charts

Hello,
This has probably been covered before so sorry to repeat things but here goes. I trade with gci forex.com First off, any comments about this site? Second I'm wondering which charting service will graph things the fastest in terms of moving average exponentials, etc, etc......as the graph on gci forex is a minute or so behind, or is this as fast as it gets?

thank you.

havent heard of that broker myself but someone no doubt has

your charts really ought to update in realtime or you will be shooting yourself in the foot. If your broker doesnt offer this, get a third-party service that does. Have a look under the "data feeds" forums and "software" forums, see if there is anything there that meets your requirements.

nefariousbaffler

I am currently testing GCI for charting and as a brokerage on a demo account.

Charts....The charting is very basic compared to Metastock which I personally use for EOD.
I find if you have the same GCI chart in 2 different workspaces one chart can sometimes be 1 bar ahead of the other. So it pays to open 2 charts the same and then choose the faster.

GCI brokerage.
I currently have a serious PRM overcharging problem and have found their live chat to be absolutely hopeless. I spent 30 minutes and got no-where. The operator seemed belligerent and lacking any knowledge of the subject.

They quote: Share CFD Trading

CFD positions held past 5PM EST (New York time) will carry a financing cost as detailed in the "Reference Prices" window of your trading platform. This cost is set at 4% to 12% per annum of the notional value of the position, depending on the product. This equates to about $5 to $15 per lot per day for most instruments. If a position is closed before 5PM EST, there will be no cost of carry charge.

My charge overnight was $225.34 for 5 contracts which equates to $45 per contract not about $5-$15.

I then e-mailed the support desk with the same query plus a transcript of the live chat and am still waiting for a reply 22 hours later. This is not good, and makes me think a real account with GCI could now be in doubt.

Can anyone on the forum recommend other free charting and quality brokerages? (I also need to trade the indexes).

Arco

I have been trading forex with GCI and they charge me 1$ a day on contracts held past 5:00pm EST so I'm not sure as to the shares. I am a little nervous about using them though as they are based in the Caribbean. I am from Canada so does anyone know the best company to use for forex trading in the U.S.A.?

I eventually received a reply from GCI which told me nothing.

Dear Sir,

For reference this is how you calculate your interest charge:

(Contract size x Interest Rate x No. of lots x 1 day x Open Price) / 360

Thank you. If you have any further questions about this or any other problem, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

GCI

I e-mailed them immediately,

GCI

I still cannot see how you can say - quote "This equates to about $5 to $15 per lot per day for most instruments. "

My charge overnight was $225.34 for 5 contracts which equates to $45 per contract not about $5-$15.

Please explain in more detail.

Thanks

.......and 5 hours later no response.

Do I really want to deal with this type of incompetence?

Perhaps they are working out of a shed on the beach :confused:

I have come to the conclusion that the Bermuda based GCI are totally incompetent.

They have taken 20 hours to reply to my e-mail with this basic reply. (It seems no one there has a name either).

"Dear Sir,

I see what you are talking about. Perhaps the problem lies in an incorrect setting in the demo system. I'll forward this to techsupport for further assistance.

Rest assured this problem is not present in the live system.

Thank You"

I am not assured of anything with this crowd. :rolleyes: