Challenge: Profits from indicators :)

Both if you'd like ? It will work on all time-frames. All tick charts.
I was thinking Daily, Hourly, 5-minute and 233-tick chart setups.

I used to do 1 min charts but found them a bit quick when concentration flags and have been looking at 30 min. The Macd bumps are a lot smoother and more definate too at this speed imho

I used to do 1 min charts but found them a bit quick when concentration flags and have been looking at 30 min. The Macd bumps are a lot smoother and more definate too at this speed imho

Okay interesting, i prefer tick charts, price action is more clear - However i will do 30-minute setups to maybe benefit you?

Going to start trading now. I'm a bit unorganised today... Just going to start on Euro/Japan right now and then later do 2 hours on the ES and see how we do... Really it should be much more structured, i just had a late night

30-minute EJ setup @ 135.33
Stop loss @ 135.44
Target @ 135.01

Trailing stop mechanism engaged.

Trailing stop hit ~ 135.13

+ 20 pips.

Last edited:
Backtested on ES, averaged 5 points per day (With additional 0.25 slippage per trade, and only filled when price trades through the limit) on a 233-tick chart from 2.30-4.30pm. From the start of the year.
Very confident.

Even now @ 12.39, got a signal to go short that worked, pre-market. Obviously didn't take it. Against the rules :)

Does anyone want to work on automating this with me?

I was having trouble logging in :( So i wasn't able to post live trades... I executed a total of 4 trades, i feel its pointless posting them without them being live though... I will post the charts later anyway.

To be honest, i made the system and back-tested it and decided to trade it on the ES... But i don't have time to trade a system on the ES because i have to discretionary trade it and i can't do both.
Then i decided i could trade it on a different market, but then i just couldn't be bothered. I trade 2 hours a day pretty intense concentration and i'm just too knackered to do anything else, system trading is extremely boring... I've learnt alot from this experiment. :)

So overall, i can't be bothered. Plus people need to learn their market and learn to trade 'context' rather than trying to fit default settings around it...

To be honest, i made the system and back-tested it and decided to trade it on the ES... But i don't have time to trade a system on the ES because i have to discretionary trade it and i can't do both.
Then i decided i could trade it on a different market, but then i just couldn't be bothered. I trade 2 hours a day pretty intense concentration and i'm just too knackered to do anything else, system trading is extremely boring... I've learnt alot from this experiment. :)

So overall, i can't be bothered. Plus people need to learn their market and learn to trade 'context' rather than trying to fit default settings around it...

lol....I can appreciate that. I was just interested in your findings as I just read your "Why i think most traders fail" thread and found your post very interesting. Im still trying to get my head around it and how I can incorporate it in to day trading a couple of hours aday like yourself. Any advice on how to be consistantly profitable? (I trade the ftse100 if that makes any difference)

lol....I can appreciate that. I was just interested in your findings as I just read your "Why i think most traders fail" thread and found your post very interesting. Im still trying to get my head around it and how I can incorporate it in to day trading a couple of hours aday like yourself. Any advice on how to be consistantly profitable? (I trade the ftse100 if that makes any difference)

Ummm...I could make a video using Camstudio if you'd like oh trading the US session, however i can't be bothered to explain why i take specific trades because their is no simple answers.

met gladiatorx in Malia a few years back, has anyone heard from him? I've heard he has a few accounts on here?