Bulkowski vs Nison

RMB299

I own and have read both Nison's 'Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques' and 'The Candlestick Course'. Both excellent reads and have enhanced my trading hugely.

Having studied these books is it worth also purchasing Bulkowski's books 'Encylopedia of Candlestick Charts' and 'Encylopedia of Chart Patterns'?

I ask because they are both quite expensive at £85 and £68 respectively on Amazon and I don't want to waste my money if I don't get anything from them that's not covered in Nison's books.

Thanks

I own and have read both Nison's 'Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques' and 'The Candlestick Course'. Both excellent reads and have enhanced my trading hugely.

Having studied these books is it worth also purchasing Bulkowski's books 'Encylopedia of Candlestick Charts' and 'Encylopedia of Chart Patterns'?

I ask because they are both quite expensive at £85 and £68 respectively on Amazon and I don't want to waste my money if I don't get anything from them that's not covered in Nison's books.

Thanks

I don't know about his candlestick book but Chart Patterns is quite different from candlestick analysis. In addition, in contrast to many other books (candlesticks or not) Bulkowski provides statistics for the patterns so one has a feel for the important ones. Morris does this for candlesticks and I suspect that Bulkowski's candlestick book might also. Bulkowski has a website where you can poke around and get a feel (maybe that's all that you need or want) for his work: http://thepatternsite.com/