Brewski's Leverage Abuse

Nice move up there, I've moved my stop up to breakeven. I'll be doubling up soon if it keeps going.

Good luck mate. Keep it going. Regardless of what others say and whatever happens. In this game you have to have balls of steel. Don’t listen to the naysayers. Place your bet and follow it through. Do or........ you know the rest.

Lee

PS: my losses are too much for most others on here to comprehend. Only some (and that’s a couple at best), would understand what it takes. You being one of them.

You are transparency at its best.

Quick Q about guaranteed stops. So we know they cost more when you place a trade, but are there any additional costs when you move them?

No, just the initial cost. In reality they aren't worth using, the cost is too much over the long term but there's no way I'd risk not having them with the size of stake I can get to relative to how much money I've got and I wouldn't be able to reach those stake sizes without them as they reduce the margin required.

No, just the initial cost. In reality they aren't worth using, the cost is too much over the long term but there's no way I'd risk not having them with the size of stake I can get to relative to how much money I've got and I wouldn't be able to reach those stake sizes without them as they reduce the margin required.

Yep and it's a totally valid point given the risk. Saves you from becoming divorced and homeless when that gap trade eventually shows up. :LOL:

Yep and it's a totally valid point given the risk. Saves you from becoming divorced and homeless when that gap trade eventually shows up. :LOL:

Yeah and you can guarantee it would happen the one time I didn't use them!

Dow looks like it's winding up to explode, I've got my finger on the trigger ready to smash it(y)

£20pp now and guess what, I'll be adding to it again if it goes up more. Stop is still quite close so it's still the most likely outcome, I've taken a few points above breakeven to get the money back from guaranteed stop costs. I'm sure a lot of you just cannot understand how I don't take profit here.

Attachments

• Dow £20.jpg
    Dow £20.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 133
£20pp now and guess what, I'll be adding to it again if it goes up more. Stop is still quite close so it's still the most likely outcome, I've taken a few points above breakeven to get the money back from guaranteed stop costs. I'm sure a lot of you just cannot understand how I don't take profit here.

you caught a doozie there.

you caught a doozie there.

Praying it runs some more, it looks like it's winding up for another move up soon. All the others have gone back on me so I expect this one will as well, after all it is just a simple pullback to take me out

Been at work since 4am only just got home now and the kettle is on.

I added another £10 a point last night before I went to sleep so brewski is currently rinsing 2k profit but as always, my stop is really close at break even so that is the most likely outcome.

Screenshot to show trades... I'll be looking to add to £40 a point if I get the opportunity

Attachments

• Dow £30.jpg
    Dow £30.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 101
Sat at over 3k profit now... all you guys that would have run off with the £1200 yesterday would be gutted right now

Which is?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I was going to sit here and write an essay but honestly I don't have the time and this whole thread is already the perfect example.

On a side note, it's still very likely I will get taken out at breakeven and I fully accept that. You can all call me an idiot afterwards if you like

I was going to sit here and write an essay but honestly I don't have the time and this whole thread is already the perfect example.

On a side note, it's still very likely I will get taken out at breakeven and I fully accept that. You can all call me an idiot afterwards if you like

Don’t know why anyone should be confused as to your wider picture. You summed it up nicely in the title of your thread and your opening post. Go, man, go :LOL:

We're all rooting for ya Brewski, best of luck pal...:clap:.

Have you a plan for taking money off the table?

I'll never call you an idiot. I know the entire thread is dedicated to using leverage to the extreme. I should point out however, there is a difference between applying leverage in context to a working strategy tactically, and blindly applying it coincidentally with market moves. I feel you are in the later category based on the thread contents but are probably aware of it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk