Spreadbetting Gold

trendie

Legendary member
Are there any users of Spreadbetting Gold ??

Email sent to me Oct 17th:
Good afternoon, this is a follow-up from Spreadbetting Gold
We just wanted to tell you that we made 1300 points last week.
Did you get near that? did you make 50% of that? 25% of that?
If yo didn't, you should give us a try, for FREE for a month.What have
you got to lose?
CLick the link and boost your profits
http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/SPGO4620/
Happy Trading!

Email sent to me Oct 24th:
Greetings from Spreadbetting Gold
We just wanted to tell you that we cleared 1000 points AGAIN last
week, finishing up 1300 points. If you matched that, or even beat it,
then fine.But if you didn't, you should DEFINITELY try us out. Our
free month offer still stands, and we are offering discounts on
quarterly, half-yearly and annual subscriptions.What have you got to
lose?
Click the link and boost your profits
http://SPGO4620//
HAPPY TRADING!

Email sen to me Oct 31st:
Last week was our best this year, 1400 points profit, and that was
after we suffered a loss on tuesday.
Just think, since you first requested our results, you could 've made
up to 4000 points with our system. So what ARE you waiting for? For a
free trial or to subscribe go to
http://SPGO4620/
HAPPY TRADING!

There are so many points to be made each week, I hope users can tear themselves away from counting all their money to confirm that the above emails are a true reflection of the amounts that can be made.

DowJones said:
1000+ points/week *LOL*
Can I not sign-up to "spreadbetting platinum" instead and get say, 10,000points a day for my £35 subscription? (All at no risk of course ;-)

I understand the numbers are due to trading over several markets, such as DAX, FTSE, DOW, etc.

Still, it seems a bit high ;)
( I cant make that amount by curve-fitted back-tests where I KNOW the high and lows :cheesy: )

So for the last 3 weeks they've made 1300+ points every week.

I wonder if people sign up for this week if they'll get another 1300+ profit.

Somehow I doubt it very much. :)

anley said:
I wonder if people sign up for this week if they'll get another 1300+ profit. Somehow I doubt it very much. :)
It's easy enough to find out, if they're offering a free month, isn't it? Who's going to volunteer to try them out and report back? I think it ought to be someone _really_ cynical and sceptical, just to make sure we don't get a report through rose-tinted spectacles. Any suggestions, anley? :)

from their website.
"....We try to take ten points from every trade"....
...."the top six, the FTSE, the DOW JONES, the NIKKEI, the HANGSENG, the CAC, and the DAX".....

their "results" show what is called mpg ( max possible gain", but thats only valid in retrospect !!

If you only aim for 10 pts, then obviously 1300 pts per week means around 130 trades, as you wont know which ones are the "home runs".

all the above presumably doesnt account for transaction charges.
at the minimum, there could be 6 trades a day.

I cnat see anything about multiple trades per index per day.
( I havent subscribed, so obviously there is more to it !!! )

If they offer the 30 day trial (i have signed up) and it doesnt work, cancel.
Dont doubt until you have proved it. Their results seem impressive!
I will report back with the results

Roberto, it normally pays major dividends to be very sceptical in this business.......

From their website: "...We try to take ten points from every trade, (although it's usually a lot more) and as we trade across six markets, the points build up substantially over the course of the week"

This sounds suspiciously like pivot points +- some random number. A bit like several systems being marketed.

If it is then the points total is maximised by assuming you sold at the high/low of the market. Of course it you knew it was the high/low at the time, you wouldn't need the system would you?

Its not actually pivot points, may be closer to the 3/5 day MA of the pivots.
Also, the numbers are almost identical to those marketed by Chinesenumbers.
The problem I have found is that both say wait 15/30 mins for the market to stabilise, I agree with that, but very often the entry points pass during the first minutes of the open.
The companies then report actual gains based on the total open time of the market not according to the 30 minute wait rule.
To be fair to SBG, their publicity spreadsheet (ask on the site) states that they allow for the rule in their calcs.

I am still testing both and will come back to this post with my (humble) opinion. Well at least I am testing not opinionising.

Euro_d said:
Its not actually pivot points, may be closer to the 3/5 day MA of the pivots.
Also, the numbers are almost identical to those marketed by Chinesenumbers.
The problem I have found is that both say wait 15/30 mins for the market to stabilise, I agree with that, but very often the entry points pass during the first minutes of the open.
The companies then report actual gains based on the total open time of the market not according to the 30 minute wait rule.
To be fair to SBG, their publicity spreadsheet (ask on the site) states that they allow for the rule in their calcs.

I am still testing both and will come back to this post with my (humble) opinion. Well at least I am testing not opinionising.

How is sbg doing? I came across them via an ad on ebay. I asked for results and they keep sending rather impressive results per week/month. They've offered me a free months trial (think that's on offer to everyone). I'm a bit wary as I'm completely new to trading of this sort although I've read a few books and never fully got the info!

Thanks!

SBG Evaluation

Hi all,
First a thousand apologies to all who have waited patiently for my report. I can offer excuses but....
Also to those who have PM and to whom I have not replied.

Anyway, I have not been as methodical as I normally am with the monitoring. However, I have checked their results email and it is accurate.
One comment is that often you will not get a trade filled due to the opening gap. However, that is compensated by the days when you can, today for example, entry short @ 4860 and market is at 4847 as I write. A nice 17 points (less the spread) but anyway at least 15 points in the bag!
Never trade before the market has settled down, at least 10 minutes.

There is also chinesenumbers.com who offer a similar service. SBG is better as they offer 3 markets, Ch only 2.

If the service is offered as a trial then give it a go.
I will try and post more later.

Hi...,

Has anyone else been following Spreadbetting gold.? How has it been performing recently.?

Regards.

trendie said:
Good afternoon, this is a follow-up from Spreadbetting Gold
We just wanted to tell you that we made 1300 points last week.
Did you get near that? did you make 50% of that? 25% of that?

Well actually yes i did, i managed 1500 points in 9 mins,see

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=14526&page=20&pp=10

So thanks for the offer but i think i'll stick to direct access trading,i think i've the got odds more on my side than with spread betting. ;)

SbreadbettingGold

Sorry all, no post for many moons.

I have dropped them as I could not really see any benefit. Same with Chinese numbers.

If you set up Camarila or even a basic pivot point calc (search these boards for both formulas) you will be VERY close to the trigger points given by these outfits. H4 and L4 on Camarila

Do they work, yes, most certainly but the downside is that you will often not be able to enter because of the opening gap. Dont try to beat the gap!

Cheers
Dave