Charting problem

Fluke

I have recently down loaded IE 7 on to my XP system and am now getting a problem when I want to down load charts via Internet Explorer.
When I down load the chart,I cannot see the chart,all i get is a red X in the left hand top corner .I right click and try to show the picture but it will not open .
Is this some thing to do with Macro Reader or Flash Reader?.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fluke said:
I have recently down loaded IE 7 on to my XP system and am now getting a problem when I want to down load charts via Internet Explorer.
When I down load the chart,I cannot see the chart,all i get is a red X in the left hand top corner .I right click and try to show the picture but it will not open .

Thought I put this up again to see if I can get any help to day

I'm pretty sure the problem is Martians that have invaded your laptop, and they are apparently copulating, or whatever it is Martians do, and the red X is their version of our 18 movie rating. Essentially they don't want you looking, but clicking on the X and opening and closing the data sheet multiple times makes their ride bumpy and they stop.

But the more boring explanation is:
You get the red x in a box when the server cannot find the graphic requested, or sometimes when the server is very slow delivering it, the red x will be put there as a place holder until the server delivers the element.

If it is on the internet, there is nothing you can do; the problem is on the server. If it is on your own pages, then check that the spelling is correct, that the path is correct, or if your server is overloaded.

And the very boring version is:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

Best of luck

Fluke said:

Hi Fluke,

I had a similar problem when I upgraded to IE 7 and it took me absolutely ages to sort it out.

Do a search on your computer for a file called "Hosts". Your Hosts file is there as a security measure to guard against hackers, malware, etc., but sometimes the security settings within the file are set too high. Once you have found your Hosts file, rename it to Hosts.bak then restart your machine and try Internet Explorer again. If the problem is not solved then rename your Hosts file back to what it was and post here again.

By the way - I wouldn't recommend you rename your Hosts file unless you have a Firewall on your computer like Norton, ZoneAlarm, or similar.

Good Luck

Damian

I have not been on my PC for a few days,that's why I did not reply to thank you for your help.

My problem was with some charts I down loaded from Quote.com.The interesting thing is,I have now down loaded the same charts again from same site and they are now showing again on my screen,but the previous ones still do not show the picture, so I have deleted them.
I wonder if Quote.com put a time limit on their charts with a cut off point if you do not pay for their service.