CMC and closing of positions.

kasamavic

With this mornings drop on the DOW at 1.18 and consequently FTSE following it, did anyone get stopped out on the FTSE either on limit or for a stop loss below 5919 as per their chart which went to 5800.

They are claiming the chart details were incorrect and the FTSE never dropped below 5919 by their calculations, so before i take it any further, i'd like to know if anyone else was affected.

Or perhaps another question would be what was the lowest other S/B Co's took positions out at today bearing in mind the above.

Last edited:
It looks like i am the only one that trades with CMC then.

It's hard to believe nobody was affected one way or another by this.

It looks like i am the only one that trades with CMC then.

It's hard to believe nobody was affected one way or another by this.

I can't believe anyone is using CMC :) I'd have thought they would really want to hang on to their one remaining client. You might want to put this to them

I can't believe anyone is using CMC :) I'd have thought they would really want to hang on to their one remaining client. You might want to put this to them

Im sure the black swan is still flying under their radar :LOL:

I was comparing a few of the well known buckets at that time, one had a low of 5815 but when I checked back later in the day the low was 5900. IG's low was 5852. Random sb prices are such a blast!

I always say complaining abut SB's in circumstances such as these is like complaining about getting wet going for a swim, its going to happen. Their prices are indicitive and their business model is ultimately based around their clients losing, either understand how they work and use that to your advantage, long stops etc or just get out and go DMA.

DMA getting cheaper to enter now and more available, over the next few years see SB's possibly either going DMA or disappearing, unless there are always a demographic to fill their pockets, and quite possibly.

Probably other traders using them but this is a story that just keeps repeating and people get fed up of replying, as a consumer u have the choice to shop around.

I always say complaining abut SB's in circumstances such as these is like complaining about getting wet going for a swim, its going to happen. Their prices are indicitive and their business model is ultimately based around their clients losing, either understand how they work and use that to your advantage, long stops etc or just get out and go DMA.

DMA getting cheaper to enter now and more available, over the next few years see SB's possibly either going DMA or disappearing, unless there are always a demographic to fill their pockets, and quite possibly.

Probably other traders using them but this is a story that just keeps repeating and people get fed up of replying, as a consumer u have the choice to shop around.
DMA and spreadbetting..means you need to go to prospreads...uggh, think Id rather put up with CMC :D

At least they have actual data live feed and their prices are not based on indicative data? Which means at any given moment they can change the market for their own gain, u prefer that?

Lol,
that's why they do it then. It must cost them a fortune to run my account with all the staff they had.

I even have my own premium account manager now.