CMC and guarateed stops

boxersam123

Hi,

I have a CMC salesman ringing me 10 times a day wanting me to start an account.

I am close to opening one but I need to know whether their guarantee stops ar ok!

He seems to agree with everything I say. Do they really stop on the button?

If I put in a stop and limit can they guarentee thats where it will stop? or will they play games?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a CMC salesman ringing me 10 times a day wanting me to start an account.

I am close to opening one but I need to know whether their guarantee stops ar ok!

He seems to agree with everything I say. Do they really stop on the button?

If I put in a stop and limit can they guarentee thats where it will stop? or will they play games?

Thanks.

Here is a tip - read the threads on CMC in this forum and make form your own opinion, as it is the best for you!
Personally I wouldn't touch CMC with a bargepole, but that's me.

Eduardo.:)

GSLs should be on the button. That's what you're paying for in the extra spread. Thing is, I use IG Index and Alpari (a bucket shop broker) and don't use GSL. I've been slipped twice this year.

Taken from CMCs erms Of business

If, after instructions are received, we believe that it is not reasonably practicable to act upon such instructions within a reasonable time, we may defer acting upon those instructions until it is, in our reasonable opinion, practicable to do so or notify you that we refuse to act upon such instructions. We shall not be liable for any losses resulting from such deferral or refusal.

We may also, at our discretion, refuse to accept instructions for any reason including, without limitation.

Taken from CMCs erms Of business

If, after instructions are received, we believe that it is not reasonably practicable to act upon such instructions within a reasonable time, we may defer acting upon those instructions until it is, in our reasonable opinion, practicable to do so or notify you that we refuse to act upon such instructions. We shall not be liable for any losses resulting from such deferral or refusal.

We may also, at our discretion, refuse to accept instructions for any reason including, without limitation.

wow, thanks

It seems like they are ALL out to stiff you!

Regarding IG, their gsl is 150 points away! too far far for me!

Any companies you guys can recomend for short trading with gsl's

Thanks guys

CMC refuse GSLs when companies are due to report numbers, when figures are being released etc. They also have a policy of the GSL being a certain percentage away from the current price. Otherwise you could take a position into earnings, set a GSL 1% away from entry and look for a big upside. This would be a fantastic risk/reward scenario and the providers, to their credit, are aware of this. CMC stops are usually pretty good in my experience.

WOW 1% away !
Have any of you guys tried dicrect access ?
Place stops and your orders are filled at the market quote.
This is the case when trading furtures.

This company have many good points and I did use them for many years.
One day I earnt over £80k from them in just a few hours.
As the company stood to loose this amount if I closed my postion, as a consiquence my online trading was suspended to telephone dealer only.
What followed was even more obstruction.

They are great when your loosing but try winning consistantly and well , you get the picture.....