Brewski's Leverage Abuse

We're all rooting for ya Brewski, best of luck pal...:clap:.

Have you a plan for taking money off the table?

I'll try and trail it as far as I can but most likely it will take me out at breakeven today or tomorrow.

I'll never call you an idiot. I know the entire thread is dedicated to using leverage to the extreme. I should point out however, there is a difference between applying leverage in context to a working strategy tactically, and blindly applying it coincidentally with market moves. I feel you are in the later category based on the thread contents but are probably aware of it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There's a little bit of both in there but I'm fully aware that what I'm doing goes against every rule that's ever taught to a trader.

Screenshot for £40pp, obviously had to move stop up. Either I'll be breakeven or I'll be breaking 10k profit soon!

Attachments

• Dow £40.jpg
    Dow £40.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 207
If I may ask, how far are you trying to take it? You have good profit there that could be banked and you can have another go at a fresh move when it comes

If I may ask, how far are you trying to take it? You have good profit there that could be banked and you can have another go at a fresh move when it comes

I'll trail it as far as I can... banking profits for another move is not something I do

I'll trail it as far as I can... banking profits for another move is not something I do
So you basically out to destroy the account on purpose. Hats off to you for effort

So you basically out to destroy the account on purpose. Hats off to you for effort

Of course not. Why would I bank a profit and risk it on a fresh move when I'm already in the winning move? That makes absolutely no sense.

Of course not. Why would I bank a profit and risk it on a fresh move when I'm already in the winning move? That makes absolutely no sense.
Well as you know markets fluctuate and this move in respect to the average move observed has likely run all or most of its course. You don't see traders buy and hold that would make them investors and your trade isn't in that category. Something to think about anyway.

I'm sat watching this at the moment and I've got to admit, at £40pp this is a killer... that 25114 low was an account value drop of over £3500 from the overnight high

This is the highest stake I've ever had but I'm not bottling it... do or die

Can't believe I'm actually still in this, I'm praying that the low for the day is in as it was 4.5 points away from my stop... Still to close for my liking though

The difference between the cash price and the sep 18 price is only 10 points today whereas yesterday it was 18 which has saved me

Can't believe I'm actually still in this, I'm praying that the low for the day is in as it was 4.5 points away from my stop... Still to close for my liking though

The difference between the cash price and the sep 18 price is only 10 points today whereas yesterday it was 18 which has saved me

I am not an expert on levels, but I thought 25100, give or take, was the support level.

Postman I think recently said 25300. Hes more up on that than I.

Is your risk that you are trading your account, rather than the market?

Hope it blasts up for you, but I fear you wont be banking any of it, even if it did.

Good luck. (y)
(my indicators are pointing down)

That's me out, slightly better than breakeven as I took a couple points to get the money back from the guaranteed stops. For a moment I genuinely thought that was going to be the big winner

I am not an expert on levels, but I thought 25100, give or take, was the support level.

Postman I think recently said 25300. Hes more up on that than I.

Is your risk that you are trading your account, rather than the market?

Hope it blasts up for you, but I fear you wont be banking any of it, even if it did.

Good luck. (y)
(my indicators are pointing down)

I would have started trailing the stop up at some point to get some profits locked in but in reality I was only around 100 points (average) in profit so too soon to.

I'm sure it will still go up from here

One minutes silence for the end of an era.
Just one more thing those European SOB's have done to kill the joy and hope of the average gambler, sorry I mean trader.

When the phone rings (for the margin call) we will remember them.
Long live leverage abuse!