can anyone recommend a 1 tick FTSE spreadbetting platform

francisfinley

Established member
can anyone recommend a 1 tick FTSE spreadbetting platform?

I like the iii/cityindex platform style where you bet with a quick hit button to enter a trade and a simple close button to exit.

i dont like the cmc style where to exit a position you have to open an order in the opposite direction.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

i have tried IG index but they will only give me a guaranteed loss account as im such a noob.

and futuresbetting is £10 min per tick. no can do.

Last edited:

I like the iii/cityindex platform style where you bet with a quick hit button to enter a trade and a simple close button to exit.

i dont like the cmc style where to exit a position you have to open an order in the opposite direction.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

i have tried IG index but they will only give me a guaranteed loss account as im such a noob.

and futuresbetting is £10 min per tick. no can do.

The ETX trading platform allows you to place a "buy/sell" button on your dealing page for as many currency pairs/stocks/indices etc you are looking at trading. To open a buy position you click on "buy" and to close that deal you click on "sell". Easy and quick. Each buy and sell button for a particular pair shows the relevant current price which changes tick by tick. You can clear any or all buttons as you wish.

The ETX trading platform allows you to place a "buy/sell" button on your dealing page for as many currency pairs/stocks/indices etc you are looking at trading. To open a buy position you click on "buy" and to close that deal you click on "sell". Easy and quick. Each buy and sell button for a particular pair shows the relevant current price which changes tick by tick. You can clear any or all buttons as you wish.

wicked. read thru the ETX thread too. gonna try the demo.

i reopened my capital spreads account tonite and remembered i dont like the platform - you have to change windows to see open positions - no good for me.

wicked. read thru the ETX thread too. gonna try the demo.

i reopened my capital spreads account tonite and remembered i dont like the platform - you have to change windows to see open positions - no good for me.

I just love the ETX platform... A list of your chosen portfolio at the top, with all the relevant links and prices, in the middle the row of trading Buy/Sell buttons you have programmed, and at the bottom a list of open positions, with tabs for Closed Positions, Trade History, Order Book and Account Transactions. Very easy to work with.

I just love the ETX platform... A list of your chosen portfolio at the top, with all the relevant links and prices, in the middle the row of trading Buy/Sell buttons you have programmed, and at the bottom a list of open positions, with tabs for Closed Positions, Trade History, Order Book and Account Transactions. Very easy to work with.

ive checked it out ( i seem to already have accounts with every broker going) and its a 2 point spread :(

I think shorts and longs is 1pt FTSE, in main trading hours.

I wouldn't get too fixated on a 1 point spread, especially if your average win/loss is a few tens of points.

Plenty of successful SB traders are happy to trade a 2 point spread if they get decent fills, less shenanigans etc (e.g. with IG).

Ben

I wouldn't get too fixated on a 1 point spread, especially if your average win/loss is a few tens of points.

Plenty of successful SB traders are happy to trade a 2 point spread if they get decent fills, less shenanigans etc (e.g. with IG).

Ben

it does to me tho.. i want to scalp the ftse i have built my own system on metatrader for scalping.

minimum stop 20 pts...

looks like im best off with what i currently have.

ho hum.

thanks for everyones help

This seems like a dumb question...but....

Can't you just manually exit if it goes against you with that 20pt as a back up, i'd guess you're daytrading if you're wanting smaller than 20pt stops?

This seems like a dumb question...but....

Can't you just manually exit if it goes against you with that 20pt as a back up, i'd guess you're daytrading if you're wanting smaller than 20pt stops?

i could but with the ftse and the timeframe im working i can use the stop as low as 5pts in some trades for instance. im a picky git!!

it does to me tho.. i want to scalp the ftse i have built my own system on metatrader for scalping.

Fair enough, that wasn't clear from your initial post or your blog (although no reason why it had to be).

Now all you need to worry about is the SB Co being happy with you scalping, especially profitably :)

Fair enough, that wasn't clear from your initial post or your blog (although no reason why it had to be).

Now all you need to worry about is the SB Co being happy with you scalping, especially profitably :)

hopefully there is enough brokers in the world to keep me going till i push daisies!!

yeh scalping - seems to suit my style. tried some medium term day stuff recently and i sucked. could not get my perma bear hat off. this way i can just go with the flow.

I find Dealingdesk to be quite good for trading FTSE (1 point spread). Nice platform with fast execution.

try futures betting I currently get 0.5 its same as DMA with no comissions

Yes they are good, but high entry level though for the FTSE. Isn't every tick 0.5 and you have to add commission?

0.5 either side of mid = 1 point o/a also a 0.5 commission unless you do over 200 rt per month.