Broker for Trading U.S. Futures(e minis)- help please!

nodd1e

Morning folks, ive been trading equities (mainly Nasdaq) for a no of years but am wanting to spread my risk capital and take advantage of greater leverage etc by moving into the e minis,s&p and nasdaq.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as regards decent brokers and trading platforms for the e minis - this is a bit new to me.Resaerching these things is fine but nothing beats personal experience - both good and bad.

many thanks in anticipation

nodd1e

Try interactivebrokers.com. They are cheap, and although their TWS platform may not be the most intuitive that you'll ever see, there is excellent order flexibility, basic charts, as well as a useful API if you're into a bit of programming.

rog1111

rog1111 said:
nodd1e

Try interactivebrokers.com. They are cheap, and although their TWS platform may not be the most intuitive that you'll ever see, there is excellent order flexibility, basic charts, as well as a useful API if you're into a bit of programming.

rog1111

many thanks appreciate your thoughts on this .Programing not my bag but the rest looks really useful(ive had a quick look at their site) - so thanks

Interactivebrokers.com require minimum account balance of £1450 for you to be able to take up a position.

As a bonus, if you do enough trades a month you can receive their data feed for free.

There's your pointer!

BTW, their transaction fees are low and if the transaction board looks scary to you, there are bolt on interfaces available for free on the www which make doing the trade easier. (Mind's gone blank on name of it right now sorry)

Hi all,

Has anyone heard of 'Go futures'??? I stumbled across their site at www.gofutures.com while I was comparing futures brokers.
They offer 99c sides (which was major highlight), and seem to be comparable in other areas - (ie: 5k acc min, $500 intraday margins on emini, etc).

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with them.... ?

Cheers,
Hazey.

www.cybertrader.com offers great software, and their comissions are also low, my mate is using it to trade equities at the moment because they offer one of the lowest equity rates, and they can lower them even further for you if you are an active trader. Im still learning but cybertrader is probably the broker ill go for if i ever become half decent :) at this.
You can try their demo, however all data delayed by one day, but still you get the general feeling.