Brexit - in or out

Trained by the best m8, HM Government. No point explaining to you.

You and Forker telling it like it is with your pair of hardened nuts in your hands would make a fantastic negotiation team. Good luck with those. ;)

Listening to question time on Radio 4 right now and it transpires no plans were made by Brexit camp for leaving. Pooh bear!

Is this the fly getting a whiff of it's rear before it... :cheesy:

Looks like none were made by the government of the day in case of the wrong sort of vote result. Beggars belief really.

I'm sure it will all be fine :)

aaliberation-xlarge_trans++_Hs-GDo9an2Vml8A2d7wIO_o1CcHhXARI50Txb6eOA0.jpg

Looks like none were made by the government of the day in case of the wrong sort of vote result. Beggars belief really.

What you talking about?

Cameron resigned immediately in good time for Brexiters to sort their sh1t out in good time for the party conference, ideal venue to debate and elect the next leader.

When the BoE Carney commented on preparing for an out vote you came out with scare mongering stories.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to take you seriously.

What you talking about?

Cameron resigned immediately in good time for Brexiters to sort their sh1t out in good time for the party conference, ideal venue to debate and elect the next leader.

When the BoE Carney commented on preparing for an out vote you came out with scare mongering stories.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to take you seriously.

:LOL:
Well, they took their time coming out to make a statement. The result was known way before 5am. Cameron appeared way after 8am.

Regardless of what Cameron said, he is still the PM and should still have a grip on the day to day running of the government. At the moment, it looks very much as if everyone is being allowed to run riot, cos there's nobody in control.

This could all be deliberate of course.

:LOL:
Well, they took their time coming out to make a statement. The result was known way before 5am. Cameron appeared way after 8am.

Regardless of what Cameron said, he is still the PM and should still have a grip on the day to day running of the government. At the moment, it looks very much as if everyone is being aloud to run riot, cos there's nobody in control.

This could all be deliberate of course.

Run riot? Nobody in control?

Where are the trio; Boris, Gove and Farage? They are bunkered down talking leadership I bet.

We should hear some words from them for the Sunday papers?

To hope and glory (y)

Run riot? Nobody in control?

Where are the trio; Boris, Gove and Farage? They are bunkered down talking leadership I bet.

We should hear some words from them for the Sunday papers?

To hope and glory (y)

That's news to me...Farage part of the govt now is he :LOL:
Honestly, you are just too much!

Boris and Gove running leave campaign...again, nothing to do with being in government.
As usual, you have everything ass about face and back to front.

Less Government = More prosperity

I think you will agree the US position is of interest. Their spokespeople are going with that somehow Britain has been degraded and will not play such a big role in World Affairs.

That's hilarious. I suppose the US only likes it when they free the people of a country from an unwanted Government by dropping humanitarian bombs on them. The USA fought a war with Britain for their independence and then became the most prosperous country the world has ever seen. Only 'big government' numbskulls could think less Government is going to mean economic Armageddon. I believe in limited government , free markets and entrepreneurial spirit.

"That government is best which governs least, because its people discipline themselves."

P.S: I doubt this referendum will be ratified...I don't trust politicians...just a gut feeling

1 million people have signed a online petition for a second EU referendum....

which is fantastic really. This means the other 15,141,241 which voted Remain have accepted the democratic result and are joining forces with the 17,410,742 that voted Leave to help build a stronger, independent UK. :LOL:

.......P.S: I doubt this referendum will be ratified...I don't trust politicians...just a gut feeling............

Particularly since the vast majority of MPs are fervent remains. There's already a petition with getting on for 2m signatories calling for a second referendum which has to be considered by parliament under the petition rules.

As cv said, there seems no-one in control at the moment and someone's got to step in and give some strong leadership. I was all for staying in but, however much I dislike the result, we ought to get on with it without hindrance.

:LOL: big increase in the ten minutes between our posts, Mike . Stands at 1.765m atm.

1 million people have signed a online petition for a second EU referendum....

which is fantastic really. This means the other 15,141,241 which voted Remain have accepted the democratic result and are joining forces with the 17,410,742 that voted Leave to help build a stronger, independent UK. :LOL:

I want the UK to remain, as much as anyone. To come out with a request for another referendum because some have changed their minds will make the UK the laughing stock of Europe--if not the world.

Don't go down that road, please. I have, always felt that referendums over important reforms should need a majority of 66%. 52% is not decisive enough and unfair to the others. But that is what you wanted and that is what you have. Brexit won.

It's an interesting constitutional impasse. Parliament has to pass the legislation to take us out and MPs are remain by a huge majority. What do they sacrifice - their own personal conviction (and perceived responsibility) that exit will prove a disaster for Britain, or the expressed will of the majority of people?

With our sort of representational democracy referenda are all very well when the result is in accord with parliament's will. When it's not...............

I did not know that.

I find it difficult to understand why, when the public distrust politicians so much, these days, there should be a referendum which is passed straight back, for them to pass through Parliament.

That is another matter that the UK electorate will be able to get a solution on, from Westminster ,instead of from Brussels.

That's hilarious. I suppose the US only likes it when they free the people of a country from an unwanted Government by dropping humanitarian bombs on them. The USA fought a war with Britain for their independence and then became the most prosperous country the world has ever seen. Only 'big government' numbskulls could think less Government is going to mean economic Armageddon. I believe in limited government , free markets and entrepreneurial spirit.

"That government is best which governs least, because its people discipline themselves."

Agreed. Some people here think the government has the responsibility of taking care of them from cradle to grave, providing council estates, giving them free health care (p.s. nothing is ever free [taxes], educating them...

The government is only supposed to provide you with access to things such as education, prohibit not prevent fraudulent behavior and protect its borders. Its job is not lower the cost of housing. Decreasing the cost of anything is almost never a good thing.

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink. Providing education does not mean paying for your education either. Providing an economy and jobs does not mean giving you a job or paying for you not to have one.

:LOL: big increase in the ten minutes between our posts, Mike . Stands at 1.765m atm.

After 100,000 signatures Parliament will consider this for a debate

Its not like they have much else on their hands at the moment Jon...:LOL:

I want the UK to remain, as much as anyone. To come out with a request for another referendum because some have changed their minds will make the UK the laughing stock of Europe--if not the world.

Don't go down that road, please. I have, always felt that referendums over important reforms should need a majority of 66%. 52% is not decisive enough and unfair to the others. But that is what you wanted and that is what you have. Brexit won.

I agree. Hold the referendum again the day after and the result could be the opposite. Yes definitely 60+% for such a radical change. But as Dave the dunce didn't think of it, it is too late and we should ALL knuckle down to the big challenge ahead imho.