Bund spoofing RIDICULOUS today

Fair play,I had no idea that's how it worked.Aside from that I actually found the comment that "the Bund is one of the easier markets to trade directionally" a little out there,it's a bit like Tiger Woods saying "Golf is one of the easier sports to play" - I'm sure not everyone would agree!

if he is spoofing and winning then he has found the markets achilles heel and is exploiting it. its like when my 4 year old plays football and everyone on the pitch chases the ball together, the chances of getting to the ball first are stacked against you and if you do get it it is very difficult to hold on to it best to wait for the loose ball .......then your odds improve dramatically

It happens in the equity products on eurex as well.

The volume drops right now have little to do with these spoofers, its happened in all financial futures, CME has had it the worst i think. Although i don't doubt much of the damage has been done by the exchanges algo based decisions, there is good discussions on this on ET. We must remember we have many less people to trade with these days however unfortunatly. I never foresaw markets thin out like this.

The flippers/spoofers have made me and my other local friends £,££££ in eurex if you understand what they are trying to do. Personally i don't trade fixed income but i have seen people use the person spoofing bid& offers to their advantage in bunds. We dont do spreads.

I have seen him get hit occasionally for 1k+ in eurostoxx. If he is willing to risk it then fine imo, although in such low volume times it can make life particularity hard.

guys, Just wanted to know what the CTD on the Bund MARCH 09 contract is, I know the CTD on the gilt contract is the 5 18s. I was just looking into a potential spread trade on the gilt-bund

you want real spoofing try trading some of the base metals electronic contracts where people offer up on the bid or offer more size than has traded all day and constantly keep doing this.

Spoofing has been happening for a long time this just follows the "adapt or die" no market will stay the same, the size going through will change and its up to you as a trader to adjust

Can you trade Base metals prop? I thought you had to be part of a member firm or something...??

CTD for FBGL H09 = 4 18s

EDIT: If there is an order in the book for more size than has traded, surely you can spot it as a spoof a mile off, and trade accordingly?

Last edited:
you want real spoofing try trading some of the base metals electronic contracts where people offer up on the bid or offer more size than has traded all day and constantly keep doing this.

I'd love to see someone take him for the whole lot, and sweep the next price or two as well... :D

Can you trade Base metals prop? I thought you had to be part of a member firm or something...??

CTD for FBGL H09 = 4 18s

EDIT: If there is an order in the book for more size than has traded, surely you can spot it as a spoof a mile off, and trade accordingly?

A few companies do prop trade metals, for example marex trading who have a huge prop trading floor are one of the 12 ring dealing members of the lme aswell as man fiancial who several arcades clear through.

forgot to add as for the large size in base metals in can be very mixed sometimes they do want them, for example there are funds that make up 90% of all the warehouse stock for copper of aluminium so it can be hard to see who wants it and who doesnt.

Base metals markets are highly manipulated for example in copper you dont have to report a position to exchange members unless its over 15,000 tonnes which is stupidly big size and for example in gold i think its 1000 tonnes then you have to report it

Last edited:
buy it if you think it's going up, sell it if you think it's going down

Let me rephrase - I know it was a stupid question - but I was busy in the bund atm.

Could you specify what makes it the easiest market to trade directional?

I can't answer for dante, but I would say that it trends beautifully sometimes and otherwise it also has pretty clear S/R on charts.

I can't answer for dante, but I would say that it trends beautifully sometimes and otherwise it also has pretty clear S/R on charts.

I've been taught to trade spreads - which is mostly what I do now - however I'd love to trade it outright instead. I try to do it from time to time but since I'm used to trading spreads (e.g panic when I a little offside) I find it hard to make money. I know there are plenty of opportunitues but somehow I can do it. I think it would suit me better though, if I knew how to adapt. However I can't find any good resources on how to trade it outright. Any recommendations? Been trading the bund et al for 2 years something so I know the basic stuff.