Childbirth

Unhelpful and unfunny. You can accuse me of a sense of humour failure but it is a shame that a sketch like this will feed into many peoples misconceptions and fears, resulting in poor decision making. The couple were nearly right, their only mistake was to request a hospital birth in the first place. A natural birth at home is for most couples an amazing and very safe experience.

Unhelpful and unfunny. You can accuse me of a sense of humour failure but it is a shame that a sketch like this will feed into many peoples misconceptions and fears, resulting in poor decision making. The couple were nearly right, their only mistake was to request a hospital birth in the first place. A natural birth at home is for most couples an amazing and very safe experience.

You probably shouldn't watch the first episode of Peep Show series 7 then. Now that is damn funny.

Agree with your sentiments.

Human beings have been having babies millennia before hospitals, and in many parts of the world, are still doing so.

You do realize it was a comedy sketch right?

You have a low opinion of people to think they make critical life decisions based on a bit of comedy.

As for births at home.... not with our new carpets!

My 2 kids were both born in a well equipped hospital with lots of doctors on hand should something go wrong. For my son, something did indeed go wrong and he'd not be alive right now had we gone for a home birth.

I did not look because I had a presentiment about it and Peto confirmed my fears. I'm glad that I did not, now.

Agree with your sentiments.

Human beings have been having babies millennia before hospitals, and in many parts of the world, are still doing so.

People also once lived without antiobiotics and without vaccines and would die from health problems that are now trivial to fix.

I can't understand the point of putting a baby's life at risk unnecessarily.

People also once lived without antiobiotics and without vaccines and would die from health problems that are now trivial to fix.

I can't understand the point of putting a baby's life at risk unnecessarily.

Well personally, I can't see the point of leaving a poor salad without the flesh of some dead animal to keep it company. I think on the other hand some posters on here wears shoes made of tofu if you catch my drift.

Well personally, I can't see the point of leaving a poor salad without the flesh of some dead animal to keep it company. I think on the other hand some posters on here wears shoes made of tofu if you catch my drift.

Stick to trading, mate----you're funnier. :)

The video is a little funny, I suppose, because, in my personal considered opinion, the childbirth experience is pretty horrendous (regardless of the eventual joyful outcome). Still, maybe not really worth making fun of? I dunno...

Last edited:
You do realize it was a comedy sketch right?

You have a low opinion of people to think they make critical life decisions based on a bit of comedy.

As for births at home.... not with our new carpets!

My 2 kids were both born in a well equipped hospital with lots of doctors on hand should something go wrong. For my son, something did indeed go wrong and he'd not be alive right now had we gone for a home birth.

Of our three children, all were born in hospital.
If they had been home births we would now have only one.

Jeez maybe im warped but i thought it was hilarious! :LOL:

For some reason. I had the thought that the consultant could have be randoms twin brother! "Trust me, ive had much experience with noobie inexperienced uneducated babymakers! Despite what you may think and regardless of your beliefs you will be wrong as are the other 99% who sit in those seats. The only possible outcome for your scenario is onepiecevaginabutthole!"
Tongue firmly in cheek! :cheesy:

My 2c for any guy who chooses to hold hands through a C section is to stay on the right side of the blue sheet! The nurses will try and tempt you with the old "dya wana come and see ur baby" bs, then chuckle when u turn white n nearly pass out on ur way back to ya lady! Like a frickin horror movie! :sick:

No darktone you are not warped. The video is clearly a joke sketch and some people are having a sense of humour failure. FWIW both my kiddies had 'complications' but that is not the point as it is a comedy sketch. :)

Both ours were c-section and neither was out of choice. We were expecting twins for the first birth but lost one and the young master was a premature birth at 33 wks. You wouldn't be able to tell looking at the fella now but he does have some special powers. As with all superheros dare I say he also has some weakness.

Our princess was normal pregnancy but as the first was a c-section and less than two years apart doctors recommended another c-section in case old stitched up belly could not survive the strain of popping a new one out.

I was there for both and peeping through the curtain I was absolutely stunned by the first swift cut of 'the' big belly with a scalpel. It was like an artist producing a master stroke. Woosh!!!

And that was the end of our sex life. No more babies and I really can't blame the Mrs either as I'm sure it was all my fault. :cheesy:

As for the sketch - didn't find it funny at all. Too crude. Not the subject matter but simply the way it was delivered by the comedians if they want to refer to them selves as such. The two Ronnies could have done it so much better imo.

Regarding home births don't you need like a big tub, jacuzzi or something? Usual bath tubs are too small to stick a cow into let alone the Mrs. Not many tree huggers have them do they? Not energy efficient I'd guess. :eek:

For some reason. I had the thought that the consultant could have be randoms twin brother! "Trust me, ive had much experience with noobie inexperienced uneducated babymakers! Despite what you may think and regardless of your beliefs you will be wrong as are the other 99% who sit in those seats. The only possible outcome for your scenario is onepiecevaginabutthole!"
Tongue firmly in cheek! :cheesy:

My 2c for any guy who chooses to hold hands through a C section is to stay on the right side of the blue sheet! The nurses will try and tempt you with the old "dya wana come and see ur baby" bs, then chuckle when u turn white n nearly pass out on ur way back to ya lady! Like a frickin horror movie! :sick:

Definitely warped imo. :whistling

isnt this a parody of the trend of the rich/celebs having c sections? so now they have salesmen to push onto the rest, cos its a trend & makes money? & perhaps they do? odd how diff ppl view it.

part of his ramblings i am positive are plagiarised from cartmans legendary 'the aristocrats' joke, & if you thought this was bad taste, pls dont youtube that.

btw, its just a sketch, its not meant to touch a nerve with ppl & their experiences of childbirth, imo, so as welcoming as it is to hear ppls c section v natural birth anecdotes, i dont think they're necessary. do we have a midwivery section?

next topic: is science good? discuss.

Last edited: