Can you beat this!! for dedication

I think at $4000 for a 4-day course they're going to allow themselves a little artistic licence.

Students may find the continued lack of eye contact disconcerting, but there you go.

Last edited:
"That's why so many attendees find this course to be a bargain at $4,000."

I'm all for making a bit of money (and I try) but these courses that costs thousands just have to be a rip off. Surely a trader should make money from trading, not selling systems or courses?

Who would admit to wasting S4,000.00?

I think the main point has been missed here - the original link ends with code=SEN which surely means that somebody is after a commission on that $4k.

Zenda....?

Quote-

"Dick Diamond has watched virtually every tick in the stock market - from the open to the close every single day -- since 1968. There is nothing he hasn’t seen or dealt with"

Is this true or mildly overstated? :eek:

Strange thing to say unless they are referring to just the indexes. Last I heard, he exclusively trades the S&P e-mini now. He does have a very successful track record spanning many years and is one of the few old-timers who day trades. He actually only started his seminars again recently. He used to do them frequently, but found it interfered with his trading, so he quit doing seminars for about 8 years. He is only doing one or two per year now & it is up in the air as for how long he will continue. It's about the only seminar of its type that I personally would consider attending. And that is only because I've known of him for many years now. Typically, if a seminar catches my eye, I'll just buy the DVD (especially if I can get it used on Amazon or Ebay). Why pay airfare, hotel and fees when everything of value can be had on the DVD for a fraction of the cost... (If there is anything of value that is)

There are some people who just have a passion for teaching and sharing. The really difficult thing is to tell the difference between the peddlers and the genuine article. I do believe he is one of the few who is truly successful trading and chooses to share. I remember hearing an interview with him a long time ago (at least 10 years now) on "Off Wall Street" & again recently on traderinterviews.com. I was very impressed with what he had to say. Mainly his approach is extreme discipline and high risk aversion. He seemed to be a very humble person as opposed to average interviewee who sounds like an infomercial. All I can say is: you gotta be doing something right to survive day trading for that long.

Last edited:
Do you know where to buy DVDs of his seminar?:)

Strange thing to say unless they are referring to just the indexes. Last I heard, he exclusively trades the S&P e-mini now. He does have a very successful track record spanning many years and is one of the few old-timers who day trades. He actually only started his seminars again recently. He used to do them frequently, but found it interfered with his trading, so he quit doing seminars for about 8 years. He is only doing one or two per year now & it is up in the air as for how long he will continue. It's about the only seminar of its type that I personally would consider attending. And that is only because I've known of him for many years now. Typically, if a seminar catches my eye, I'll just buy the DVD (especially if I can get it used on Amazon or Ebay). Why pay airfare, hotel and fees when everything of value can be had on the DVD for a fraction of the cost... (If there is anything of value that is)

There are some people who just have a passion for teaching and sharing. The really difficult thing is to tell the difference between the peddlers and the genuine article. I do believe he is one of the few who is truly successful trading and chooses to share. I remember hearing an interview with him a long time ago (at least 10 years now) on "Off Wall Street" & again recently on traderinterviews.com. I was very impressed with what he had to say. Mainly his approach is extreme discipline and high risk aversion. He seemed to be a very humble person as opposed to average interviewee who sounds like an infomercial. All I can say is: you gotta be doing something right to survive day trading for that long.

Really, you guys crack me up. Anyone who seriously considers paying $4,000 for a trading course clearly hasn't got enough brain cells to succeed at trading.

You just want to a) get ripped off and b) lose money any way you can.

In his interview he said he used five indicators and he usually enters a trade when one indicator turns. Looks like his trade is based on his mysterious custom indicator. And his exit is based on gut feel which is consistantly reliable? :eek:

There are no DVDs or CDs of his available.
Here is the link to the interview on TraderInterviews.com: http://www.traderinterviews.com/programs/TI_2008-01-17_DickDiamond.mp3

And rathcoole, I might be able to find a link to a therapist for you.. 'cuz that was just wrong on so many levels

In his interview he said he used five indicators and he usually enters a trade when one indicator turns.

Lesson 1: Technical anaylsis using hyperbole curves
Lesson 2: The use of hyperbole in increasing profitability
Lesson 3: Riding the credulousity curve home
Lesson 4: Understaing susceptibility support and resistance
Lesson 5: Maximizing duplicity