Buy!! Market Bottomed on August 23

Sadly not. For example:

David: "Hey Jim, you'll never guess what Julian just did! He only went and felt my @rse!"

Jim: "Surely you're not surprised? Everyone knows he's a rampaging algo."

Haha :D

Its also the preferred expression when deciding whose round it is at the bar. After lots of bullying, the unfortunate buyer usually states 'fine, fine... algo'.

So is the market bottomed out today, or is the algo back to the drawing board and multinick now come into effect ?

My gut algo continues to sell because it says there is a bear market.

So is the market bottomed out today, or is the algo back to the drawing board and multinick now come into effect ?

My gut algo continues to sell because it says there is a bear market.

What are some hypothetical outcomes that your gut algo would interpret as a reversal into a bull market?

What are some hypothetical outcomes that your gut algo would interpret as a reversal into a bull market?

My gut indicator will go bullish when the WSJ or FT have front page headlines that say the stock exchanges will go into imminent liquidation because the stock indexes are going through the floor and there is no more hope these will ever rise again. The bull indicator will further be reinforced when they mention the crazy large banks are buying the market trying to prop them up while every joe is selling. Clearly, in their view, the banks will shortly go belly up.

Yep, I agree with the thread's title the market has bottomed, it is trading at around 9:1 P/E so it's not going to go much lower and if it does it probably won't stay there for long.

The market is crashing again. Are we bottom out yet, or has the OP lost his shirt now and getting a new nick ?

My gut algo is saying go all in short.

The market is crashing again. Are we bottom out yet, or has the OP lost his shirt now and getting a new nick ?

Why would the OP have lost his shirt? The Dow Jones and S&P500 market indexes are still higher than on 8/23 which was the supposed bottom. Depending on when he actually went long after that date he could still be on the plus side. What happens the rest of this week though, who knows?

Peter

The US Stock futures are down more than 200 points. With Europe declining sharply, tomorrow might be a bad day for the US financial markets. Understand, Survive and Thrive's Trading Algorithm generated a Sell Signal on Friday at 1177. Thus, closing the long trade for 2.6% profit. Overall the UST trading Algo was up ~+9% in August (please review the website).

After Friday's decline, the weekend market analysis brought forward a uniquely different market outlook. Markets have changed their trend from up to down. In order to better understand these developments, Inflection Point Model was re-run. Note that IPM has been 95% accurate in predicting market turns (Please review the website for details).

The most important aspect of an analyst's performance is to listen to the message of the market and to adapt appropriately. According to the two models, the next turn date is scheduled for September 20, 2011 (+/- 4 days). Since there are few days to the next turn date, it is highly likely that we will see the bearish scenario (new lows), come to fruition. There are two turn dates very close to one another. This suggests that either we will see a double bottom or we will see a sharp but short rally into the second turn date. Interestingly, this time frame also coincides with "Options Expiration Week," Federal Reserves' special 2-day meeting where they might announce QE3 and the Fall Solstice (a significant time for market turns).

Overall, bottom picking in a downtrend is hard and can result in losses. One of the paramount rules of the trading algorithm is to very rarely undertake a counter-trend trade. Therefore, we will look for shorting opportunities over the next few days.