Can You Really Profit From Spreadbetting

aussietrader said:
hardly enought o break the fins bank but for a couple of weeks I managed to grab some good gains - small points but larger bets for me.

Still nice of fins to fund some shoes, a dress (for mrs trader) and a few lagers for me next month in lovely Europe.

Now if only the dow would crash, USD crash and silver have a massive rally I could host my own T2W party at the ritz!!

- Mrs Trader wants afternoon tea at the ritz - 68 quid - flippin heck - small change for you blokes but that's a mortgage payment downunder ;)

£68 for a mortgage ?

Lots of people in the UK would love a £68 per month mortgage :D

As an aside: saw a recent tv prog. re house buying in Aussie. Seems you get a lot of property for £100k

LOL.....Forex is still spreadbetting....there is still bias even with a five pip spread, do not imagine the buy/sell on offer is evenly distributed, and this makes getting into and out of a Forex "bet" sometimes like pulling teeth....granted the trends appear to run
smoother and for longer periods that Volatile Index's...

IMHO

I never said it wasn't betting.
I have found the bias to be generally less than 4 points and who cares when you can win over 400 pts in a day. The only way to beat SB's is to go for the big win and not bugger about with 10 and 20 pt wins, thats a sure way to go bust.

neil,

you get more bang for your buck when buying houses in Australia compared with England but on most things- what costs GBP10 over there costs AUD10 over here. The difference is it takes 2.5 AUD to buy 1GBP.

SO GBP 100K would buy a reasonable house in a so-so suburb in a smaller city like Adelaide or you could buy a toilet (with no paper) in a reasonable suburb in Sydney!

Am off topic but still coming to terms with the fact that I have made a booking to pay exorbitant money for a cucumber sandwich and a cup of tea!! The things a husband will do!!

I saw that programme I believe it was in Perth 150k seemed to get a nice place,but then theres all that sun, sand and blue sea. Hmmm I think I would miss the rain snow wind and high taxes.

Ahh Perth....

mailbox.jpg

beach.jpg

glowbuzzers.jpg

Creatures with little long term ambition, a lovely set of wings and exhaustively backtested heliotropic skills...and a shocken gas lamp.

Last edited:
If you daytrade try using FX rolling cash with D4F, 3 point spread
in a market that moves 100 points plus every day is o.k.
I also daytrade the dow rolling cash without any problem, however this is not for the inexperienced since the quotes can revolve around both their offer OR bid price thus making the 5 point spread increase by as much as an additional 5 points whilst still retaining the 5 point quote.
I will finish by saying I have never had any problems with D4F and
I have traded with them for years.