Can anyone recommend a strategy?

Hi Will,
Why not post it here, then everyone can benefit?

Just so you know, as a rule of thumb, the forum as a whole takes a dim view of members offering to do things for others in private behind closed doors. The reason being that, 99% of the time, it's not for the 'right' reasons.
Tim.

Thanks Tim,

I also notice that, generally speaking, the information offered by the forum as a whole tends to strike me as being rather nonspecific and vague, such as "marketinout or something like that" or "it's pretty simple code," etc., but that's just my view and neither here nor there.

As to why not post it here, it's not information I wish to broadcast widely, so in the future, when such is the case, I'll simply refrain from responding at all so as not to give the forum reason to take a dim view of me. Thanks again for your input!

Will

Hi Will,
I also notice that, generally speaking, the information offered by the forum as a whole tends to strike me as being rather nonspecific and vague, such as "marketinout or something like that" or "it's pretty simple code," etc., but that's just my view and neither here nor there.
Sorry if I'm being thick, but I'm not sure I get your point? Does this relate to my previous post or is it an unrelated comment about the forum as a whole?

As to why not post it here, it's not information I wish to broadcast widely, so in the future, when such is the case, I'll simply refrain from responding at all so as not to give the forum reason to take a dim view of me. Thanks again for your input!
You may well have perfectly legitimate reasons for not posting publicly (proprietary code etc.) - and that's fine. I wasn't casting aspersions on your good character, just letting you know how things tend to be perceived.

FYI, you can always use the 'thumbs up' rep' facility to leave a personal comment in lieu of going to the trouble of writing a PM.
Tim.

As like professional trader and trader who traded with large institutional traders for many years I can share some tips for you. Most of retail traders focus on technical analysis (searching for successful strategy, "holy grail" ) but most of them don't realize that fundamentals drives the market and that they need to focus on market sentiment and fundamentals if they want to be successful. Professionals will not build any position on the market if they dont understand market sentiment and fundamental condition at the moment on the currency pair they observe. Technical analysis is maybe the easiest part. Internet is full of "forex systems" which they want to sell you and take your money because they are not traders they are sellers.

In the professional trading there is no price is overbought or oversold or stuffs like that. There is > do I understand the market background and past market movements and If i do, I want to establish my position using the my fundamental view and sentiment. So, technical analysis in professional trading is used to benefit from our fundamental view we created. if we speak about technical analysis, you dont need anytying special. The professionals using only pure price action,high,low, close of the bars. In intraday trading and near-term trading I am using market profile + volume price action.

Will post you example of reading the market sentiment and watching closely price action on high impact events.

Hope i helped you :)

Petar

which is it Petar?
professionals don't use technical analysis, or they do use technical analysis
you are contradicting yourself in this paragraph
pure price action is technical analysis, fundamental analysis doesn't need a chart at all

Sorry if I'm being thick, but I'm not sure I get your point? Does this relate to my previous post or is it an unrelated comment about the forum as a whole?

Hi Tim. It doesn't really matter. You can just ignore it.

which is it Petar?
professionals don't use technical analysis, or they do use technical analysis
you are contradicting yourself in this paragraph
pure price action is technical analysis, fundamental analysis doesn't need a chart at all

Hello there,
Read again, you will find this sentence > So, technical analysis in professional trading is used to benefit from our fundamental view we created. So, yes we using technical analysis to benefit from our fundamental view and sentiment view. Key point is that we don't base trade because of technical analysis. It is always fundamental reason of being in position.

Hello there,
Read again, you will find this sentence > So, technical analysis in professional trading is used to benefit from our fundamental view we created. So, yes we using technical analysis to benefit from our fundamental view and sentiment view. Key point is that we don't base trade because of technical analysis. It is always fundamental reason of being in position.

ok I see, then one more question..
you say you use pure price action. would you buy into a stock if the fundamentals were good but the stock was in a downtrend?

ok I see, then one more question..
you say you use pure price action. would you buy into a stock if the fundamentals were good but the stock was in a downtrend?

On the Stock I watch fundamentals and trade classic pattern observing volume on the breakout. Nothing more there. If i see accumulation and the price breakout in a strong volume, I go in.

I think trading based on overbought and oversold levels as indicated by technical indicators is the best way of getting benefited from forex price movements.

Personally, I like to look for pullbacks in the trend, as indicated in the image below. To my surprise, I ultimately found MACD, RSI, ADX, CCI, Stochastic Oscillators and the like to be of limited value for me at least, and eventually ended up trading based solely on moving average envelopes.

GBPUSDH1PullBacks.png

Apparently, Fortress cannot offer their services to US citizens. I don't understand why that should be.

Apparently, Fortress cannot offer their services to US citizens. I don't understand why that should be.

tomorton, we can! But Managed Accounts only for QEP US Citizens. This strategy, Magic FX Strategy, frankly, won't work on the US brokers which are of the quality level from horrible to awful. It will work at almost any non-US broker. The broker we're setup at, ATC Brokers, will not accept a US Citizen, except a QEP. Thank our twisted US regulations for this circumstances!

Personally, I like to look for pullbacks in the trend, as indicated in the image below. To my surprise, I ultimately found MACD, RSI, ADX, CCI, Stochastic Oscillators and the like to be of limited value for me at least, and eventually ended up trading based solely on moving average envelopes.

View attachment 229308

Hey Will

that's nice ...real nice ...... its all about catching the bounces on established trends .......envelopes are ok but again trying to incorporate Real time pricing is the key alongside price action patterns for catching the rebounds just right...theres plenty of other things to consider as well ...but that comes with experience

N

I swing trade on a combination of fundamentals and technicals. Trades are based on daily charts and use a combination of RSI (14), MACD, Slow Stochastics, Bollinger bands, and MA's. Monthly pivot points and Fib levels are also used from time to time to establish reversal levels. I usually require confirmation from least 2 indicators before I establish a trade.

I've done well so far in 2016:

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/bsc-daily-trader/1530968

The only strategy is to change your strategy while trading. If you don't change strategy according to the market trend, you won't survive in long run.