Can anyone recommend a good spread betting book??

dean_taylor

Hi Everybody,

Ive been on this site for a while reading bits here & there, but never mde a post.
I am hoping to teach myself how to spread bet. I currently have a demo account at MDS spreads and have been trying a few different tactics, which I have mainly found on this site. At the moment I am avbout 20% up from where i started, but my results are not consistent at all. And to be honest, even though I have used them, I have no idea what most of the indicators mean.

I am hoping to be making a living out of it one day, but before I start playing with my real money I would like to know a bit more about it. Can anybody recommend a good spread betting book for complete beginners? Preferably one that has been tried and tested by somebody on here. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards,
Dean

Well you could do a lot worse than Malcolm Pryor's "The Financial Spreadbetting Handbook"

However, spreadbetting is just on the many ways of taking on the market, so to be honest you could pick up some good books that aren't related to spreadbetting but which you will still find useful.

Then there are the classics, such as Market Wizards, and Reminiscences of a Stock Operator...worthy of a place in any traders library.

Having said all of the above, try and get your education for free and continue to read various posts and articles here at T2W.

20% is a nice start, but dont be too quick to marry into spreadbetting. When you see a glorified bookmaker widen spreads then you know that's your cue to start looking into CFD's and DMA. (I have nothing against spreadbetting firms, I have two accounts myself, but just telling it how it is).

Good luck on your journey.

Malcolm Pryor's "The Financial Spreadbetting Handbook"

Well you could do a lot worse than Malcolm Pryor's "The Financial Spreadbetting Handbook"

However, spreadbetting is just on the many ways of taking on the market, so to be honest you could pick up some good books that aren't related to spreadbetting but which you will still find useful.

Then there are the classics, such as Market Wizards, and Reminiscences of a Stock Operator...worthy of a place in any traders library.

Having said all of the above, try and get your education for free and continue to read various posts and articles here at T2W.

20% is a nice start, but dont be too quick to marry into spreadbetting. When you see a glorified bookmaker widen spreads then you know that's your cue to start looking into CFD's and DMA. (I have nothing against spreadbetting firms, I have two accounts myself, but just telling it how it is).

Good luck on your journey.

good book

Karl

I recommend Malcom Pryor's one. Very good IMO and written in a clear manner that doesn't at any point overwhelm. My only criticism would be that it assumes you have a basic knowledge of spread betting and as such is probably not the best place for the complete newbie.

mr spreadbetting

Mr Spreadbetting Manual and CD

The Mr Spreadbetting manual and CD is not a theoretical text. It is a complete practical trading strategy/system designed to be applied directly to the financial markets. The package contains;

1. Technical analysis and technical indicators to identify tradable setups

2. Clearly laid out rules to reduce the emotional influence on trading

3. A method for determining the exact point to enter a trade along with entry and stop loss calculations

4. A trailing stop loss strategy designed to capture the majority of available profit from a price move and at the same time protect against price reversal.

5. Risk management principles enabling the trader to stay in control

6. Other tradable chart patterns that are new to the markets

7. A CD containing video examples of system trades and other chart pattern setups.

Mr Spread Betting Mr Spread Betting: Maximum Profit, Low Risk Trading: David Robertson: Amazon.co.uk: Books
_________________hope this help:

I recommend Malcom Pryor's one. Very good IMO and written in a clear manner that doesn't at any point overwhelm.

Just be aware that this book deals almost exclusively with trading equities (not FX, indices etc) over TFs of a few days. Still a good intro though as others have said.

It also persists with this really pointless 'mountain climbing' analogy which personally just made me want to jump off a mountain.

Ben