Chicago Traders

Hi, I am moving to Chicago from Australia on the 18th of June to start my traineeship at a downtown prop firm. I would be really interested in meeting some other traders in Chicago. Has anybody organised a date yet?

dear,
this club ( very limited mambers)will be for active day trader and investors only, if you are so please contact me at my email [email protected] or replay to this thread.

best regards
terry

Hi, I am moving to Chicago from Australia on the 18th of June to start my traineeship at a downtown prop firm. I would be really interested in meeting some other traders in Chicago. Has anybody organised a date yet?

I would be happy to see you then.

Craig

new to the forum in Chicago burb

New to the forum here....would love to network locally in person. I actually met up with another trader recently via website and it worked out well! Been corroborating and working on some things. I am out in Aurora so downtown would be rare for me as I still have a day job :(

Hope all are well..... Dan

We are meeting at Ceres at the CBOT, 141 W. Jackson lobby, on the evening of June4 which is a Thursday.

Don't have a time yet, but typically traders social there in afternoons over beers.
Craig

I am still waiting for Mark to call me, tentatively I was hoping to get to Ceres late this
afternoon, after maybe 5 sometime.
Craig

New to the forum here....would love to network locally in person. I actually met up with another trader recently via website and it worked out well! Been corroborating and working on some things. I am out in Aurora so downtown would be rare for me as I still have a day job :(

Hope all are well..... Dan

Hi Dan,
Please let me know when you are going to come downtown, even though it is rare.
I am getting some ankle surgery soon, and if I am mobile, I can hop on the el.

Frankly Aurora is tough for me, I am north along the Lakefront.
Craig

Thanks!

I am still waiting for Mark to call me, tentatively I was hoping to get to Ceres late this
afternoon, after maybe 5 sometime.
Craig

Well I had the days mixed up. I met our friend from London (Ceydababy) at the Ceres last night, and we had plenty of beers. I think we had a great and productive conversation. I had a chance to find out more about various types of trading that happens there. As I surmised, like in the US, much of the structure of what and how people trade is tax policy driven.

We stayed for a few hours and then we (I limped as I will have surgery soon) over the the Berghoff, a classic Chicago tavern, present back almost to the time of the Chicago fire in 1871 (in the great tradition of my family lineage drinkers, my great-grandfather drank there over 100 years ago (I know, paltry duration amongst British tradition with millennia of history...)).

I hope my friend got just a taste of the trading environments that make up the storied trading floors and community of Chicago.

We cabbed it back to Wrigleyville, thereafter. From what I understand, ceydababy will head to southern Illinois for a wedding today -- and will get a taste of why most Americans opt to skip trains for the car, on our nationalized railway Amtrak. Oh would it be cool if we had 125 trains, too!

For anyone hesitant to do such a get together, don't worry. It was without risk and a lot of fun!
Craig

Chicago day traders

Hi there, was just wondering if anyone trades Short Sterling, Euribor or Euroswiss in the Chicago area. I'm a day trader thinking of moving over to Chicago

There are plenty of us in Chicago trading Eurex and LIFFE products. Trading the Eurex/LIFFE close through US open...say 5:30 am to 9:30 am CST can make for a nice lifestyle in Chicago.

Problem is I make most of my money on the open of those products which is probably from about 00:00 to 05:00am CST. Would there be many trading at those times? I really don't want to work from home and I'd much prefer to be in an office with other traders!

We cabbed it back to Wrigleyville, thereafter. From what I understand, ceydababy will head to southern Illinois for a wedding today -- and will get a taste of why most Americans opt to skip trains for the car, on our nationalized railway Amtrak. Oh would it be cool if we had 125 trains, too!

Craig

Hey Craig,

I'm new here, but noticed your post in Chicago members. Wrigleyville is my old stomping ground and "Metra" could have been my middle name as much as I used to commute back and forth from the city. I'm dug in the Western burbs now and prefer looking out over forest preseves rather than looking down from Willis (Sears) Tower.

By the way, I hear Chicago could become a new U. S. hub for high speed rail in the future -- I could use a Chicago-Madison (Wisconsin) fast-track.

Well, take care,

Hi Chuck,
If you are a local or a fan of transportation history, you'd know thta Chicago has always been the rail hub of the USA-- largely becayse of the location. Ya gotta go through to get west in the north. Then thre is civil war history, etc.

Sadly, even over 100 years ago many passenger trains approach speeds of the present day 125, not the case now.

I used to be an assisitant editor of a charting service called "Financial Futures". We printed at the local newspaper printing press in Downers Grove, 2AM every Friday. Many beers were had at the little bar at that strop! I would take the proofs out on Metra and resturn thereafter -- then deliver downtown. Mostly in the CBOT buiding and the banking community.
Craig

Hi Craig,

Yeah, I had my favorite stop-offs in Itasca waitng for my train on the reverse commute back in the day.

I think in general, we'd all benefit from railway improvements that in my opinion, would exceed economics. Fewer cars on the road would mean less emmissions, less traffic, less conjestion, fewer accidents... Wow, I could go on and on. Maybe some of that stimlus money could be used on Metra infrastructure.

Trade well.