CC's New Broker Account

AUD/USD - Long @ 63.08 - Up 160 pips - Stop Raised to lock in 20 pips Profit

The Aussie fell towards the 60's lows and I went long at 63.08 My stop was set 200 pips below and price action has moved nicely to the upside. Another win and another stop raised to lock in some pips. With this pair I have locked in 20 pips only to try and catch a larger swing upwards as I think the USD will fall across the board.

For now I'm long and the AUD and if copper and zinc continue to climb the AUD will gain a bit more strength I'm looking towards the 70's before I go short and close this pair for profits. I only hope that it stays above my stop and entry

Attachments

• Account Update 1 Feb. 03 09.17.jpg
    Account Update 1 Feb. 03 09.17.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 175
  • AUD-USD-Long 63.08Feb. 03 09.25.jpg
    AUD-USD-Long 63.08Feb. 03 09.25.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 175
EUR/CHF - Long @ 1.4862 - Stop set 200 pips below

I missed the short entry on this pair while I was working on my renovation

This pair is as at the low end of the mid range channel and could be a good long position if 148 support holds. The lowest side of this range / channel is 145 and if I lose this stop I will wait for an entry near that price instead

I'm long until market proves me wrong. Should it swing lower I think the EUR will fall against it's other trading pairs. I like to use this pair as a barometer of the markets to help me plan what the EUR might do across the board.

Attachments

• Account Update 1 Feb. 03 09.17.jpg
    Account Update 1 Feb. 03 09.17.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 164
  • EUR-CHF-Long 1.4862 Feb. 03 09.28.jpg
    EUR-CHF-Long 1.4862 Feb. 03 09.28.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 177
I use everything I can

Yo c_c405. Recently signed up to the site and jus wanna say its been an interesting read keep it up!

Also wanna ask, do you predominately use technical analysis only?

Hi K3

I'm glad you enjoyed reading - I really hope you get to catch some of these pips out there.

I will use anything I can to gain an advantage but mostly I guess I use Tech Analysis the most. It just comes from years of experience in trading ForEx - I do not trade news simply because I'm not into trading for 20 or 30 pips I'm more of a position / swing trader - I try to catch the 500 pip swings instead of watching minute charts. I'm not worried about a few pips lost and that's why I use a larger stop that many others would not. I do try to maintain a 2:1 ratio but generally aim for a 4:1 - 5:1 type of ratio

When I started trading forex I was scared stiff about losing money and that caused me to source out news and reports and analyst opinions. Unfortunately I paid too much attention to them and I was losing more than I was winning. After wards I decided to stop listening and watch the charts - I line the range and trade within it. So yes I guess I use technical chart analysis more than anything else

Why

c_c 45

With respect, what's the purpose of this thread. You were testing this new broker originally and gauging there 'quality' when you withdrawn some funds. Its turning into your trading diary, whats the point, Im concentrating on my own

K

:confused:

Don't get jealous karl. This is posted in the "Trading Journals" section if you haven't noticed?

Keep up the work CC.

Hi K3

I'm glad you enjoyed reading - I really hope you get to catch some of these pips out there.

I will use anything I can to gain an advantage but mostly I guess I use Tech Analysis the most. It just comes from years of experience in trading ForEx - I do not trade news simply because I'm not into trading for 20 or 30 pips I'm more of a position / swing trader - I try to catch the 500 pip swings instead of watching minute charts. I'm not worried about a few pips lost and that's why I use a larger stop that many others would not. I do try to maintain a 2:1 ratio but generally aim for a 4:1 - 5:1 type of ratio

When I started trading forex I was scared stiff about losing money and that caused me to source out news and reports and analyst opinions. Unfortunately I paid too much attention to them and I was losing more than I was winning. After wards I decided to stop listening and watch the charts - I line the range and trade within it. So yes I guess I use technical chart analysis more than anything else

Cool. I am thinking of delving into Forex trading but am gonna test a few platforms first before I use my hard earned cash! Do you recommend any software?

its easy

I have opened an account with a new broker today
It's a standard account with a $5000 dollar deposit
It's Real Money

The real deal is if they wire my money to me quickly and easily.
I am posting the account set up image - With the first 2 trades made

killphil08

Not jealous... just want C_C 405..... show me the money

' SHOW ME THE MONEY, SHOW ME THE MONEY'

Instead of people playing space invaders on charts all day, show me the cash, it cant be difficult, ie attached is a copy of my account 500k i made last year

To withdrawl funds

c_c 45

With respect, what's the purpose of this thread. You were testing this new broker originally and gauging there 'quality' when you withdrawn some funds. Its turning into your trading diary, whats the point, Im concentrating on my own

K

:confused:

Before I withdraw funds I'm trading it up - I will withdraw $5000 USD when I'm at a level comfortable enough to withdraw it (20K) when I hit 20K I will withdraw 5K - Not to confusing :)

Good brokerages

Cool. I am thinking of delving into Forex trading but am gonna test a few platforms first before I use my hard earned cash! Do you recommend any software?

Most brokerages offer software to trade their platforms - as long as there is no delay in their executions I would say they are good to go with - FXCM is good (large spreads sometimes), FXSolutions, Questrade, Interactive Brokers, They are all pretty good

You can use MetaTrader 4 if you find a broker who supports it.

c_c405

Respect..

You choose a helter scelter way to make money though...

30.12.09-------------------- $5000 opening balance
04.02.09---------------------$15700 at present

still 10k not bad in 5 weeks

K

Thank's Karl

It may seem a bit helter skelter but I like those big 1000 pip swings.:D

This Broker Is....

Ok here is the broker folks

After some trading with this broker and although I experienced a hickup - I can say this broker is good - I made a withdraw and I can happily say it showed up no problems. Took about 48 hours amount $5000 -

AC-markets (ACM)

As Far as this account is concerned I am happy with the execution of my trades (instant) NO slippage. I like the interface (flash trader platform) fully customizable and saves all your settings.

I can say that I don't really like their charts all that much but they are just fine in all respects - It shows the price and that's all I need -

I like them

Now on to the few trades I have open and some of the losses I took before I made this post. I currently have AUD/USD long opened at 63.08 it's up 230 pips, EUR/JPY long at 113.74 Is up 260 pips, GBP/JPY Short at 135.66 is up nearly 800 pips

I have lost several shorts on the GBP/JPY Pair amounting to 4000$ (200 pips each) Bringing my current balance to a total of $6624 as of right now

Here are the pictures of these opened trades and a picture of the account as it stands - I hope you enjoyed reading my posts and following some of my trades!

I will of course continue to trade with ACM and will add them to my list of preferred brokers

Cheers! And Happy trading!

Attachments

• Account Update-Broker Revealed Feb. 12 00.35.jpg
    Account Update-Broker Revealed Feb. 12 00.35.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 175
AUD/USD Long up 200 pips

This one has been opened for a while now and at one point topped out at 700 pips

Here is the chart and the account showing it's profits

Attachments

• AUD-USD Long-63.08 Feb. 12 00.45.jpg
    AUD-USD Long-63.08 Feb. 12 00.45.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 175
  • Account Update Feb. 12 00.46.jpg
    Account Update Feb. 12 00.46.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 161
EUR/JPY Long @ 113.74 is still up 200 pips

This trade has also been open a while and topped out at 120 (+700 pips)

Chart and account pic included

Attachments

169.7 KB · Views: 193
  • EUR-JPY-long-113.74 Feb. 12 00.49.jpg
    EUR-JPY-long-113.74 Feb. 12 00.49.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 199
GBP/JPY - Short @ 135.66 Is up 800 pips!

Well after I lost 400 pips to this trade I have finally gained back in ratio and have been able to make this a risk free trade. Now everything from here is all profit and I'm smiling for now.

This pair can whip back up in only a short 1 hour or two and so I have lowered the stop to lock in some additional profits. I think it's heading to the lower end of this range but can never be too sure. The trade has been open for a bit so I want to take something home if it swings up against me again. Watch out for the pound yen as it can eat 200 pip stops like breakfast

For now I'm short until the market tells me otherwise

Attachments

• GBP-JPY-Short-135.66 Feb. 12 00.53.jpg
    GBP-JPY-Short-135.66 Feb. 12 00.53.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 190
    169.7 KB · Views: 162
GBP/JPY Short @ 135.66 is up 900 pips now

Wholly SH*

I love the forex

this trade has gained 100 pips while I was writing my last post and I just posted it :p

Pound cake crumble

nice work there C_C :D

I have jus opened a FXCM account just there! Time to strat trading wit real £££ !

GBP/JPY Short @ 135 Stopped out for 500 pips profit

My GBP/JPY Short has been stopped out by the swing up for a 500 pip profit

AUD/USD Long @ 63.08 is up 280 pips

AUD/USd Long is up almost 300 pips. This long trade at one time topped up at 500 pips or so and I'm still in the trade as my stop has not been hit yet. I'm going to leave the stop where it is and will keep the trade open for a retest of the 70 levels. This may not happen but with USD GDP due out next week I'm going to play this long. The RBA is releasing it's minutes next week as well so this may be a good volatile pair for next week.

For now I'm long and my profits are locked in

Account & Chart pics Included

Attachments

• AUD-USD Long-63.08 Feb. 12 00.45.jpg
    AUD-USD Long-63.08 Feb. 12 00.45.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 177
  • Account update 2 Feb. 13 09.46.jpg
    Account update 2 Feb. 13 09.46.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 178
EUR/JPY: Long @ 113.74 is up 500 pips

My long on this pair is rocky to say the least but it is still profitable. I have my stop locked in and I'm expecting this pair to test the lows once again before a new run up to the 126 handle. Should my stop get hit I will take 100 pips profit and I will look to re-enter long at a lower price if possible.

For now I'm up 500 pips and I expect the 120 price to get hit sometime next week but with EUR CPI due out it may cause a drop

Account & Chart pic included

Attachments

• EUR-JPY-long-113.74 Feb. 12 00.49.jpg
    EUR-JPY-long-113.74 Feb. 12 00.49.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 174
  • Account update 2 Feb. 13 09.46.jpg
    Account update 2 Feb. 13 09.46.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 165