Brighton UK - looking for traders

PokerBrat

Any traders in the Brighton area? I'm looking to make some contacts to maybe meet/chat every now and again to share tips, strategies and trading stories.

I could also be persuaded to start a game of poker as well.

Ok, so just found the South Coasters forum, which seems to have nothing but tumble weeds blowing through it.

So I know you're out there somewhere.

Hi PokerBrat
We're organising a meetup for investment clubs from around the Brighton area on 27th June. You're welcome to join us. I know a couple of clubs are looking for new members ...and some folk who are partial to the odd game of poker too!
More info:Brighton Meetup

timetotrade

Hi PokerBrat... I'd be very interested in meeting up for a chat -- I am Brighton based (Kemp Town).

I have been day trading UK and US equities and index futures since the start of the year and looking to make some local contacts to bounce ideas and discuss strategies.

Hi PokerBrat
We're organising a meetup for investment clubs from around the Brighton area on 27th June. You're welcome to join us. I know a couple of clubs are looking for new members ...and some folk who are partial to the odd game of poker too!
More info:Brighton Meetup

timetotrade
Hi timetotrade,
It would be good to meet other traders, and share some experiences.
Is this meting going to be structerred, if so what is the agenda.
I am both, an investor(mainly in properties as I have allowed the banks to invest with me in a portfolio) and a trader. There is a serious landlords invetment meeting too, but since I am not buying atm I have not attanded, though have been invited many times. Are you aware of this landlords mettings?
Time allowing I might pope in for this planned meeting.
Thanks for posting the info,
2be

Hi 2be
I have heard of the SPLA landlords association, is that the group you are referring to? There's an investment club that come to the meet ups whose members are all landlords and met through the SPLA.
The meeting on the 27th will be structured in that there'll be 4 presentations, but it will be informal in that the presentations are from just regular investors sharing their experiences, rather than professionals. You can see the agenda on the link: Brighton Meet Up
You're very welcome to join us. We are restricted on numbers, so if you could email to confirm if you'll be attending that would be great.
Hope to see you on 27th!

Hi PokerBrat... I'd be very interested in meeting up for a chat -- I am Brighton based (Kemp Town).

I have been day trading UK and US equities and index futures since the start of the year and looking to make some local contacts to bounce ideas and discuss strategies.

Appreciate the reply andresj. I have been away with work so not able to browse the forum as much as I would like. But when I am back in town I will be in touch to see about meeting up. Maybe a pint in this glorious sunshine would help also.

Any traders in the Brighton area? I'm looking to make some contacts to maybe meet/chat every now and again to share tips, strategies and trading stories.

I could also be persuaded to start a game of poker as well.

Howdy PB. I am usually based in Hove but currently my flat is let so I'm in Maidenhead. I do have plans to move back in November when my tenants leave. If your group/club gets off the ground please let me know as I'd love to get involved.

I swing trade FTSE 350, some Forex pairs and have been doing so with good success for about a year now.

Cheers!

Threips.

Anything else happening in this area in the coming months, or later this year? I checked out the groups for the south coast and isle of wight but I'm not sure if they're dead, as this thread appears to be. I'm based in Portsmouth for most of the year apart from the summer, I'm not looking to join an investment club, but to meet other trades.

Will

Im a brighton dude,,,,,Any guys who want to meet up/for chat food,PM me...

The National Investment Club Conference is taking place on 31st October. The guest speaker is Jonathan Eley, the editor of The Investors Chronicle. All the other presentations are from members of investment clubs from all around the UK.

I've mentioned it here, as I know all the Brighton clubs are coming along, and all the club members I know trade their own accounts too. So, it is an opportunity to meet other traders!

Brighton traders ?

Hello. If anyone is interested in a meeting in Brighton sometime please let me know. The South Coast Group had a meeting a while back but nothing since. It would be good to share thoughts on Trading Online these days. I think for many people the best if only option is an individual account. But Traders do form Investment Clubs. Poorer relation to Hedge Funds !

The cheek of it! Comparing an investment club to a hedge fund indeed! :)

An investment club is just a group of folk who meet up regularly to discuss, share experiences and learn about trading / investing. Just as everyone on this thread is looking to do.

In some clubs members each pool a small amount of money each month, which everyone votes on how it should be invested and which serves as a common point of focus - and helps make sure everyone turns up to meetings! I don't know anyone who got so rich from their investment club savings they could retire, but it's a jolly good excuse to meet for a pint!

I know the Hove Investment Club are looking for new members if anyone is interested in joining a club in the area:
Hove Investments - Home

Hello. Thanks for that. Of course you are right there is a big difference between an Investment Club and an Hedge Fund. Hove Investments looks interesting.