gen service if you would have a possibility to offer micro lots, at least on a intruductory level. And ones the traders are convinced of what you are saying hold truth, they will certainly stick to CMC. Peter, you need real live heavy traffic in order to see how well you are performing, you cannot tell from just a few test pilots (no offend intended). This could be a cost effective way to obtain new clients, instead of bonuses, which you are opposed to.

hi gle101

thanks for your suggestion we already have heavy traffic over the platform and it is selling itself. no need for special offers or head line rates.

thanks peter
I will rember that one, ha ha. I notice CMC ad on this site, and you are personally doing a good job promoting the next-gen. Or are you just blogging for the fun of it?:)

hi gle101

thanks peter
I will check up on that heavy traffic. No really, we are just waiting for interesting live reports from some next-gen traders.

hi gle101
told you why live traders have not posted anything. considering the many thousands of them using next gen spread bet it is impressive.
a bigger issue is that I have said a lot about the industry on these posts and no competitors are challenging what I am saying. why do you think that is. you are the expert on all matters relating to the spread bet industry.

tks pc
I will check up on that heavy traffic. No really, we are just waiting for interesting live reports from some next-gen traders.

Hello PC,

I was going to add this in a later post, but since it was brought up now I'll speak up a bit earlier.

Could we have fractional stake sizes for equity securities, I don't need sub 1GBP. But for instance, I need to take a long position of 861 Shares and a short of 993, then I would like to be able to buy 8.61 GBP and sell 9.93 GBP per point.

If you can't have full fractional stake sizes, then could we at least have 50s? So I would round 861 down to 8.50 GBP and 9.93 up to 10 GBP.

Thanks.

already answered this question. surprised at you for asking question that I already answered normally you are so efficient cannot understand why you need to ask this question when it has been answered. are you bored and looking for some light entertainment on this blog.

I will rember that one, ha ha. I notice CMC ad on this site, and you are personally doing a good job promoting the next-gen. Or are you just blogging for the fun of it?:)

hi Mr p

we will probably reduce the stake size and I can understand why you are requesting it but it is just low priority for us at the moment. I am sure once we get through our heavy work load of change and launching different things we can get this done quickly. It is just not going to happen for awhile. i will see if it can be done quickly and see what the team say.

thanks for your post.

regards Peter

Hello PC,

I was going to add this in a later post, but since it was brought up now I'll speak up a bit earlier.

Could we have fractional stake sizes for equity securities, I don't need sub 1GBP. But for instance, I need to take a long position of 861 Shares and a short of 993, then I would like to be able to buy 8.61 GBP and sell 9.93 GBP per point.

If you can't have full fractional stake sizes, then could we at least have 50s? So I would round 861 down to 8.50 GBP and 9.93 up to 10 GBP.

Thanks.

You mean because you can't do it, nobody else can...!

Oh dear...you've found this thread..<sigh>. I'm not repeating myself on this subject, you go ahead, fill ya boots, trade FX off a tick chart or 1-3 min TF through an SB platform...knock yourself out...:D

hi gle101
told you why live traders have not posted anything. considering the many thousands of them using next gen spread bet it is impressive.
a bigger issue is that I have said a lot about the industry on these posts and no competitors are challenging what I am saying. why do you think that is. you are the expert on all matters relating to the spread bet industry.

tks pc
Sorry, I need to see posts and reports from live traders, some kind of life sign, nothing yet.

I agree, bold of you to go online and so personally declare CMC standpoint and a few statement are in fact mind boggling for the industry. However, you have to deliver in order to be trustworthy. You competitors are ahead of you at this stage when it comes to SB, but that can change quickly, as clients come forth giving CMC support. They can also not be so nice to you as this boring and reserved Swede.:) I am quite sure your competitors are watching you silently and very carefully, they have to, considering CMC is one of the leaders in the industry (CFD's).

Now I have to get back to trading, you are taking all my time (enjoy it though). Sorry, it won't be with CMC nextgen though, you have silently looked me out.:)

2. is not going to happen because overall our clients like the charts and to be honest Ross when you see the next charting releases over coming months the dark works better than the normal white back ground. All sorts of yummy things being launched, not just on charts but tools working around charts. so sorry dark back ground has to stay for now. might be able to work it that white back grounds are available but will be six months away I suspect.

Hello again Peter, I know this was not directed at me, but I too find dark charts (or indeed any dark background against light text, even on the printed page) difficult).

May I suggest as part of your QA checks you at least include "readability" as tried out on a wide range of different sorts (and ages) of people. I think you will need to address this sooner or later, if only on grounds of equal-opps, or H&S, or whatever. (I'm trying to think of the word that Microsoft use ...I'm not the biggest fan of Microsoft, but I like the way they have consciously addressed the issue ...oh yes "Accessibility Options", that was the phrase).

Now although I don't use charts with dark backgrounds myself, I do look at those posted by other people (here and on a few other sites) from time to time. And while some are worse than others, I can usually get by. But with yours, I was having problems reading the detail of the candles.

Also the numbers on the time axis weren't very legible. (I was also a bit thrown by them being at the top).

I'll leave it there, as I realise it's better to wait and see what happens in the next release (and maybe try it on another screen). I'll try not to bring this up again until after the next release :)

Hi Mike

you raise a fair point and this is the purpose of using this forum to see what clients or potential clients are saying. I will pass it onto the team to see where we are. thanks for taking the time to blog and appreciate your comments.
have a good weekend
pc

Hello again Peter, I know this was not directed at me, but I too find dark charts (or indeed any dark background against light text, even on the printed page) difficult).

May I suggest as part of your QA checks you at least include "readability" as tried out on a wide range of different sorts (and ages) of people. I think you will need to address this sooner or later, if only on grounds of equal-opps, or H&S, or whatever. (I'm trying to think of the word that Microsoft use ...I'm not the biggest fan of Microsoft, but I like the way they have consciously addressed the issue ...oh yes "Accessibility Options", that was the phrase).

Now although I don't use charts with dark backgrounds myself, I do look at those posted by other people (here and on a few other sites) from time to time. And while some are worse than others, I can usually get by. But with yours, I was having problems reading the detail of the candles.

Also the numbers on the time axis weren't very legible. (I was also a bit thrown by them being at the top).

I'll leave it there, as I realise it's better to wait and see what happens in the next release (and maybe try it on another screen). I'll try not to bring this up again until after the next release :)

Thanks gle101 not biting today on your comments getting wise in my old age but nice try.
good luck with your trading

peter

Sorry, I need to see posts and reports from live traders, some kind of life sign, nothing yet.

I agree, bold of you to go online and so personally declare CMC standpoint and a few statement are in fact mind boggling for the industry. However, you have to deliver in order to be trustworthy. You competitors are ahead of you at this stage when it comes to SB, but that can change quickly, as clients come forth giving CMC support. They can also not be so nice to you as this boring and reserved Swede.:) I am quite sure your competitors are watching you silently and very carefully, they have to, considering CMC is one of the leaders in the industry (CFD's).

Now I have to get back to trading, you are taking all my time (enjoy it though). Sorry, it won't be with CMC nextgen though, you have silently looked me out.:)

About the dark screens, I think the shading from a slightly lighter shade of black (very dark grey??) at the bottom to the much darker black at the top of the screen that might be causing the problem??

After using Bloomberg screens for quite awhile, I'm quite used to black screens, so they aren't that big a problem for me anymore. However, Bloomberg terminal screens are solid black (very dark grey) without a gradient to the black fill.

Perhaps PC you might consider using the solid black (dark grey) of Bloomberg terminals? That may (???) reduce the number of complaints? :D

Thanks Physicsman. Point passed to the team.
have a good weekend
regards peter

About the dark screens, I think the shading from a slightly lighter shade of black (very dark grey??) at the bottom to the much darker black at the top of the screen that might be causing the problem??

After using Bloomberg screens for quite awhile, I'm quite used to black screens, so they aren't that big a problem for me anymore. However, Bloomberg terminal screens are solid black (very dark grey) without a gradient to the black fill.

Perhaps PC you might consider using the solid black (dark grey) of Bloomberg terminals? That may (???) reduce the number of complaints? :D

Thanks gle101 not biting today on your comments getting wise in my old age but nice try.
good luck with your trading

peter
Yes you seem to be a little bit off. No problem, the weekend is soon here and you can reflect on a lot of what have been said by the posters. I like to add, it is not surprising due to the the heavy blogging from your side during the week.

Have a nice weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.