Charts Only

hi bud, great day out/off yesterday, potentially life changing meeting with former business 'mate' too...

Anyhow, biggest regret for me yesterday was not shorting all 3 Euro pairs before setting off, they'd *triggered* but it felt like gambling...so declined. Been in this morning, interesting point I'm noted over the past 12 months, (fwiw), when the rsi (standard setting is fine) dips below 30 or rises above 70, 'tis candy from babies..;)

Had a long...very long for me... swing trade/experiment close, pip count was ace, profit tiny (as low as IG allows) but interesting diversion...still short on USD/CAD on the same principle...feels like fun if that makes sense whereas the 15-30min charts feel like real work...

Gotta go good luck catch up with you later..

ended the week +58
total for 2 weeks + 314.

i'm demoing a trade analyser ea (free trial for a month) and so far i've opened most of my trades between 7-8 gmt but my most profitable trades were opened between 11-12 and a close second is 12-13

this actually ties in with my own analysis that cable often does a stop and reverse around 11:30

2-3 is the only hour thats negative at the moment. if that trend continues when i've got a larger sample i will probably switch off during this hour or devise a different strategy for trading during this hour. Either way i certainly wont continue to take the same setups if they have a negative expectancy during that hour.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Attachments

• image_xy_pips_equity.php.png
    image_xy_pips_equity.php.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 130
only time will tell, just ordered a book on sql so that i can sort the trades in the database to refine the results. for example imo we have been in a downtrend the last 2 weeks so it would be interesting to know what my results are for long trades only during this period.

Vacos, have you figured out what the signal is on that system you've been using? I wasn't being cryptic the other day, I wondered if it had (as one of its components) the rsi...which when passing 50 (on your 15 min chart, in either direction) is a *system* I've seen sold before...kinda works too..went through (long) at circa 7:45 this morning on 15 min and 8:00 on the more relaxed ;) 30 minute chart...

Just scalping cable today i think.
Lost 29 pips on Friday by the way. First losing day in 9 trading days.
So far so good.
Good luck all.

Attachments

• cable 6B 03-10  15_02_2010 (2 Min).jpg
    cable 6B 03-10 15_02_2010 (2 Min).jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 126
good trading temp,

very consistant results and 29 pips sounds like a very minimal drawdown. not done much today myself, 2 trades both losers then i realised its a bank holiday in the us and called it a day.

Being a half-term week does not fill me with confidence either and it means my sons around as well which is not great for a trading environment ;)

trade 1 (little late posting was reading the BS 50pips saga):cheesy:

Attachments

• trade 1.gif
    trade 1.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 145
out B.E, in hindsight i should haved closed at 5720, oh well move on.

closed +10ish and reversed

Attachments

• trade 3.gif
    trade 3.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 170
trade 4, a very impulsive naughty trade

Attachments

• trade 4.gif
    trade 4.gif
    30.1 KB · Views: 179
i feel like a real lemon right now, i traded impulsively and got burnt for it, i was short got stopped out, wasn't here to take the re-entry and then just lost the plot when i got back and saw that, i said on the cable thread direction was down today and yet i go and place a long.

so disappointed in myself right now so i'm having a rant grrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

desperation, revenge trade somebody shoot me i'm ripping out the power cable from the pc whichever way this goes.

Attachments

• trade 5.gif
    trade 5.gif
    30.3 KB · Views: 163
desperation, revenge trade somebody shoot me i'm ripping out the power cable from the pc whichever way this goes.

just be careful buddy, if you stick to the plan then the losers don't hurt as much IMHO...only just caught up with your thread in the last half an hour or so, tbh thought you were a tad early, but wft do I know, I just got mullered on GBP/JPY long, then took short at 14100, been short cable since 9ish this morning...crap day all round thus far though...:confused: