Charting question.

mrlegoface

Hi new here, is it possible to overlay the same index on a single chart, to compare different days apart,

eg :comparing Monday DJI to Tuesday DJI on the same chart.

or comparing January 2018 to January 2017 on the same chart for the same stock etc..

thanks.

Hi new here, is it possible to overlay the same index on a single chart, to compare different days apart,

eg :comparing Monday DJI to Tuesday DJI on the same chart.

or comparing January 2018 to January 2017 on the same chart for the same stock etc..

thanks.

you can, but you wouldn't get much benefit as the price would just overlay directly on top as the scaling would be exactly the same.
perhaps i may not be understanding, but can you not simply compare one day with another day simply with one chart?

Possibly the easiest way of comparison would be to open the two charts in split screen then draw in support,resistance and trend lines.

you can, but you wouldn't get much benefit as the price would just overlay directly on top as the scaling would be exactly the same.
perhaps i may not be understanding, but can you not simply compare one day with another day simply with one chart?

im aiming to line them up by time of day

so i can compare the previous days and previous trends at certain time's of the day.