Charts, charts and more charts

2be,

Lets have some chart analysis of your options expiry strat pls, so we can better understand what you see before and after the event.
Hi couter_violent
I have not ignored your request, I have just seen the post, and will try to post some explanation regarding that 3rd Fri scenarios, and how I try to address that particular and repeating PA activity
it will take me a bit of time as I will edit this post at different times

Around the year 2000 I traded FX options, I always got majority of them squared before expiry day, with only a few exceptions especially with the the part of hedge, (straddle), after the main body of profit has already been achieved.
Trading options provided some insights and experience of trades lasting several weeks and I observed the market behaviour including the days close to the expiry days (Fridays).

Last edited:
Hi couter_violent
I have not ignored your request, I have just seen the post, and will try to post some explanation regarding that 3rd Fri scenarios, and how I try to address that particular and repeating PA activity
it will take me a bit of time as I will edit this post at different times

Around the year 2000 I traded FX options, I always got majority of them squared before expiry day, with only a few exceptions especially with the the part of hedge, (straddle), after the main body of profit has already been achieved.
Trading options provided some insights and experience of trades lasting several weeks and I observed the market behaviour including the days close to the expiry days (Fridays).
Thanks 2be.

Maybe the topic deserves it's own thread!

Does that pivot area hold.?

Screenshot_1.png