Best Thread Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

bund and US 10 yrs have moved up since about 2:45pm, but the schatz and bobl have not shown the same strength.

this doesn't have anything to do with cash injections into economy does it? as that should be affecting the shorter term rates..

as some of you recommended, I got up EURUSD now and noticed it is also moving up with the the 10 year bund & US treasury note. However, for the past few days I saw the relationship was inverse.

Any opinions on this action?

edit: I see the bobl has just picked up a little..

Also how did everyone who scalps do before 2:45pm? ..

Cheers

Dont think the cash injections are making the difference between the bund/bobl.

Just been a plain boring 2 days, both been hard work and think come tomorrow we should be back to normal.

Very light on ticks profit per contract on Bobl, the range was nice but it was just too slow and took smaller profits..... saying that nice break of support has just doubled my profit :)

hated it so slow this morning for scalping as these vicious 4-6 tick squeezes can catch u from nowhere and if u take loss u have to take at worst price.

Bring on non-farms!

If a 6 tick move is painful, trade it so that it isn't - i.e. going for bigger moves

Please stop squeezing me out arabian. Hurts to take 6 tick loss since im only usually taking 1-3 winners ticks.

Scalping is my speciality with a minor in position trading (which I do on schatz). My best markets are thin, liquid, fast markets. Enemy being heavy (especially with "fake" volumes), slow, squeezy markets.

Getting better to not knowing when to trade but at the end of the day its all about discipline and not craving for action for the sake of it.

One of the things that initially destroyed me in bonds was when you had a big sell-off on heavy volume and then the market looked like it was forming a bearish wedge and light volume. I would go short and it would just continue going up and volume gradually come in more heavily before it just made new highs... (just like what is happening now )

is that automated selling/buying?

What's "fake" volume?

When you see like 200+ lots on bid and ask and 50 trades through and whole 150 or whatever is left just collapses (order is pulled, its kindof like a mini spoof i suppose). thats horrible for scalping. i rather have it when its 50 lots on both sides.

this kind of action has to do with the options then?

eurex calendar lists option expiry as tomorrow..

nope and not not expiry tomrrow. it's just gamma tastic that's all

what do you mean exactly? do you mean the gamma of options? the gamma in options is just the delta of the delta, and the delta just tells you how much the value of the options is going to change when price changes. how does that explain today's price moves?

Hello John

Could you help me to set up Ninja Trader, please? My main problem is i don`t know with which broker I should open my account. Means which broker cooprate with NT. Sure I am looking for not exepnsive one

Could you help me a bit, please

Regards
Li

Looking to sim trading schatz then going live.

AMP is offering me $2.66rt (which includes data feed). $60p/month sub to Ninja Trader.

whereas Open E is offering me 2.5euro rt not including exchange fee.

For those of you trading with retail commissions, where are you trading?
(I can't use IB yet due to age restrictions)...

what do you mean exactly? do you mean the gamma of options? the gamma in options is just the delta of the delta, and the delta just tells you how much the value of the options is going to change when price changes. how does that explain today's price moves?

it doesn't i was merely stating that it's a long gamma traders dream.

I try to follow the Eurex as much as I can, right now working nightshifts so usually catch the AH.

I missed what happened @ 1:50PM. Was there any sort of announcement that is not listed on the economic announcements (BOE rate decision, Germany factory orders etc).

There is a bar with a 44 tick range there, surely something was announced at the time?

Cheers

You had BOE @ 12.00 GMT and EU Int Rate @ 12.45 GMT.

If you are talking about the big spike up, it was BOE cutting by 1.5% against the .5% expected.

The 2 awful days at the start of the week have been made up by 2 fantastic days, cant understand why anyone would want to trade stock index futures when the bund/bobl move like this.

Double tops/bottoms, pullbacks and breakouts were all textbook today.

Last edited:
You had BOE @ 12.00 GMT and EU Int Rate @ 12.45 GMT.

If you are talking about the big spike up, it was BOE cutting by 1.5% against the .5% expected.

I think he is talking about the big downward spike at 12:50. There was no scheduled news event as I can see. It's interesting that it traded back at the same price after the downward spike as it was before the downward spike.

that's the one AgeKay

Yes, this action is awesome. Unfortunately I miss most of it... :/

the spike downward was also in DAX (which usually should be opposite) and Euro..

Last edited: