CMC free L2

MX

CMC are doing free L2 now on there trading platform
Jeff

At deal4free.com, we are pleased to announce the launch of our most recent enhancement to the award winning Marketmaker® trading platform, the Price Depth Window. This new Depth of Market facility makes visible deal4free.com's indicative volume levels at each price down the order book.

The new window provides superior deal4free.com CFD price information, such as the closing price of the previous trading day and the current trading session's high and low price. Additionally, this indicative data feed should aid traders gauge market sentiment, also allowing them to observe market order flows.

The Marketmaker® Price Depth Window.

Is the L2 only available within the CFD platform or spreadbet also?

From where within the trading platform is it accessible?

Last edited:
Doesn't the word "indicative" raise suspicions in people?
Or maybe we should only expect "indicative" volume information from companies which provide "indicative" price levels as they see fit?
Cheers
Quercus

Only available on CFD platform.

As the instructions say "right click on the instrument and highlight price depth window"

If you logged on this morning you will have to log off and log on again to activate the software update.

I think its only CFD's ...at the moment

You access it by right clicking on security and selecting price depth

Jeff

the in depth window does not seem to be available for us stocks. available for uk, have not checked rest of europe.

Oh no it isn't

CMC are NOT showing Level 2 data from what I can see. It seems to be slightly different (or majorly) I just ticked a load back and if they show Level 2 it should be the same as eSignal and IG L2 dealer. L2 dealer and eSignal match. CMC is different. How are they doing this?

Cmc are showing level 2 for cfds, meaning that they are showing were the the orders they have on their books are sitting not every order in the whole world just the ones their clients have placed, thats why they say ''This new Depth of Market facility makes visible deal4free.com's indicative volume levels at each price down the order book.''
and ''this indicative data feed should aid traders gauge market sentiment, also allowing them to observe market order flows.''
I believe that this is also the reason that the l2 does not seem to be available on us stocks where REAL l2 is so easily available.

MX............ There's a name from the past (demon, riz,dayraider and so on) ........are you still trading?Heard you had stopped.Anyhow , hope things going well.