Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Gaugere,

Some of the issues are not next gen. The technies told me that if you use google chrome this might time you out automatically. We are building fix to prevent this and will be about four weeks.

tks pc

I have just experienced another one of those regular platform disconnections by CMC and this time when I log back in there are extra spurious candles added making technical indicators useless.

These extra spurious candles are often there on the Euro50 chart between 7am and 8am too. It is time CMC started to address these issues rather than make excuses else traders will go elsewhere.

Thanks for your reply concerning time-outs and spurious candles. It is comforting to know that the issues will soon be resolved for an otherwise very good platform that I enjoy using.

If this is really Peter Cruddas then post a photo if you with a sign saying "DashRiprock has a long schlong"

:)

Hi Gaugere,

Some of the issues are not next gen. The technies told me that if you use google chrome this might time you out automatically. We are building fix to prevent this and will be about four weeks.

tks pc

Chrome also doesn't work with Next Gen chart trader.

Peter, what's this I hear on the grapevine (through twitter) that you're cutting spreads, would that be on the main FX pairs, down to one pip on the EUR/USD? Is a genuine spread war with IG and City Index in the pipeline? Cool..

ha ha sorry mate cannot do ha ha

Ok then what about one saying "DashRiprock thinks Peter Crudass is a Legend" because if you do it you will be and whenever people ask me about which SB to go I will always say CMC, we can make a deal.

I'll do that if pic of you with a sign (even better of taken from trading room) with any of these sayings on it:

"When Dash crosses the street, the cars have to look both ways"
"Dash Riprock trims his 'tash with an angle grinder"
"Michael Spencer is a poof" (hehe)

go on it'll be well good (y)

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha I love your post so much I am almost tempted to do it.....:cheesy:
Ok then what about one saying "DashRiprock thinks Peter Crudass is a Legend" because if you do it you will be and whenever people ask me about which SB to go I will always say CMC, we can make a deal.

I'll do that if pic of you with a sign (even better of taken from trading room) with any of these sayings on it:

"When Dash crosses the street, the cars have to look both ways"
"Dash Riprock trims his 'tash with an angle grinder"
"Michael Spencer is a poof" (hehe)

go on it'll be well good (y)

well tbh I would offer you money incentives but you already have loads and I don't so if it's ok i will keep hold of it for now. But if you do it, whenever I do something for a charity like a triathalon or summit I will do it for charities that your foundation supports like for disadvantaged kids in london or sumthin like that.

And as well if you do it, you will get mad props from everyone here for actually being Peter Cruddas and being accessible and treating your customers fairly and also being a good sport, not like that tosspot Spencer.

oh go on it'll be AMAZING

:clap:

Hi Black swan,
It is not rumour we did big round of spread cutting this morning.
we are actually lower than one pip on some instructions.

we are 0.9 on FTSE, Dax, Dow, Ndaq, Euro/Dlr USD/yen.

we are one pip on Stg/Dlr, Eur/stg, AusD/Dlr.

If you check out our web site the next gen spreads are listed there.

Well not sure if it is spread war, we have always maintained that it is typical spreads that count not head line spreads and if you see our typical spreads throughout the day we believe they are very strong and will stand up against any competition. You can follow our typical spreads on our spread charts in next gen.

However, with improved technology on Next Generation we can manage execution more efficiently and so we are passing those cost savings onto our clients in the form of lower minimum spreads. Why are we doing it, because we can and we will continue to cut costs of trading to clients whenever we can. I predict this will not be the end of spread cutting from us.
If others follow suit fair enough but we have new technology to compete with the best including banks so lets see.

Losses can exceed your initial deposit, so ensure you understand the risks
Thanks for your posting. I suppose this is more good news for spread betters.
regards Peter

Peter, what's this I hear on the grapevine (through twitter) that you're cutting spreads, would that be on the main FX pairs, down to one pip on the EUR/USD? Is a genuine spread war with IG and City Index in the pipeline? Cool..

Hi David,

Would love to offer spread bet there but I guess it is regulations. we have Toronto office that can answer any of your questions about products and regulations.

Many thanks for your posting.
regards Peter

Hey Peter,

Why don't you allow SB in Canada?

Tks
David

Hi Nigel,

sorry no news at the moment so many other things to do. there is big pipe line of releases coming on board but just cannot pin the developers down for release date. as soon as I know I will get back to you.
regards Peter

Peter,

Any more on the Brent/WTI spread instrument you mentioned would be in place a month back?

Also, any date for moving the FTSE smallcap shares over to the next gen - it's annoying having two accounts open.

Hi Black swan,
It is not rumour we did big round of spread cutting this morning.
we are actually lower than one pip on some instructions.

we are 0.9 on FTSE, Dax, Dow, Ndaq, Euro/Dlr USD/yen.

we are one pip on Stg/Dlr, Eur/stg, AusD/Dlr.

If you check out our web site the next gen spreads are listed there.

Well not sure if it is spread war, we have always maintained that it is typical spreads that count not head line spreads and if you see our typical spreads throughout the day we believe they are very strong and will stand up against any competition. You can follow our typical spreads on our spread charts in next gen.

However, with improved technology on Next Generation we can manage execution more efficiently and so we are passing those cost savings onto our clients in the form of lower minimum spreads. Why are we doing it, because we can and we will continue to cut costs of trading to clients whenever we can. I predict this will not be the end of spread cutting from us.
If others follow suit fair enough but we have new technology to compete with the best including banks so lets see.

Losses can exceed your initial deposit, so ensure you understand the risks
Thanks for your posting. I suppose this is more good news for spread betters.
regards Peter

d'ya know what'd be good, an independent test on just on one security, (let's say EUR/USD), as to how quick the fills are, in effect how tight are the fills in relation to the quoted 1 pip spread. I know with my past experience of IG that spreads at a quoted 2 pips was more like 3 or 4 fill..Now if CMC's 0.9 pip spread on the Euro proved to be as quick as DMA/ECN that'd be a huge leap forward..

Maybe there's a way a few of us could try it; IG v CMC v City?

Hi Black Swan,

This is excellent idea and CMC Markets would be willing to take part in the process. I would love an independent source to monitor our prices, our execution and our daily typical prices across all market volatility against our major competitors.

There are too many head line spreads in this industry and that is why I created next gen with a state of the art pricing and execution engine at the core of the software.

bring it on.

pc

d'ya know what'd be good, an independent test on just on one security, (let's say EUR/USD), as to how quick the fills are, in effect how tight are the fills in relation to the quoted 1 pip spread. I know with my past experience of IG that spreads at a quoted 2 pips was more like 3 or 4 fill..Now if CMC's 0.9 pip spread on the Euro proved to be as quick as DMA/ECN that'd be a huge leap forward..

Maybe there's a way a few of us could try it; IG v CMC v City?

Hi Peter,

Can you explain the pricing in Brent Crude at the moment?

August Futures are 114. CMC cash price is 118!!

Backwardation in occuring but not to that level.

Hi Peter,

Are the new lowest spreads typical spreads say between 7am to 4pm UK time? Or the typical spreads are higher and the spreads can become as low as the advertised figures?

Status
Not open for further replies.