City trader owes 70m vanishes

lol, we've got some pretty big traders in Woking mate. Far too much money to waste time commuting into the city from their Surrey mansions ;)

lol, we've got some pretty big traders in Woking mate. Far too much money to waste time commuting into the city from their Surrey mansions ;)

Yup, I'm particularly thinking of one gentleman (likes flying and sap book ;)) which makes me all the more confused about why you're disputing 5000 lots on bor.

Oh I'm sure there are people out there that do it, and if there were, Marex would be the place for it. I just remember lots of stories about people who would bid for thousands when they only wanted a couple of hundred.

Oh I'm sure there are people out there that do it, and if there were, Marex would be the place for it. I just remember lots of stories about people who would bid for thousands when they only wanted a couple of hundred.

This was pre credit crunch.

Some of it was insane, actually. For example there was an automated trade that every minute would lift one lot. So people would stick 20 000 lots on the offer for that one second to get that one lot...

I'm not saying over offering/over bidding doesn't go on still. It still does. Actually I'll stick ridiculous bids and offers in some spreads further down the strip myself and immediately pull them if I get any kind of fill, but only because everyone else does too...

But on the outrights there really isn't any need. I might occasionally put in at most 2.5x what I want, but that would only be if I was comfortable to end up with the 2.5x position. The outrights do trade properly, most of the time, really :)

I thought everything was quiet now until the "goodbye party" in December when he finally leaves the country? :cheesy:

Well I dunno. I've been expecting an epic thread for ages and there are constantly delays.

Let's see what happens tomorrow...

Yeah, I think the first come first served approach to queues works best for this sort of thing. Even if it doesn't sometimes feel like that's the system we're on, thanks to EPIQ, as in:

FRONT F**KING 20, 84 TRADE AND I STILL DON'T GET MINE F**KING *$("() )"*$)"£ (*$*

Not by a long shot? What's he on then, 130%? I heard someone who used to work there talking about it - perhaps your guy was there before this rule came in, but that's what he was saying.

P.S 5,000 euribor lots isn't exactly impressive, until you get filled on all of them.

Well i think 90% compared to this so called 60% top rate is actually quite a lot, considering as it would be 50% more than your hearsay split.

And no, he's not a spoof-er.

Last edited:
technically it would be 1.5 times, but that's splitting hairs (pun intended, go feck yourself)

in fact i changed it when i re-read my own poor english before i saw your reply, not that i need a commentator for that, but do feel free.

skill you ain't gonna win a battle with barryb regarding market experience and competence, and winning one on grammar is retarded.

Well i think 90% compared to this so called 60% top rate is actually quite a lot, considering as it would be 50% more than your hearsay split.

And no, he's not a spoof-er.

in fact i changed it when i re-read my own poor english before i saw your reply, not that i need a commentator for that, but do feel free.

OK, here's some commentary; it's 'spoofer', not 'spoof-er'. Oh, and we weren't talking about using large size to spoof the 'bor, rather using it to get fills.