Capital Spreads - Wot A Pile Of Xxxx

Thus far, I have been happy with Finspreads. I occasionally get filled at the wrong price as market orders are handled manually, so sometimes they buy/sell at market price instead of their price. That can go in my favour or against.

when I call about these things - they offer to correct or cancel the bet straight away.

Also - when I first started, their traders would explain stuff I didn't understand about Spread Betting, overall they have been OK.

Perverse pleasure in seeing mugs losing by trading with spreadbetting companies..hard to feel any sympathy esp. when some fool is claiming to have lost 150k trading with one of them.Have these fools never heard of direct access and trading properly in an unbiased market.Would be nice to have these suckers trading uk CFD DMA's...would be like taking candy from babes.

Perverse pleasure in seeing mugs losing by trading with spreadbetting companies..hard to feel any sympathy esp. when some fool is claiming to have lost 150k trading with one of them.Have these fools never heard of direct access and trading properly in an unbiased market.Would be nice to have these suckers trading uk CFD DMA's...would be like taking candy from babes.

My own reasons for spreadbetting are mainly I can start with a very low account size. My normal job means that as far as spare cash goes it would take me my whole lifetime to save up 150k cash (if I'm lucky) let alone lose it.
I don't actually know very much about other methods of trading, but if a broker or some other form of vehicle for trading could offer me leverage enough to send a £500 account into profit I would be pleased to know of it.
The only real problems this type of leverage has caused me has been my own greed and poor money management, although I feel I am improving on this.
So, if there is another platform out there which can offer the similar types of leverage for someone with a zero credit rating please let me know. (sorry to have hijacked the thread a bit there, but it might help all of us Spreadbetters to know).

My normal job means that as far as spare cash goes it would take me my whole lifetime to save up 150k cash (if I'm lucky) let alone lose it.

You don't need anything like this amount. If you wanted to trade using direct access then (in my view) £5K is enough to start with.

Paul

Agreed with Paul.

I used to have over 100k usd in a spreadbetting account (back when you could buy a euro with a usd) but that was purely because of the margin requirements of the strategy I was using plus my huge profitability.

10k usd would be a fine starting point for a futures/forex account with Interactivebrokers.

capitalspreads is waste of time. today they qoute the ftse 15 points hight than other brokers. now th etime is 6 pm

Yeah CAPITAL SPREADS are CRAP - UNRELIABLE along with DAYLIGHT ROBBERY....

Use IG Index - they are professional - rollovers are slightly different as spots are closed out and reopened but if you're out just leave position to roll back into positive territory if you believe in it.

cheers

I think Capital Spreads are the best SB broker I have used by an absolute mile.

Beats the competition hands down.

Capital Spreads

Cap Spreads have introduced a new Trading Platform which , with my Dial-up connection, I have tried using; has anyone had any success with it? I cannot get it to work and it takes over 20 minutes to Login and get the front end markets page EACH AND EVERY TIME I want to trade. What a load of crap !!!!!

Cap Spreads have introduced a new Trading Platform which , with my Dial-up connection, I have tried using; has anyone had any success with it? I cannot get it to work and it takes over 20 minutes to Login and get the front end markets page EACH AND EVERY TIME I want to trade. What a load of crap !!!!!

Ever considered getting broadband?

Funny how people only complain about SB companies when they lose money.

I've used Capital spreads for a few years and never had any problem at all. I also use IG, who are probably better but have ridiculously high spreads on some instruments.

The Capital spreads platform is completely stable and if people have a problem maybe they should look to their own computer.

As for people complaining about the CS platform on dial-up that just about sums up the mentality of many SB users...

I can no longer use CS at work - their new platform requires a newer version of flash which I can't install on the work PC.

So I've moved everything to IG.

Oh how I wish I could get Broadband, I live in the depths of the countryside at the end of a very long phone line, tried broadband with Pipex and although BT insisted we and the other half dozen properties on the same line couldn't get broadband it took me over 6 months to convince Pipex of that. As far as CS is concerned I have no quibble until they put in this new platform, the old one worked fine but this new one doesn't. I only have one comment to make to 10Kloser - SHUTUPPAYAFACE.

Im giving up using Capital spreads too,
Anyone recommend a good spread betting broker please? e.g IG Index, CMC, OR any other...

Thanks

Im new to trading, but the 1st account i ever opened and used was and is IGindex, it is so easy to use that even a newbie like me was able to use it without too many problems, i would highly recommend it, very rarely does it crash, staff are helpfull too.

capital spread and cmc markets are cowboys

I have used London Capital for a number of years on fx, albeit not via their spread betting platform.

I can not speak highly enough of them. By far the most professional of my counterparties and whenever there has been the odd issue (which there is bound to be) they have responded very quickly.

lutonjac,

Have you tried mobile broadband ? It is not as good as main broadband providers but it is a lot faster than dial up.

Paul

Nobrainer - any chance you could give me some info on DMA trading, ie: how much does each transaction cost, what are the margin requirements like and also, I heard a rumour you can claim trading losses back against your tax thus reducing the dreaded fabled tax bill. Is that true? Also, I hear brokers are just as disreputable as sb companies often gunning for their clients stops. Any info would be much appreciated. Cheers, S.

I have also traded with Capital Spreads for 4 years, and their site has not crashed once. Their customer service is excellent. I never had any problems with them. If you lose, you lose. Splitting hairs , and blaming the SB company , well, that won't wash ....

I find these posts very funny, like complaining about getting wet going for a swim. Anyone who tells me they are happy using a SB company i don't understand it, a company that simply profits from your loss and losses when u win and you give them 100% of your trust? Which you need when playing this game?

OK for starting off and getting your feet wet but not for the long term, not for the trader who takes this game seriously and is playing this game seriously. Best thing about CS was the integrity and transparancy of Simon on here but since they told him to foxtrott oscar........ but it is a SB, as is IG, as is CMC. If you are still using these then u probably deserve what you get? sorry guys but thats the truth.

and before anyone starts quoting tax reasons etc where there is a will there is a way and if you are a serious trader not even weighted in the argument.