Best Thread Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

I'm prettty sure it's gonna go up or down.

Are you seriously looking for that kind of advice on an anonymous forum?

Sorry, it did sound like a dumb question, but no I'm not looking for advice, just opinions, views, whatever.

Somewhat to my personal surprise (but then, I'm new to the Bund market) I see it tested the previous recentish high of 121.74 but didn't break through convincingly. I therefore half expected it to bounce down, at least some of the way towards the lower end of its recentish range (I am looking at 1h and daily charts), like it has been doing for most of September. Or is it more likely to break upwards out of the range? I expected a little more decisive movement one way or the other today. Perhaps more experienced Bund traders may care to comment, but if they prefer not to then that's fine.

Actually it didn't really go up or down today (well not in the way it has been doing in recent days).

Or is it more likely to break upwards out of the range?

Trust me, no one knows. Whether high or low of day breaks or holds is decided in the moment price is close to it. But looking at Bobl and Schatz might help. If the high and low of the day coincide then there is a higher likelyhood that it might hold.

Actually it didn't really go up or down today (well not in the way it has been doing in recent days).

Of course it did. The inside market changed more than 2000 times today. I guess you mean longer term...

Trust me, no one knows. Whether high or low of day breaks or holds is decided in the moment price is close to it. But looking at Bobl and Schatz might help. If the high and low of the day coincide then there is a higher likelyhood that it might hold.
Many thanks for that.

Of course it did. The inside market changed more than 2000 times today. I guess you mean longer term...

Sorry again...I had most recently only looked at the daily chart and compared to previous days, it looks relatively static. The hourly chart tells a different story. I was looking at it earlier in the day, and my memory is that it was a bit slow, but I must admit with hindsight it looks busier.

Well, having read a bit more of this thread in the meantime, it seems like one really needs level 2 to trade this thing properly (or is that only for scalping?). I'm not a scalper (or is that the only way to trade this market?). Thanks.

[Edit: it occurs to me that if it was relatively quiet today (I mean Monday), it might be to do with the German election].

Last edited:

waddayamean inside market? and how exactly is your softwatre visually keeping track of it? :LOL:

As long as bunds can stay trading above 122.60 there is scope once more for another challenge
on the 122.94/97 highs today.

As long as bunds can stay trading above 122.60 there is scope once more for another challenge
on the 122.94/97 highs today.

If I may ask, is this on technical grounds, fundamental, or what?
(Not disagreeing; just trying to understand how this beast works!).

If I may ask, is this on technical grounds, fundamental, or what?
(Not disagreeing; just trying to understand how this beast works!).

Hi montmorencyt2w. I get a daily technical analysis report on Bund, Bobl & Schatz from Charmercharts.com. I mostly trade the Bobl as the level stend to hold better. I can send you the report or post the levels here each day if it helps anyone.

Hi montmorencyt2w. I get a daily technical analysis report on Bund, Bobl & Schatz from Charmercharts.com. I mostly trade the Bobl as the level stend to hold better. I can send you the report or post the levels here each day if it helps anyone.

where do you get the reports from?

where do you get the reports from?

I get them sent to me. For today: Below 122.60 sees sellers try to drive prices back to 122.41/39. Here they will cover. They will re-sell a break of 122.39 for 122.28/24 where you are covering shorts and once again entering longs.
A break above 122.60 is excellent resistance at 122.94/97 then previous highs between 123.07 and 123.12. As stated is excellent resistance from weekly charts and also from the previous Sept highs. It will be unlikely that this area will break so sellers are instructed to sell only any bounce to these higher levels. Longer term charts are entering overbought conditions so this will help it lower from these highs. Stops will then have to be placed above 123.20.

I get them sent to me. For today: Below 122.60 sees sellers try to drive prices back to 122.41/39. Here they will cover. They will re-sell a break of 122.39 for 122.28/24 where you are covering shorts and once again entering longs.
A break above 122.60 is excellent resistance at 122.94/97 then previous highs between 123.07 and 123.12. As stated is excellent resistance from weekly charts and also from the previous Sept highs. It will be unlikely that this area will break so sellers are instructed to sell only any bounce to these higher levels. Longer term charts are entering overbought conditions so this will help it lower from these highs. Stops will then have to be placed above 123.20.

well, wherever you get them from, those charts are not for free and you should not post them here.. They don't cost very much either, so if someone wants 'em they should easily be able pay for it, and by doing that support the creators.

well, wherever you get them from, those charts are not for free and you should not post them here.. They don't cost very much either, so if someone wants 'em they should easily be able pay for it, and by doing that support the creators.

Fair enough...I was not going to post them everyday...just trying to help. Anyway, they work for me. Good luck!

Stusse,

Stop getting your knickers in a twist. They just got a free bit of advertising
where potentially people will go look at their site like i did to see what they
offer.

He did it in good faith as somebody asked him where he was getting the levels from

Ged

Stusse,

Stop getting your knickers in a twist. They just got a free bit of advertising
where potentially people will go look at their site like i did to see what they
offer.

He did it in good faith as somebody asked him where he was getting the levels from

Ged

Ah gee I'm sorry, thanks for making sure this forum is a happy place :love::love::love: