Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, everyone has the POTENTIAL to learn from their mistakes. But these are not mistakes like you would make in carpentry or driving or typing. These are mistakes that shake the very core of self belief in people.

It requires them now to enter and excercise in the Gym of the mind. The entry ticket price is so high that very few are prepared to pay it. And even if they just only pay lip service to the Gym for argument's sake, in any event they are not willing or not able to do the workouts, but usually both.

Socs, i dont know about you, but stops are a big character giveaway, in my opinion?

Well, in another thread, and I cannot at this moment remember, but I give all the reasons for stops, first at a mechanical level, then at a mental / intuitive level. It is just that people view them as a sort of affront.
They don't like to be contradicated, that is the problem. They prefer to suffer loss and pain at the expense of being contradicted. There is no point in me going on and on about it, they do what they like in the end.

BUT, we need more cannon fodder, the more the better. More cannon fodder please.

RUDEBOY said:
Character? If you can't trust yourself, who can you trust? Caution in its extreme?
Actually, now that you mention it, my avatar is incomplete.

In my circle, we have a phrase, "only in ourselves we trust".

This is a motto that encircles the pyramid.

We are having some cufflinks made up, tiepins, and lapel pins, to wear on special occasions, for fun and to remind ourselves to steer clear of the drillers.

Salty Gibbon said:
People still wear ties ?

Weird !
Salty, I am shocked at your lack of awareness of sartorial elegance.

And even more surprised at your lack of awareness of the proliferation of drillers.

But what universe are you currently inhabiting at the moment, Salty ?

You are not yourself today.

Soc, I retired on my 50th birthday a couple of years ago.

I have never worn a tie since and nor do I intend to.

My sartorial elegance these days runs to T-shirts, shorts and flip flops dear boy.

Plus a case of beer handy at all times

Bollo cks to ties my friend.

Socs, you never know, someday, we will have this thread to ourselves! Now that would be an achievement!

Ah ! OK.

Well we all go through a Robinson Crusoe period......

When you get over it I have a splendid bow tie for you.

Treat you to an evening at the ballet, if you like...

SG, beer is a great leveller, litterally. Anyway, i'm only 33, and i do have respect for my elders (not to cause offence). Good luck in the future, whatever you decide to do. Sincerely, RB.

RUDEBOY said:
SG, beer is a great leveller, litterally. Anyway, i'm only 33, and i do have respect for my elders (not to cause offence). Good luck in the future, whatever you decide to do. Sincerely, RB.
It's a young mans world.... the ole buggers do a lot of talking.... but very little action.... they get gassy as they get older which may not explain all the talking, but certainly accounts for the smell

Right, I'm off now, to put my attention on other matters...Salty, as you are the senior, you are in charge of the Ordnance..

And Salty don't forget...

Look to your front...

Volley present...

Fire at will...

Now now lads dont forget, without us you couldn't win a war and wouldn't have a decent market to trade in.... oh say can you see......

I'm back from a super evening out with the family and see this thread has ascended into a Mutual Admiration Society between the bulldog Brits and the blue on blue experts, our US cousins.

Salty, I said pastries, not tarts. Apart from which I do not take male friends to orgies, being greedy.

"Yes, just imagine being able to talk to ourselves, like ducatti does,
without being interrrrruppted...."
Super words, Socrates.
I have a riddle, albeit a rhetorical one.
Why do some prolific posters experience a lack of response to their posts?
Please note that the above question is posed entirely academically and is not targeted at any t2w members, all of whom are, of course, wonderful people and "characters" without whom the world would be a poorer, but much nicer place.

Anyway, Salty, it IS a wonderful thread, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.