Best Thread Bund Bobl and Schatz Thread

bugger it I bought 925... still stop at 91 though.

Anyone who reads this and goes fisihing for me is a ****.

seems odd that bund comes off 80 ticks in a straight line and only then we see the ecb sources story. bent as a hockey stick.

bund has broken technically from that 112.58 level then some stops and cta selling. this ecb story is as always the biggest bull****

If anyone cares about that STIR trade I'm going to leave the stop in for the moment and just get out at market at 4 o clock or whenever I finish... I'm thinking 97 might not be ambitious enough.

Looking to sim trading schatz then going live.

AMP is offering me $2.66rt (which includes data feed). $60p/month sub to Ninja Trader.

whereas Open E is offering me 2.5euro rt not including exchange fee.

For those of you trading with retail commissions, where are you trading?
(I can't use IB yet due to age restrictions)...

AMP is offering me $2.66rt (which includes data feed).

That is pretty good actually. I don't know any broker that gives you cheaper commission without doing some volume in that contract. I assume you are not doing much volume now since you're still demo trading. Is that AMPs normal quote or did you talk to them to lower it for you? You actually got me interested in them with that kind of prices.

I asked them for a quote for the following markets: ES, ZN, ZB, ZT, ZF, FESX, FDAX, FGBL, FGBM, FGBS. I also asked them how much it was to use the X_Trader platform.

Not only did they not answer my questions, but they just copied the following commission structure straigt off of Velocity Future's website and pasted it in the reply: CME Commisions

I immediately recognized it, because I've visited Velocity Futures several times before. I told them that and they replied that they are using Velocity Futures for the X_Trader platform. I don't have a good initial impression of them.

Last edited:
AgeKay:
That was what they offered me without any negotiation. I'm asking because I'm not sure about them. How can they offer a retail commission lower than IB, makes no sense.

AgeKay:
That was what they offered me without any negotiation. I'm asking because I'm not sure about them. How can they offer a retail commission lower than IB, makes no sense.

I don't understand why it does not makes sense. It's not like IB are the cheapest broker on the planet. And I IB are probably not the best either. I found brokers that are cheaper than IB (and better), but what AMP Futures offered you without negotiation is a pretty good commission. AMP Futures is an introducing broker only though. The best thing is always to look up a broker on the NFA site, because many times you find the cheapest broker have skeleton's in the closet. I checked AMP Futures there, didn't see anything bad, just a little strange that they were registered 3 times, but their membership was withdrawn twice (maybe you can ask them why?).

I've been watching the DOM for Schatz past couple of hours as looking to move to intraday trading.

Its quite different than anything else I've traded, lots of volume and it will barely move.

For those of you scalping off the order-book, do you use a chart at all? are you usually wanting a quick move or can you be in a position for 5min + (because it is slow)?

Should I be watching the DOM all the time or only at important levels? Also what kind of stops are you guys using? 1 -2 ticks?

There are people who dont even bother to watch charts and just focus on the orderbook all day and try to figure out where the spoofers are and what they are trying to achieve. If you can figure them out, you can make lots of money because they are the manipulators. Schatz and Bobl, euribor are complete spoofer markets, Bund less so.

My opinion is that if you are thinking of scalping Schatz, you might as well scalp the Bund since it moves roughly the same but quicker which means that you can trade less size and decrease your costs. Ie, if you trade 10 lots in schatz thats probably equivalent to 5 lots in the Bund and 7/8 in the Bobl.

I agree, Bund is a better market to trade, IMO. Especially if you're using limit orders since the tick size is 10€ vs. 5€, so you might as well get you're commission back.

I trade bobl and bund, but find many advantages in the smaller tick size, as it gives a heads up and earlier entry than the bund, if you are using a decent broker the comissions should be small eneough for it not to be an issue.

But each to their own...........