Cheating on FSA Exams

Nobodys Analyst

hi threre,

i have a huge problem. i just started my new job and already failed my derivatives exam twice. i have the next one coming up on monday. i am so afraid to loose my job if i fail.

do you know if you get fired when you fail and is there a way to cheat during the exam?

do they have cameras in the room?

thanks

Why not put in some effort and study for the exam? - or do you expect a bailout there as well?

You've already done the exam twice so yes, you should know there are cameras in the room. Try the BPP question bank, I hear they are closer to the actual exam questions than the 7City ones.

Has your firm said/is it written in your contract that you'll get fired if you fail a third time? I think there can be quite a bit of leniency if you've already got your regulations and securities papers.

it is not written in my contract but it still freaks me out as you can maybe understand...

do you have access to the BPP question bank? yes, i did 7 city...

it is not written in my contract but it still freaks me out as you can maybe understand...

do you have access to the BPP question bank? yes, i did 7 city...

NFI about your question but good luck. Maybe you'll get the "right" questions and get the pass you need. :)

From what I remember, they were just a test of short term memory. Putting your social life on hold for a couple weeks and studying is likely to be easier in the long run that cheating. If you were caught cheating, you'd be more certain to lose your job than failing.

I don't wish to sound unkind to you, but you should NOT be working in the City in any regulated role if you cannot pass these exams. I am not the brightest spark and I know people who I would categorically and in no uncertain term class as clueless ****wits and even they passed. It's like doing two GCSEs.

Switch off your mobile phone, don't go out this weekend, sit your **** down and get studying.

I have ZERO sympathy for you. If it was something serious, like the CFA perhaps, some ACA exams of meybe even the CAIA exams, then yeh, but the FSA exams are simple.

i didnt take it :-(

Fair enough, you'd probably worked youself up into a mindset not conducieve to passing anyway. What have you told your employer and what are you going to do now? Alot of my guys have failed the exams a number of times and it was no biggy, in fact we have one guy who has never been able to get his regs paper, we just work around it.

Alot of people say that the 7City questions are quite different to the actual exam questions. As I said before I've heard good things about the BPP course but the CISI also have an online "eLearning" thing which I've heard good things about too. These are ACTUAL questions from the exam paper.

http://www.secinst.co.uk/bookmark/genericform.aspx?form=29848780&URL=32786915&pubID=33854475

It is definitely not worth the risk of cheating!! Try speaking to the HR people at your company, tell them that you are worried about your job security and see if they can support you or give you some time off to do extra studying.

lol @ "you should NOT be working in the City in any regulated role if you cannot pass these exams"

The FS industry is full of very regulated, ethical people, and then some.