Article Candlestick Analysis: Lighting the Markets

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,459 60
Steve Nison is a busy man. Ever since his first book ?Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques? was published in 1991 he has run his own advisory business, which gives trade recommendations to institutional investors and [[hedge
fund]]s. He is also one of the most respected teachers on trading the financial markets, and his seminars are always a sell-out wherever he goes. Since the publication of his first book he has written another two best sellers on
Candlestick analysis. His first book is affectionately known as the ?modern-day bible? of trading.
Tom Hougaard caught up with Steve Nison during a quiet day in the market.
Tom Hougaard: How did it all start?
Steve Nison: 30 years ago I worked for a commodity broker and advisory service. All my work was based around fundamental analysis. Today it is hard to imagine that all investment decisions 30 years ago were based on fundamental research. I knew nothing about technical analysis...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

SOCRATES

Veteren member
4,966 134
What he means in the first paragraph.....is that the president of the company was" very well acqainted with", rather than "frequented with".

SUNSEEKER

Established member
872 12
Socrates, you are soooo right. I am sitting here with red cheeks....my only excuse is that I am Danish, even though the T2W profile says I am English :))))))

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,364 1,181
We'll forgive you, SUNSEEKER, for being a Viking.
But not for that T-shirt of yours emblazoned
"Pillage in the Village English Tour 885 AD"
Of course, Steve Nison is THE man for c'sticks so it should be a cracking good seminar - only the best, huh?
Richard

des44

281 8
Just purchased and received Nison's "Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques SE" , $90.00.

For those I mentor, I have been instructing them to pick the book up also.

d-
Mentor

TheBramble

Legendary member
8,395 1,170
Des, have you also checked out "The Candlestick Course", Nison (2003)
pub. Wiley Trading ISBN 0-471-22728-5?

I found this by far the most useful text for those new to Candles. A lot cheaper too, especially in paperback.

trendie

Legendary member
6,305 1,031
TheBramble said:
Des, have you also checked out "The Candlestick Course", Nison (2003)
pub. Wiley Trading ISBN 0-471-22728-5?

I found this by far the most useful text for those new to Candles. A lot cheaper too, especially in paperback.
This book is particularly good, as there are exercises and questions at end of each chapter, so it re-inforces what you have learnt. etc. :)

SUNSEEKER

Established member
872 12
You can experience Steve Nison live on Friday the 18th February ( less than 2 weeks away ). On the day you will get a full days tuition, a 225 page handout with the charts covered on the day, Steve Nison's book "The Candlestick Course", as well as lunch and refreshments....all for the bargain price of £200....

www.tradertom.com/seminar.htm

timsk

Legendary member
7,135 1,909
Salty,
I've only ever used candles, right from the start. Although they don't contain any more information than a bar - i.e. OHLC, I find that they are so much more appealing and visually seductive. However, recently I have come to question my reliance upon them because of a comment or two from dbphoenix. He says something to the effect that many people treat candles as patterns without due regard as to why the pattern (candle) is formed. The danger of this is that it doesn't offer any depth of understanding into market behaviour and the result is that sometimes the pattern 'works' and sometimes it doesn't. In this respect, candlestick patterns are no different and no more helpful than, say a head & shoulders pattern or an ascending triangle. Essentially, they become just another hit 'n' miss indicator which, in the hands of someone like me is more often miss than hit. :( Of course, in the hands of Mr. Nison, the results are likely to be much better and much more profitable.
Tim.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock